HHN Review

Doctor Jeffula

My GF and I attended our 4th HHN on opening night of this year and we had been anticipating this years event due to the Walking Dead and Texas Chainsaw Massacre Mazes. I will go review each maze/ride in the order we went, Bill and Ted, a scarezone review (more of a rant) and an overall opinion of the event.

MAZES

Universal Monsters Remix:

I know it may come to everyone reading this as a shocker but i was actually excited for this maze. Since 2009, The House of Horrors overlay has become victim of abuse. Terrible attempts of making something out of a maze that is actually good throughout the year. Chucky sucked, Vampyre sucked, Wolfman also sucked but wasnt as bad as the first two.

Then Universal Monsters Remix was announce and it was a relief. They are finally gonna do something that will make sense!!!!!!! BBBUUUUUTTTTT for the most part if you been on House of Horrors you can expect the same thing, except this time some of the monsters have a new look to them, crazy party music, and party scene at frankenstein lab. We were having fun however, dancing along to the bad music. The scares were affective because we were the only people on this maze at the time. It was fun but nothing amazing.

Grade: C (best maze in this overlay)

The Walking Dead

We were looking forward to this maze because we are fans of the television show. The entrance was amazing! A scareactor eating off a human in a van and bodies piled up by the entrance. Great scares as you walk through a hospital, woods, house, and atlanta. There are many scenes in the maze that are from the show which will please the fans. It is obvious that Universal has put alot of effort into this maze and it was an amazing time. Alot of scaractors in this maze!!!

Grade: A (one of the best)

Bill and Ted Show

To be honest.......i wish this show will go away. Sure its funny but it fits in how? It would be good during regular park hours. However i did like the show.....it was way better than the atrocity that was last years show. Obviously they were gonna do a Hungar Games spoof that went along through out the show and it worked well for them. I hate all the dance numbers they do but it was good........i still hope it goes away next year

Grade: B (go away)

Terror Tram

Little zombie girl at the entrance was aweomse............Hey its the terror tram, its the same every year. The main differences was that it was walking dead themed which was cool, you didnt have to go through grinchville, which was cool, and a photo op at the bates house which was whatever. Im glad they stuck with a theme and im glad i didnt have to go through that god awful chainlink maze in front of bates motel from last year.

Grade: D: Slightly improved from last year but its still the same ol terror tram, you will like it if its your first time.

La Llarona

This was my favorite maze of last year and i didnt mind it making a comeback. This would be the third year in a row that La Llarona icon has been at HHN and hopefully it will be the final appearence for a while anyway. I believe the main difference from last year was the animatronic La Llarona at the end of the maze which was cool but for the most part it was the same as last year which is enjoyable. One technical error i encountered was the bridge scene where there are drowned kids in the water, yeah no light in the water like last year.

Grade: B (not as effective as it was to me last year but still good)

Alice Cooper Goes To Hell

Well..........i dont know how to start this but here we go. I liked Alice Coopers Welcome to My Nightmare last year but i was sick of the whole Zombievision/3D that was obviously being passed down from House of 1000 corpses of the prior 2 years. I knew i wasnt going to be scared because 1000 Corpses did not have a scare factor but i thought the seven deadly sins/dantes inferno concept to be intriguing. You go room to room and each room is themed after a sin and you go to hell. Another technical error.....GIANT SNAKE HEAD WAS NOT WORKING AND I SAW CREWMEMBERS WORKING ON IT. Oh well.....bottom line, Its nice to look at but dont expect to be scared. Entrance looked very awesome though!

Grade: C (Is Marilyn Manson next to do a maze???? Or Ozzy???? I secretely hope for Manson)

Transformers The Ride 3D

OMG WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A 2 hour wait for this ride ?!?!?!?!? Thank god for front of line pass! When it comes to rides im not a big fan of them but it is new so why not check it out. Its a ride like Star Tours or Simpsons except its 3D and your cart goes on a track that travels screen to screen to watch transformers fight each other. Big woop, alot of people like this ride however.

Grade: MEH!!!!!!!!!!..............................ill give it a C

Welcome to Silent Hill

This was one of the first mazes announced for this year. My familiarity of Silent Hill is that its a video game franchise that i have never played and they made a movie that i never watched and they are coming out with another movie that i wont watch either. Nothing against Silent Hill, i just never had a chance to check it out and i have no interest in it. This maze seemed to be a total mess, yes i know maybe if i looked into it more maybe i would have enjoyed it but........no. Nothing scary about Pyramid Head, nothing scary about the Nurses......nothing scary about the maze and no the bunny wasnt scary either, it was a total blur to me. Let me add that this was the worse maze experience i have had at HHN.

Grade: F (better luck next time)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Let me begin by saying before we went in, a lady coming out of the maze said it was the smelliest maze. This was the maze i looked forward to. I was glad that they based it on the original movie and not the remake because the original was one of the most controversial films made. The entrance was a standared house which i think may have been from the Halloween maze of 2009. Anyways when we walked in we were in awe because it was like stepping inside the sawyer house. You see all the characters from the original movie which was awesome, leatherface in his different masks, gore gore and more gore. I have to be honest and say that i was not scared because it was like i was in disneyland and happy the whole time. The two guys in front of us seemed to be scared alot because they kept backing into us which got annoying a bit but it was fun. I wanted to go again.....and again....and again but the wait was over an hour and we could only fast pass once. To sum it up, you will love this maze if you are a Texas Chainsaw Massacre Fan.

Grade: A (hoping to repeat it next year)

Scarezones

OK........the scarezones this year were terrible. I am guessing they wanted to have alot of people working the walking dead areas to enhance the zombie apocolypse feel but Clownz is getting played out, Toyz was ridiculous, There were no witches in the witch zone and Silent Hill was two nurses and two guys on stilts which was not scary at all......in fact it was worse than the witch scarezone!!!!! I just hope they do something about it next year

Overall

This was a very solid year and best year we have been to. I hope they stop the strobe light, loud audio, scareactor jump out in every maze, its unnescessary and knotts doesnt even do it much if not at all and they have really good scares. With the exception of Silent Hill, all the mazes were enjoyable. Also get rid of zombievision and terror tram (or do something new with terror tram)