The Dick's Review of the Houses

Dick

Went both nights... Had a lot of fun! Suffered from being thrown into walls, having my feet stepped on, getting the crap scared out of me, and the classic chafing!

Wolfman-

So far, after going through this house a few times, I think I like it the best. I went through during the day and could not see a thing, which I actually enjoy because it makes it more scare, and I also went through at night and thought the house looked incredible. Walking through the forest at the beginning really set the mood for me. With the sounds and the growls, I was afraid without even seeing anything. Everytime that I went through, the wolfman seemed to be everywhere! The final scene was also fantastic! Definitely a great house. 5 out of 5 stars!

Dracula-

Lots of scares in this one for me as well. So far, I believe this to be my second favorite house. Again, the set looked incredible and the vampires were creepy as hell! Can't wait to go through it again! 5 out of 5 stars!

Frankenstein-

Another outstanding set design and great scares! Easily one of the top 3 houses of the event so far! The Frankenstein monster looked outstanding, as did the Doctor and his many creations. 5 out of 5 stars!

Leave it to Cleaver-

One of the most creative houses that Universal has ever created. The que video was great, the set was great, and the overall idea was great. However, I just didn't get scared in it. I had a lot of fun and can see the potential for more scares, but it didn't really get me at all. Reminded me a lot of Home for the Holidays. 4 out of 5 stars!

Saw-

Definitely much better than I anticipated! I didn't really have high expectations for this house being that I'm not a huge fan of Saw and it was in the Jaws que. However, I really enjoyed this house. Again, I did not find it to be scary. The pig people are kind of creepy and the last room was AWESOME... But, I didn't get scared. I had a lot of fun though. The set was great, the video stuff was great, and the cast was superb! The longest line of both nights SUCKS though. Definitely the perfect spot for a Saw house though. 4 out of 5 stars!

The Spawning-

Only went through this house once. I thought the set was pretty good but the costuming was awful! The creatures defnitely reminded me of the Creature from the Black Lagoon though. I think this house has a lot of potential but, to me, it wasn't scary at all. I think this is the only house I didn't jump in at all. The problem for me was I could see the flaws in their costumes and I'm wondering if the house was darker, if it would be better? No idea... The group I was with enjoyed it, and I overheard a lot of others in the park saying it was the scariest. I really wanted to like it, and will go through it again, but I just could not get into it. I will give it another shot though... So, untill then, I will hold off on giving it stars.

Chucky-

GREAT HOUSE!!! I loved it. Thought the set was fantastic, the scares were there, and it was also a lot of fun! 4 out of 5 stars!

Silver Screams-

Kind of let down by this one... Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the house. Thought the set was great, some of the scares were great, and the characters shined. However, I thought the rooms for the movies were too small. And, I don't find the Usher to be scary. So the end scene was not that scary for me. The transistions were extremely cool though. Still enjoyed the house but thought it was going to be my favorite. 4 out of 5 stars!

The scarezones were okay this year. I liked the War of the Living Dead, Horrorwood Die In, Lights Camara Hacktion, and Cirque Du Freak. The other two, however, are lame!!!

Bill and Ted I thought was a lot better than last year! Very hit or miss for me, however... Though, I thought it had one of the best openings I've seen in years.

Didn't see Rocky yet. Probably will later on in the month.

Overall- Great year! I don't remember liking as many houses as I did this year in any other year. The scarezones could be better and I miss the old style of the Bill and Ted show... I'm kinda tired of seeing the dancing. I had a lot of fun though and I cannot wait to go again! To all of the scaractors... THANK YOU FOR PUTTING ON ONE HELL OF A SHOW!!!!