Bloody Mary is Queen!

HHNFan1981

Ever since I was about 5 or so, the stories about the mirror witch named Bloody Mary who would come out of the mirror at midnight and scratch your eyes out has creeped me out. Even today, I'm still a bit sqeamish about entering a darkened room with a large mirror. So, when I heard that Bloody Mary was going to present this year, I knew it was going to be something special. And it was!!

One of the first things I noticed and applauded the team for was how well the scare zones were executed. From the moment you entered the park, you were in your first Zone. They definately made up for the sparse scarezone(s) of the Carnival.

From the Streets of Blood to the Skoolhouse, all the scarezones had their own unique atmosphere and "chill factor" to them. One thing that definately creeped me out was going into the small school house, and seeing the masked undead children in the middle of the session, even when they didn't stop to scare you, just that sort of imagery always creeped me out. And the projections of Bloody Mary throughout the park, gave you the impression that no matter where you were, Mary was watching you.

The houses this year were also amazingly well done, every house had it's own unique atmosphere, and the set design and attention to detail was basically "movie" quality. The houses I remember getting the best scares from where Body Collectors, Dead Exposure, and The Hallow.

One recurring easter egg I loved throughout the houses was the cameos by bloody mary, be it in the static of the TV in Creatures, to the Hologram in the Hallow that creepily stared and pointed right at you. I would love to find a clip of that one moment, as I would always wait for it whenever we went through that house so we could see it.

Definately one of my favorite years!