Grind Goes To (Queue) Hell 3D

Grindhousehero13

First off let me say first time going on a saturday....not bad but DAMN!!!!

first the is the first time I went with a group over 5.....13 peeps and let me tell you hard as hell to keep everyone togather and stressfull now I know how Rick from the walking dead feels blah! haha but also Is it just me or was it the most packed it ever been? tickets sold out at 4:30 -5:00 crazy night.

Ok first thing first we got to citywalk at 2:30 because 2 of us try to buy their tickets nad we had to buy one for a friend who would be showing up late and we bought his ticket and tried to leave it at will call but one thing gotta complain about that subject, theres no will call for HHN, and to me for a event that does not allow re-entry thats a bit stupid to be honest so we had to hold onto to his ticket and go to the gates when he showed up lame thats all I have to say. so we ate at the citywalk food court and entered the park at 6:30 and lost about half our group who decided to run when the opening scaramony hit its climax just pure anarchy with the huge ass crowd.

Welcome to Silent Hill- we headed down to silent hill after we found everyone, and we headed into silent hill with no wait saw the mailman and and said witch to get our posters well the first four of us since I told my friend the passwords cuz he forgot it and he told us it didnt count so me and 3 other got the posters but I wanted to ask you guys, he asked me where I got the password from I said john Murdy and he gave it to me just wanted to know if he asked them the same question so onto the maze the facade was non existant just walked into a bush basicly but I gotta say this was my second favorite maze and was surpised based on all the negative reviews its been getting to be honest I didnt even notice the blank walls till the last room with robbie the nurses were FREAKY I never get realy scared now that Im kinda used to the whole distraction scare but the nurses got me good espeacialy the ones outside the maze one poped out from the side fence and litteraly scared the sh*t out of me and other then that the dolls got me good, loved the flashlight effect realy did add onto the experience, now I gotta say although it was a realy awsom maze it had alot going aginst it, in a franchise that is rich in creatures they only had 5 although the Boogieman, pyramid head were badass.Another thing is the fog and ash effect they should of done something with it there was no represntation for a maze that promised fog world. the last problem being that the facade and the last room (robbie the rabbit room) seemed like they were unfinished and im pretty sure it wasnt and they decided to go with what they had

Ill grade silent hill and finish the report later for I am tired but should be done tonight

I love and hate big groups. Love it because in the queues, you never get bored and its fun to watch your friends get scared. Hate it, because it's hard to get people together and you sometimes get slowed down. I think that's why from now on, I'll do one small group trip and one big group trip.

ok so before I go further here the rateing for Welcome To Silent Hill

Facade-not realy a facade as much as a bunch of bushes and a volkswagon and sign but it would be a lie to say it wasnt cool. 5/10

Atmosphere-just FYI im not counting the SZ as a SZ but an extension of the maze so it was great like I said I didnt notice the blank walls till the Robbie room but the music the projection on the JP and even just the mailman walking around made the atmosphere and the soundtrack just made everything feelso epic! loved the flashlight effect loved the sirens, loved the effect of turning into other world...Hated that there was no ash effect like orlando not too much to pick on but still somthing 8/10

Scares-Realy great in here this is the only maze I got scared in. 10/10

Talent-they realy put effort into it and did their jobs well, one of the nurses by Transformers got me so good I litteraly jumped like 3 feet very well done Nurses. 10/10

Overall: B+

After no wait ride for transformers we headed across to TCM

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Saw Is The Law- All I gotta say is I seen no point in this I know alot of you liked it but it just seemed like a waste of a maze venue to me, it didnt even come close to BIB, it seemed extreamly last minute and just was very forgetable to our group we couldnt even recall what maze we went rhought after SH. Dont get me wrong the talent was great they did great but the maze just sucked in my opion, I noticed ALOT of blank walls here espeacialy tword the grave yard scene nothing was realy remeberable about any of the scenes, it just fell flat and was pnly redemable as fun by the Talent. one of the old lady mask Leatherface noticed that we went in a snake (holding on to each other's back) and he cut in behind me till the next room that was classic!

