My late review of HHN 2014

horror lover

Definitely one of Universal's better years.. all the mazes were great, scarezones were better, (except for Skullz, no offense to anyone who worked that zone, great talent but maybe the lower lot shouldn't hold a scarezone anymore), but... LORD OH LORD, does this event need to bring back live shows... it's much needed to alleviate crowds.. next year, bring back Bill & Ted, do the 40th anniversary of Rocky Horror, etc.. SlaughterWorld if possible...

Mazes:

Alien vs Predator : 10/10 = This maze was CRAZY!! The use of alien puppetry and animatronics as well as the set detail of the spaceship was unheard of and was awesome

An American Werewolf In London: 10/10 = Loved the movie, the maze was a true gem from Universal.. Great usage of werewolf puppets and very true to the original film..

Clowns 3D: Music By Slash: 6 or 7/10 = Really cool 3D maze, gross, quirky, loved the scent of cotton candy and the music by Slash was well-done, hopefully we get the soundtrack on iTunes sooner than later

Dracula Untold: Reign Of Blood: 8/10 = Haven't seen the movie but the maze was good... not the best facade or expansive set design but got quite a few scares in this maze

Face-Off: In The Flesh: 7/10 = Really liked all the different characters from the show, was a very different feel from the normal House of Horrors, I'm going to miss that old castle this was definitely a great send-off maze for that venue

From Dusk Til Dawn: 8/10 = This maze was scary, well-done.. Got a chance to interact with the Gecko brothers outside and Chet Pussy.. Lol, a very detailed maze and very gory..

The Walking Dead (counting the maze, scarezone and Terror Tram all as one): 8/10 = Maze was good, got a few scares in there, Tram was fun doing the last Tram of the year, Terminus was scary... I do like the show and all the HHN attractions we got BUT I hope we either take a break for a few years OR if we HAVE to have it back next year, then just the maze and give us a brand new theme for the Terror Tram experience..

Scarezones:

Purge: Anarchy: 9/10 = Loved the energy and the flame towers.. Gloria Allred, may the Halloween gods go after you for getting rid of the Auctioneer

Dark Christmas: 10 OUT OF FREAKIN' 10!! = Yes, yes, yes and more yes.. this scarezone was very well-designed, beautiful and all the scareactors were on their game, both nights I went.. This NEEDS the La Llorona and Klownz treatment and graduate to a maze next year..

Mask-A-Raid: 10/10 = As a huge Phantom of the Opera fan, this scarezone was perfect Wonderful costume design, set design and got scares all-around in this one..

Skullz: 4/10 = Like I said, scareactors were good but maybe it's time to stop using the Lower Lot as a scarezone?

Closing:

Next year is Universal Hollywood's 10th Anniversary of doing Halloween Horror Nights so I want them to go ALL OUT and give us NEW mazes, scarezones, BRING BACK SHOWS *cough cough*, new Tram theme, possibly an Icon and some really cool 10th Anniversary merchandise..