Mr.HHN Goes to HHN 2012 2D

Mr.HHN

Step right up! Come and Read, Mr.HHN's Terrifying Trip report in Fantastic 2D!!

(Sorry I am very late but I wanted to do this after my final visit!)

October 28, 2012

Halloween Horror Nights 2012

Universal City, California

OK so around 5:30 my friends mom came and picked me up and left to Universal Studios Hollywood. At around 6:00pm we arrived. They let us in at around 6:40. We were in the front to see the opening scaremony which was the best EVER!!!

As soon as the park opened we made way to Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D. When going we walked trough Toyz.

Toyz

​This was one of the best Scare zones HHN has ever had. The Toy-maker was amazing really into his role. I remember Ballerina Screamer shook the trash can and scared the crap out of my friend. Also Bad Bunny chased my friends mom all the way to the T-2 Building!

Scares: 9.5/10

Sets & Props: 8/10

Scare actor Design: 10/10

Total Grade: A

Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D

This was the first maze of the night and my most anticipated. We walked in with no wait and nobody in front of me. I got a scare on almost every room. The 3D was amazing. This 3D blew away house of 1,000 Corpses 3D! The guy in the Hording room got me good because I was staring at the guy that popped out first so he came from behind! HaHaHaHa the GoGo's even winked at me and since my friend accidentally got his eyebrows shaved off they told him "What You looking at E.T." This was one of my favorite mazes!

Scares: 7.5/10

Sets&Props: 9.5/10

Scare Actor Design: 8.5/10

Total Grade: A-

Part 2 will be up tommorow im sorry I wanted to do this all in once but have to go late Halloween Shopping. OH GUYS GUESS WHAT I GOT CHOSEN TO DESIGN OUR SCHOOL HAUNTED HOUSE AND I WILL GO IN IT TOMMOROW AND I WILL POST A VIDEO ABOUT IT ON YOU TUBE AT YouTube.com/ThrillSeekerNetwork

OK so now im Back in Business!

PART 2

After Alice Cooper we went down to the Lower Lot. As soon as we got down there I noticed there were no scare actors in this area and the Silent Hill maze was closed. So we decided to ask an employee and she said that the characters wearing stilts had some technical difficulties. So we just went to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law

This maze was the 2nd scariest of the night. My friend was always terrified of this movie and was scared shit less from the clowns in the begging so he was looking scared so we all got the scares thanks to him so I din't waste energy pretending I was scared. We went in with no wait and I liked the recordings of the grave robbing and stuff but not the facade. It felt very similar to the Firefly residence facade from House of 1,000 Corpses 3D. As soon as we enter the maze i felt very intimidated. Leatherface got me on every corner and best of all that old man dude made me scream for the first time ever in a haunted attraction. Since i din't get to experience Back in Business This maze felt nothing like any other maze (Except for the facade). The graveyard scene was amazing but it had too much bare walls. My favorite scene has to be the Gas Station when the Hitchhiker scared the living crap out of me.

Sets and Props: 7.5/10

Scare actor design: 8.5/10

Total Grade: A-

After this Silent Hill was still close and since my friend had never been to Universal we did the Lower Lot rides starting with a walk-in on Transformers, Then a 5 minute wait on the Mummy and for the first time at HHN Jurassic Park In the Dark which was pretty cool better than the day version. I liked the light flash and Welcome to the jungle.

Once we excited Jurassic Park there were still no scare actors at the Silent Hill Scare zone but the maze was now up and running with a 15 minute wait.

Welcome to Silent Hill

OK so this maze had a 15 minute wait and the password for that night was "Brandon", the mailman was just standing there staring at people and when we saw him we started yelling "Brandon! Brandon!" but he din't give us anything he was just staring at us until my friend stares at his bag and says "Brandon" he gave all three of us a poster. Once we approached the facade it was very disappointing, it was the worst facade ever! They could of at least put more trees to cover up the back. When inside the flashlight effect was pretty awesome but we already had the tail end of the scare. I remember that creature thing behind the fence made a weird noise that gave me goosebumps. I got the tail end of the scare in everything right here! Funny Story here was that in the 2nd room my friends mom got confused on where to go so she is going in where one of the scare actors pops out and he pops out and he accidentally scratches him on the stomach and he yells at her "KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF MA'M!" The only scare I got here was from Dark Allessa almost at the end when I was staring on the board and she got me from behind.

Scares: 4.5/10

Sets and Props: 5/10

Scare Actor Design: 7.5/10

Total Grade: D+

Part 3 COMING SOON!!!! :D

Part 3!!!!

So after that charming experience in Silent Hill we decided to stop for some chow at the Jurassic Cafe. I bought a burger with the Chili Cheese Fries and the Souvenir Cup. After our nice and calm meal we went to the gift shop in front of the mummy and i bought my HHN T-Shirt on sale at $14.95. So we went up to the upper lot and decide to hit La Llorona since it was a 40 minute wait.