Facade-not impressive at all, 3/10

Atmosphere-Black walls all I gotta say 3/10

Scares-they were way too obviouse in this maze but they did get the job done 6/10

Talent-they realy made up for alot of the wrong in this maze 10/10

Overall: D+

After that we hit jurassic park, then Mummy and litteraly finished everything in the lower lot by 8:15 then we went into Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper Goes To Hell 3D

First off one of th best facade I ever seen at HHNH everything from the snak's mouth to the animatronic Skeleton selling tickets was a very nice touch, and I should now go into how I was'nt too much of a fan of WTMN but I loved this maze, not too much on the scary factor but realy bad ass, and by far best 3D haunt I have ever experienced a paticuler part was the gates of hell all the fog and hands coming out of the river looked so cool and the baby hanging from the thing looked trippy as hell even the scareactors looked different with the glasses on it was amazing and once again I gotta give it to the talent in this maze cuz one of our "Friend" (complete doosh bag btw) told the Alice in Pride that he shouldnt be wetting people with the flesh and that Alice continued to wet with it, then at the end of the room he thought he noticed the boo hole and went on to yell "It's not scary I seen the door" a hand came out of the actual boo hole that was right behind him and he just stuck out his hand and gave him the bird behind his back, this made the rest of laugh so hard. so besides the WTF random tree room right after the gates it was a pretty awsome maze.

Facade: 10/10

Atmosphere: realy cool good use of 3D loved the voice over and music in line all I can say is "Here Piggy Piggy" lol but again whats with the random tree room and was something supposed to go there? 8/10

Scares-had a decent amount but not too scary as other mazes 7/10

Talent-10/10

Overall- A-

I will post Part 3 in a bit

Aw, too bad you didn't dig TCM. True, it has nothing on BIB but I still had fun with it. As for ACGTH, I'm surprised at that high score. I went the night before and the talent was so dead, it was pathetic. Glad you got to enjoy it though. I still can't wait to hear your thoughts on UMR since you were one of the few looking forward to it!

Aw, too bad you didn't dig TCM. True, it has nothing on BIB but I still had fun with it. As for ACGTH, I'm surprised at that high score. I went the night before and the talent was so dead, it was pathetic. Glad you got to enjoy it though. I still can't wait to hear your thoughts on UMR since you were one of the few looking forward to it!

I didnt think I was gonna enjoy ACGTH much either but we went throught and the talent was realy into it and lots of energy and our friend getting fliped the bird pretty much was the high life of our night so maybe that conrtribute to it, and to be honest TCm wasnt a bad maze and just seemed realy rushed and unnecassary.

Part 3

after ACGTH our friend who was running late arrived at the gate so we breaked in klownz some of us went buy some merch at the studio store (which alot of was sold out already) and other had had an interesting convo with the convo with the Ringmaster which ended in an awkward hug between my friend (a guy btw) and the ringmaster lets just say things got realy R rated fast good time though then it was time for the Walking dead TT.

Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead

Holy F**K balls I have never seen a line for Terror Tram let alone this huge of a line. it was a realy nice touch to see Survivors and Walkers in the queue and speaking of survivors I didnt realize till later we saw Trev in fact he showed my friend a magic trick lol good one Trev had us laughing, and Pajama girl chased this girl half way up the stairs until the girl made it the top stair and fell flat on her face comedy gold well done Pajama Walker. on to the Tram itself the story and tieing into the story was great IMO could of done without the pre-mature season 3 promo but no biggie. the Chainsaw brigade this year "Universal Security" was an awsom idea and they were pretty badass when we steped off they were pushing a few walkers around until they unleashed the chainsaw assualt but after that I think there was a shift change because we saw alot of Walker coming in from off stage and we saw No other survivors but the chainsaw brigade and the guy cutting the walker in half, dont know why but we went around the bates motel instead of threw it. another classic moment was my little sister went for the first time since she just turned 13 and decided to pretend shoot the walkers "like Rick" whic resulted in a walker following her around for all the forest path. the barn was cool and it felt refeshing to see the burnt cabin moved to the end. Over all still not the best TT we ever had (Still goes to 08 and 09) but it was way better than the god awfull Chucky tram and better than scream 4. I know alot of you guys bitch and moan about the Mummy tunnle but to be honest I miss it without it the Tram's ending feels way too anti-climatic and kinda boring. also I know this was a complete accident but ended up badass when they showed the season 3 trailer while dropping us off back at the park the tram door opened up exactly when the govner said "Welcom to woodsburry" so awsom.

