Quiksilver's Trip Report

Dreamstalker

I started my day participating in the Unmasking the Horror Tour at 1:30pm. As i walked in i was warmly greeted by the staff and made small talk while waiting. Much to my surprise, someone came up to me and asked about HNN. It was non other then B33. This made the tour more enjoyable as i had someone i knew to talk too. Thanks by the way :) The tour started and we were walked upstairs to the actual model of the Universal Palace Theater, that was used for the website, as well as the concept art and blueprints. Out of no-where TJ Greeted us and talked to us for a bit with any questions that they had. I asked about Legendary Truth. Yes, i know that questioned has been asked over and over again, but this time i got a different response :P Anyway after all that we proceeded to tour the scarezones and made a stop over by the Horror Makeup show, and was given a bit of history of the movies that were displayed in there. After touring the scarezones in the heat is was finally time to cool off in the SoundStages. Supposedly due to copyright we could not take photos/Video in Wolfman. After that we went to FRankenstein and Dracula. The Soundstages took about 20 min each as we stopped in each scene so the tour guide could give us a bit of History of what was going on in each scene. After touring the houses, we were asked if we had any other questions. Tour ended. This was my first year in participating in this years event and was pleased with how it went. All in all definitely worth checking out!

REVIEW OF HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 19 Sept.25th 2009

Rating of Houses (Best to Worst)

1. Silver Screams

2. Chucky

3. Saw

4. Wolfman

5. Leave it to cleaver

6. Frankenstein

7. Dracula

8. The Spawning

Rating of Scarezones (From Best to Worst)

1. Lights Camera Hacton

2. War of the living Dead

3. Cirque du Freak

4. Horrorwood Die-in

5. Apocalypse

6. Containment

Detailed Review of Houses (starting from best rating above rating Above)

Score will be rating on a scale from 1-5 (1/lowest, 5/highest)

Silver Screams- This was House of the night! Every scene had good scares, an all the scareactors were at the top of there game and really enjoyed this house as a whole. The timing on the My Bloody Valentine scene was synced perfectly and everything was very well detailed. I honestly felt like i was there walking through the theater. The extra wide walls took away from being a small cramped haunted house.

Score

House Detail - 5

Scareactors - 5

Enjoyment - 4

Overall - 5

Chucky- This was the first house i went in, as i was part of the AP "Party". I enjoyed this house alot event though i went through during the day. The house was very well done fro being in a Tent. The chucky masks were really good as i had a few jumps walking through. I'll admit it i did get the shit scared out of me from the

Stuffed animal scareactor

, and almost shit myself. Overall the house was really done well, and can only imagine how much better it's going to get as the event goes on

Score

House Detail - 4

Scareactors - 5

Enjoyment - 5

Overall - 5

Saw - This was the third house i went in, and was very impressed in the detail of the house. The scareactors were into it and played there roles well. I really was expecting that this house bombed but it looks as if the curse of the Jaws Queue, may have been lifted as i enjoyed this house very much. The detail for what they had to deal with was really cool especially with the TV's and random cameras showing you on them. The reverse bear trap was awesome and looked realistic. All in all a great job on the house and right pick for the scareactors.

Score

House Detail - 5

Scareactors - 5

Enjoyment - 4

Overall - 4

Wolfman - First of this was one fo the houses that i tours for UTH. I loved seeing the wolfman suspended in the air like it was and the hunter shooting, it was probaly the best scene in the house. I was really looking forward to this house, but unfortunately there was too much damn Fog. I will Review at a later date.

Score

House Detail - 5

Scareactors - 5

Enjoyment - 2

Overall - 3

Leave it to cleaver - I really enjoyed this house, due to the originality of it. It was something I have never experienced before and felt fresh. Mike Aiello was at the end in the same role as he was as in the commercial and Queue Video which i thought was awesome.

Score

House Detail - 3

Scareactors - 5

Enjoyment - 4

Overall - 4

Frankenstein - Went during Cast B, not impressed with it at all as again, too much fog, could not see anything. Will review at a later date

Score

House Detail - 3

Scareactors - 1

Enjoyment - 0

Overall - 1

Dracula - I didnt enjoy this house at all due to there being too much fog. I couldnt see and kept running into things, so not much i can review except the fog itself. Note. Will Review at a later Date

Score

House Detail - 5

Scareactors - 2

Enjoyment - 0

Overall - 2

The Spawning - I was very disappointed with this house. Not sure if i was going through a cast change, but there weren't too many people in the house. Before i event get to the house, let me warn you about the Que. When you are approaching the house a huge geyser of water shoots up with no warning and covers the Que line in a certain area. No warning whatsoever. Can you guys guess what i had in my hand........my Camera. I was sorta pissed there was no warning. Anyway, I just didn't get the whole purpose and background of the house and felt the costumes were cheezy done. lets hope this was a bad time to go through and this house inproves on my next visit.

Score

House Detail - 2

Scareactors - 0

Enjoyment - 0

Overall - 1

Overall, I think this year is pretty good, but doesn't compare to Bloody Mary last year. Being is was opening night, im sure there are a number of kinks to work out including the ones i mentioned above. I look forward to coming back once i move up there in the next week or two to see how much better it got.

PS I'll edit this if and when my experience for each area changes.

Edited by Quiksilver