La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos

For me I loved the concept for this maze last year being Latino. But last year I really din't get scared or enjoyed it too much. When going in the queue for this it felt endless which I hated. But as we approached the faced my excitement grew. I liked the facade last year so I really din't mind having it back. The church scene was one of my favorites so I enjoyed it this year too. But this year in this maze I got scared A LOT. I was glad the bridge scene was back being my 2nd favorite scene in a maze. OMG this was the best maze repeat in the history of HHN, I mean like they changed it entirely. Oh and OMG that thing at the end was not human my instant reaction "WTF!!! OMG THAT IS NOT HUMAN!".

Set Design and Props: 9/10

Total Grade: A

After La Llorona it was 9:25 and my friends mom had to use the bathroom and I wanted to go on the Terror tram since it closed at 9:30 so we ran to the bathroom and to the Tram and made it just on time for the last Tram!

Terror Tram: Invaded By Amc's The Walking Dead

When about to board this I remembered passed years Tram's and I really hoped for a damn well Terror Tram. Well we kinda got it. I really disliked the video in the beginning of the Tram. It din't make me feel like I was on the Terror Tram it made me feel like at home watching a Walking Dead Commercial. The other thing I disliked was that every year when we go to the universal Backlot During our beloved event we have a reason for going down there (2010 Psycho Anniversary Party) (2011 Stab-a-Thon (I Guess)) But this year were we just going down there to get killed by walkers and survivors or what. Anyway once of the Tram I liked the survivors with the chainsaws they really got my friend. Going around the bates motel was awesome this year. So was the hill area with the R.V and stuff. Oh yea almost forget I din't know were Trev was but I thought one time he said being a survivor when the tram closes early so I screamed Trevler Idk if it was him or not but somebody heard it and came up to my friend yelled in his ear and almost made him cry with the chainsaw Hahaha I was LMAO. (OK funny Tram story 1: When going up the hill this walker that was a bit perverted because he come up to me and is like stalking me around so I stick my hand out and say "What you want some Meat?" so he points at his part *Trying to keep it as clean as possible* and says "You want some Meat?") On the way to the Psycho house this walker laying on the floor scared the crap out of me and I loved it. We ended up taking a picture in front of the psycho house which was a good decision because after this we were alone and one thing I like to do during HHN is be Mr. Brave Guy. So when walking through there this walker comes up to me and says "Hola my amigo" and I say "Hola my nombre es Jose" and he says "My nombre es Ricardo" So i say" OK bye Ricardo" and he says "Bye nice to meet you my cuate" so after this there was like about 10 to 15 walkers surrounding me for being Mr. Brave Guy which I loved. I also like that we went in through one of the houses. After this almost at the Tram pick-up the survivors with the chainsaws come up to us and tell my friend "Put your hands up kid I wanna see your not infected. Your gonna die Walker" My friend is freaking out and hugging his mom so the guy tells him "You got Heart problems kid?" and he replies "NO!!" so the other chainsaw dude comes and tells him "you got a medical condition kid? well lets fix it" So he turns on the chainsaw and my friend is like freaking out. So the guy tell him "Your the weakest of the weak kid, your a week link." At this point im walking away and I begin to run and one of the chainsaw dudes begins to chase me! Back on the tram I liked that we din't go in the mummy tunnel but not the video I mean another walking dead commercial its all over HHN!

Scares: 8.5/10

Story: 5.5/10

Total grade: C

So we went pack up the long trip from the tram pick up and bought a Duff at the Simpson's queue. So we made way towards the Walking Dead maze which had a 75 minute wait.

The Walking Dead: Dead Inside

The wait time said 75 minutes but it din't seem to long watching the Walking Dead clips being projected. The facade of this maze was huge in my eyes the best one ever at HHN. Once inside the maze this was the most intense of the night. Being again in the front with nobody in front the Walkers got me on every single corner. this was one of the best mazes ever at HHN. Oh and I yelled im gonna steal your bike to bicycle girl and this walker got me from behind. I was very scared during this maze. I could do this one again it is the best maze I've been through. The tank scene was very amazing by the way. I could tell John and his creative team worked this one.

Scares: 10/10

Sets and Props: 9.5/10

Scare Actor Design: 9/10

Total Grade: A+

After this we had 30 minutes to make it to the final Bill and Ted show so we went to Universal Monster Remix that had no wait.

Universal Monster Remix

I did not like the idea of this maze when first announced but I said to my self what the Hell its a new House of Horrors overlay and it is something that can fit in. The music din't really bother me but I went in with a fun mood. This maze was very fun and entertaining. I liked that some rooms were glitched and that dude from the strangers got me good. I also enjoyed that Tiffany into the Chucky room.

Sets and Props: 6.5/10

Scares: 2/10

Scare Actor Design: 8/10

Total Grade: B- (Giving it the benefit of the thought)

That is it I will review Bill and Ted later on the Bill and Ted Review Thread