JG's HHN Review 2013

JGmoney1996

JG’s HHN Review:

Well, I’ll start off by saying HHN this year was actually pretty damn good. Based on some of the negative reviews, I wasn’t expecting much. But boy was I surprised. That being said, there were also parts that weren't up to par from what I'd expect from HHN, and all those will be mentioned below. I'll write these reviews in order from when I went to them. Also, I have some homework to do, so my reviews will each be shorter than they were last year.

My group of 5 started off the night at the front of Early Entrance, meaning, after sprinting faster than we ever have, we ended up on the first tram to the backlot. The tram gave us enough time to catch our breath before braving the incredible Dead on Arrival Scarezone. I honestly really enjoyed it, and having heard it was shorter than expected made me surprised when it was slightly longer than I had thought it would be. Everyone in the zone were on their game including some intimidating zombies seemingly doing gymnastics (Spiderwalking much like the Exorcist).

Walking Dead: No Safe Haven

Our group was one of the first in this maze and it was really good. Not my favorite of the night, but it was dark, scary, and really detailed. Cell Block C was awesome and a standout of the maze and of course the aquarium scene was well done too. I didn't notice Lori in the maze though, even though I know I should have. We must have gone through that scene too quickly for me to actually look around. All in all, it was a really solid maze with a great facade, a linear story, and some great scares, especially the sled one. However, I have to mention some of the scares didn't work for me. A lot of them were really obvious.

Facade: 3/3

Scares: 3.5/5

Makeup/Costumes: 5/5

Sets/Lighting: 4/5 - A little too dark at points.

Story: 5/5

Total: 20/23 89% B+

Black Sabbath 13 3D

Yes, the maze with too many numbers in it's title. This maze was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The facade was perfect, the lighting, costumes, sets (Which could have been taller), were all amazing. Without giving away spoilers for this maze, I'll leave it at the fact that it was incredibly trippy. I went in this maze twice as it was only at 35 minutes at around 12:15am. Both times were great and the cast was on. That being said, there wasn't a lot of room for scares. It was hard to be scared in a maze that colorful.

Facade: 3/3

Scares: 2.5/5

Makeup/Costumes: 5/5

Sets / Lighting: 5/5

Story: 3/5 - Barely a story that I could make out until the atomic bomb went off.

Total: 18.5/23 80% B-

So, I'm getting incredibly stressed out cause I have a lot of work to do and I'm wasting it on a review. lol. I'll be back later or tomorrow to finish it up.

• 2 weeks later...