A Very Late HHN Hollywood Review - hhnfanforever

hhnfanforever

I went last Friday and ( I know very late) and I will review each maze and scarezone in the order I did them with a 1-10 rating and a short description in my opinion.

I entered the park later than 7 but had Front of the Line so I was guaranteed to do everything so that's fine.

THE PURGE: ANARCHY

I like it better this year except when we first came in they weren't really attacking us, they were just kinda staring at people and stuff but later in the night it livened up and was really fun. Everyone was aggressive, Barker was hilarious, and that guy with the half mask and neck painted was AMAZING. Thumbs up to him.

RATING: 8

TERROR TRAM

I know everyone hates it and while it is getting so very old, I think the actors were on point and really tried so props to them.

RATING: 6

DRACULA: UNTOLD

So the scareactors made this maze. Wow. The actors were simply amazing and aggressive and terrifying and even though the sets were not jaw-droppers, it was still an amazing maze that is a rush!

Next we went down the escalators to 90% of the event and rode the mummy...

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON

Wow. wow. wow. My expectations were huge. And they were met 100%. Top 5 HHN mazes ever. The wolves were very fluid and realistic, and the sounds were loud and scary and I didn't notice the long black hallways because this maze was fantastic to fans of the film and even others but just wow. I love it, no complaints really.

RATING: 10

After that we began the trek to the Backlot sets.

THE WALKING DEAD: TERMINUS

Pretty much same as last year with very few differences. Still very fun and scary and a great scarezone.

RATING: 9

AVP: ALIEN VS PREDATOR

This maze was borderline perfect with just two VERY minor flaws... the scares were on point, the sounds were enough to terrify, sets were fantastic, effects were great, and the queen. The flaws were (I know this is very stickler and annoying) it seemed really short, and the other one I will get to in the summary.

TWD: END OF THE LINE

Still an ok maze. Little difference. I mean the actors were good but I just hope this is the last Walking Dead maze. 3 years is the max. That's it, it was eh.

FROM DUSK TIL DAWN

The absolute highlight of this maze was talking to Seth and Richie Gecko before entering. Wow, those guys are amazing. Especially Richie. I gave him the twitter password and he showed us his notebook which was awesome and he said he liked my hair and said the line about dirt and oil giving it volume which was very funny. He also let the conga line get ahead so we were pretty much alone in here. One complaint is that no Chez pussy in the front when we went through but it was still great. Scares, sets, music, hot Santanico, the Culebras were both funny and scary and were great actors it was just amazing.

RATING: 9

We made the journey back to the park and finally there were actors in the next sz

SKULLZ

what?

RATING: 3 (only because costumes were cool)

CLOWNS 3D

The 3D was great, the actors were doing a great job, and while it all felt like Deja Vu from BS: 13 and AC:GTH it was still enjoyable and startling.

After Jurassic and Transformers we headed back up to the upper lot.

MASK-A-RAID

It was fun, fog was fun, music was fun, sets were ok, it just wasn't that scary. I like the bushman tho.

RATING: 7

after minion mayhem we went through the best scarezone ever.

DARK CHRISTMAS

One of the best things of the night. Everything was just fantastic. If there is no original maze for this next year I will be thoroughly pissed.

FACEOFF

UMR 3 but I like the subtle changes.

Overall it was my favorite year so far and my only complaint is conga lines. Clowns and Dusk til Dawn both had great crowd control. Also the more amount of gogo's is great, I love it. Going again this Friday...

Edited by hhnfanforever