HHN 24 Review

YouDontKnowJack

I attended the event last night, and I must say, my mind was blown. The sets, costumes, and scares were great, and, in my opinion, blew HHN 23 out of the water. There was nothing bad at this year's event. As a bonus, I saw Michael Aiello in line for AVP, and he went through behind me. Anyway, the rankings go as following, from worst to best:

Good-Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood:

This maze had amazing set dressing and costumes. There was only one problem; the maze just wasn't frightening. That's the problem with cashing in on the film. It's more of an action movie, so the maze feels more like an adventure than a haunted house. It is still fun, nonetheless.

Great-Roanoke: Cannibal Colony:

Of all the mazes, this one came second as far as the setting. It felt like you had traveled back in time to Roanoke, and the outdoor scenes make you feel like you're ACTUALLY outdoors. The one thing wrong with this maze was the makeup. The costumes were good, but the actors' faces were barely altered. The scares would have been excellent if it wasn't for this.

Awesome-Dollhouse of the Damned:

This one was just plain cool. Sadly, I think they focused a little more on the creep factor than the scare factor. A must-see, nonetheless.

Excellent-From Dusk Till Dawn:

I thought this one wouldn't scare me. Boy, was I wrong. Every single scare got me. I'm not joking. The setting could have been better, however.

Amazing-The Walking Dead: End of the Line:

Universal FINALLY got TWD right with this one. The façade was great and the maze was actually frightening. It did get old fast, however, with the maze being so large and zombies being the only scares.

Mind Blowing-AVP: Alien vs. Predator:

Though this one was not scary at all, it was still an amazing maze. The sets and costumes were excellent, not to mention the Xenomorph animatronics. It really transported you into the world of AVP.

Earth Shattering-Giggles and Gore Inc.:

Honestly, I thought this one was going to suck. It turned out to be one of the best haunted mazes I’ve ever walked through. Also, I’m pretty sure I soiled myself about ten times.

Perfection-Halloween:

You have to see this one to believe it. You are transported into the world of Halloween, and boy is it intense. This is my favorite HHN maze of all time now.

Scare Zones:

The Purge: Anarchy-9/10

Masquerade: Unstitched-7/10

Bayou of Blood-10/10

Face-Off: In the Flesh-8/10

Shows:

Bill and Ted: I was laughing the whole time, no joke.

Rocky Horror: Didn’t see it.

All in all, HHN 24 was great. IMO, better than HHN 23.