The 1st Annual HNN HHNH Awards! (Part 1)

DTH316

Categories  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Best Facade

• The Walking Dead: Dead Inside
    • La Llorona: The Child Hunter
    • Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D
    • Welcome to Silent Hill
    • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law
  2. 2. Best Sound Design

• Universal Monster Remix
    • Alice Cooper Goes To Hell 3D
    • Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead
    • Welcome to Silent Hill
  3. 3. Best Characters & Performances in a Maze (Original)

4. 4. Best Characters & Performances in a Maze (Adapted)

• Welcome to Silent Hill
  5. 5. Best Scent Usage

• Welcome to Silent Hill

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first annual Horror Night Nightmares Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood Awards!

This thread is part 1 of 5 where many categories will be decided.

Please vote in the polls and feel free to debate your choices. The threads and when voting will close is to be determined on the popularity and income of the votes.

Now, let's take a look at the excellence *air guitar* that we'll be honoring in this specific thread.

- Best Facade

- Best Sound Design

- Best Characters & Performances in a Maze (Original)

- Best Characters & Performances in a Maze (Adapted)

- Best Scent Usage

In my opinion, this year, we've seen one of, if not THE, best facade and hands down, the worst facade.

Sound design was top notch as always, so choosing for that will be a bit hard.

Characters and performances, well, that all depends on your specific run through of going into the mazes. There will be a category of the same name for scarezones/Terror Tram in the next thread.

Scent usage, wow, what a smelly year. Every maze had some distinctive smells.

And for the sake of equaling things out, Universal Monster Remix is listed as an original maze.

Now MAKE YOUR CHOICES! A new thread will be up every other day.

Edited by DTH316

Wow, you sure made the Best Characters and Performance adapted a hard one for me! It was a tight one between The Walking Dead and Silent Hill... But I had to give it to Silent Hill. The night I went, the scareactors in Silent Hill were on fire! Provide some of the best scares of the night for me...

One thing I liked about Alice Cooper was how the facade looked amazing with the 3D :)

And the scareactor performances I gave to TCM because they were on fire when I went opening weekend(it was extreamely hot too!!) and late in the run.

Gonna explain some of my choices!

For facade, I think it's a big no brainer that Walking Dead STEALS the cake with this one. Even without mentioning the massive hospital in itself, there's the bodies on the floor and the van out front which features a scare!

Sound design was a toughy. I REALLY loved the sound design in TCM which actually boosted up the soundtrack from the movie to be more scary and add in the quotes such as the Franklin room, and the facade ofcourse. Also, the chainsaws were at a perfect level. However, TWD won me over with that hospital hallway, and it sounded like those wires hanging down were really zapping.

As for performances, La Llorona's cast did a great job this year but it really doesn't have much competition. I was let down by the cast of ACGTH on my first run through and even more so on my second run through. And for UMR, nobody other than the Wolfmen successfully scared me. The adapted characters was a harder group to judge. Silent Hill dropped the ball on opening night while TCM did have a few inconsistencies with casting Leatherfaces with similar body type. It was TWD's cast that made that maze so amazing both times I went through, and I'd say they were damn near flawless in their scares and timing, which gives them the win.

Scent usage, I give it to TCM for the BBQ scene and the other odors throughout. TWD seemed to have one smell throughout, so that kinda bugged. I suppose it's worth noting that I never smelled the cotton candy scent that was being talked up by Murdy.

Edited by DTH316

I smelled the cotton candy on my second visit on Sunday the 21st, it was at the end of silent hill in the Robbie the Rabit scene, my girlfriend even pointed it out :P

But I never smelled it in Alice Cooper so not sure what went on there :o

^ yeah, I did smell the cotton candy in the final Silent Hill room... Sadly that, and a poster hung on the all black walls, where the only indication that we were suppose to be in an "amusement park." They really dropped the ball in that room in terms of design. As far as the smells in TCM, the BBQ is the only one I remember smelling... Then again my memory is already slipping when it comes to the smells... Only real standout smells are coming back to me, like the BBQ scene, the barn in TWD and Robbie's room in Silent Hill (and only because there wasn't really anything else going on in there lol)

Edited by Stitch_101

• 2 weeks later...