4thdegree's Review: Spoilers

4thdegree

My first visit this year was last Thursday and I will be attending again Sunday night. The event was indeed great, with 4 houses that I absolutely love and only one house that I have no hope for (TWD.) I'm going to come back and update with a run down of each trip I make as the event carries on. So, without further ado...

Thursday (9/24)

Had a great time and loved almost everything. I was there from 6:15-1:00 and did everything except for see Bill & Ted (and I did M&M and Insidious twice) But I didn't spend enough time in the streets to really from an opinion on the scarezones.

Houses

1. Monsters & Mayhem - I was like a kid in a candy shop walking through each room. Two of the best scares of the night that got me in this house were the jack in the mirror (jack and I both laughed at how good he got me) and the gargoyle that is on the side of the cathedral. Also, I have to recognize the guy in the Forsaken who is popping out the floor of the boat on the right. I got stopped by him briefly in that scene and he went all out to get me 3 times and each time worked because I didn't expect him to keep going.

2. Insidious - The "Man with Red Face" is responsible for every scare that me got me in this house EXCEPT in the hallway where I decided to walk real close to the cloth wall to see if it was actual scareactors behind the wall... to my surprise, it indeed was real people and one of them grabbed my arm and nearly gave me a panic attack, haha. The best scare of the entire night though was one of the red face guys perfectly timing his scare and getting me so good that a lunged forward and squeezed my friend so fast and tight that it ended scaring her and making her scream.

3. Body Collectors - I need to go through this house to really appreciate this house, but I already love it. It is beautiful and the scares are plentiful and great. Off the top of my head, I absolutely loved the spine rip scene. 

4. Freddy vs. Jason - Pretty darn good, I put this one higher than it deserves to be (based off my run through) because I could tell that we just got put in a poor spot and part way through, they were doing scareactor change. So, that wrecked a few of my scenes, but my biggest problems were how bad the Freddy masks looked and how terrible the Freddy and Jason killing each other scenes were.

5. Run - Fun, just needs a lot of energy. Perfectly cheesy and my friend and I both got a couple of decent scares.

6. Asylum in Wonderland - Looked REALLY cool and the tunnel worked tremendously, but the scares didn't get us as well as I had hoped for. All in all though, better than 90% of 3D houses.

7. The Purge - Did the best they could with having a Purge house set in Scream. I honestly could care less about the sets because it doesn't really matter for The Purge but they just need to pick up the energy a bit and make it real intense.

8. TWD - Horrible. Scareactors did decent, they didn't scare me once. And playing Knife Party in that final scene actually made me laugh out loud after I finished the house because I had forgot reading reviews warning me about it.

• Like 2