Story: 8/10

Atmosphere: they did a good job of hiding whoville, and will it was just the backlot even for story purpose but did give the vibe that Universal was invaded by walkers bujt yet again same sets as always 7/10

Scares: all the girls in the group got scared but personaly I didnt mostly because I nerd boyed out with everything espeacialy Dale's RV so from what I saw Id give it a fare 7/10

Talent: I know Zombieman has been all engative about Universal portayle of walkers but to be honest they acted like walkers in book despite going threw a shift change they acted like walkers the whole time I only saw one break character who gangan style someone who gangan styled him so 8/10

A

The Walking Dead: Dead Inside

After what seemed like the longest line in exsitance we got to go into The Walking Dead all I can say is FAN BOY OVERLOAD everything about this maze was amazing can realy go into details too much but it was a blast! loved the Rick refrence and I almost forgot to yell "Im gonna steal your bike" so yelled it as we exited the room so dont know if bike girl heard me or not. loved the facade so much THE Best I seen at HHNH right above ACGTH, the only drawback was it was conga lined up the butt and we saw mostly resets so didnt catch too much scares but overall Im gonna be bias here favorite maze and I realy dope hope we get a sequal maze next year

Facade: 10/10

Atmosphere: Awsome set recreation, realy creepy vibe the zombie manicans were kinda wierd but not too much of a draw back 9/10

scares: this was the only bad thing If we would of did this first Im sure the scares would of been better but it was all resets so 4/10

Talent: Realy great work in hear again besides the resets they were all walker like grabing and reaching realy great 10/10

Overall: A+

amazingly after we managed to score front row for Bill & Ted I'll get more into it in the B&T review thread but Best B&T ever!!!!

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

A+

it was now around 1 o' clock we and litteraly all the girls wanted to do the simpsons ride so guess what the rest of us gentlmen end up doing -__- 35 minutes we never got back so when that ended the only maze open was UMR so unfortunaly the only maze missed was La Llorona so on to UMR.

Universal Monster Remix

I still stand by my opion loved this maze not scary but alot of fun some of the girls jumped a few time nut not too much scary going we were realy tired by the end so we enjoyed as much as we could but to be honest we just wanted to finish the maze and leave but never the less best HOH overlay ever

B wont grade it like the others since it just an overlay but it desserves a solid B.

so afterwords we exited they closed up UMR and the chainsaw chase was going on so we headed out over all great night but it didnt out do last year too much but was one of the best HHN in my career maybe it would been better if I wasnt the defacto leader of our large group but everyone had fun we only missed one attraction so HHNH 2012 was an another amazing go got me my silent hill poster event sipper cup alot of extra 3D glasses and maps my merch and ended home with a big grin on my face now I nevert want to wait in line for anything for the next year -____-

ok kiddies time for final thoughts

this year seemed to have proven that HHNH creative look at our complaints and ideas and take it serousily from adding Queue entertainment such as the line video for bill and ted, Walking dead clips being projected, voice over and even story telling in the maze lines. that being said alot of improvment were needed my major complaints being that almost all the streets were dead the only exception being Klownz, Toyz and witches seem to be missing a handfull of characters and with the Silent Hill SZ being moved to the exit of Silent Hill it felt like there were no scarezones everything felt empty but the actors that were out made up for alot though. On the subject of repeats let me say can we all agree that The Walking Dead: Fear The Living will be coming next year its the top maze (as it should be) and is the only time I think a property should be repeated. I know there might be an Alice Cooper trilogy in Murdys head but with ACGTH I think is the swan song, lets hope the Walking Dead is the only thing being repeated, Scarezones were not impressive enough to warrant another year but Klownz is such an awsome SZ but Im torn between not wanting it back a 4th year but I cant imagine anything living up to the Ringmaster and his gang. other than that it was a solid year.

I can make my shaker can sound like I'm racking a shotgun load. If I pantomime holding a gun and make the sound, then quickly bring my hands up, people think Im about to head shot them. Its pretty funny.

Edited by Trevler