The Best Repeat

The Best Repeat  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the best repeat HHN Hollywood has done so far?

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Back in Business (08)
    • Friday the 13th: Camp Blood (08)
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street: Home Sweet Hell (08)
    • Saw: Game On! (10)
    • House of 1000 Corpses: In 3D Zombievision (11)
    • La Llorona: The Child Hunter (12)

When I say repeat, I mean a maze that was directly lifted from its previous year with no to big changes. Therefore, this excludes, "Kill, Jason, Kill," "Never Sleep Again" and etc..

From worst to best:

6) House of 1000 Corpses (11) - Literally zero change and for me, personally, the least warranted repeat since the maze was only OKAY the first time and they did a major injustice by not improving on anything when it really needed it.

5) Friday the 13th: Camp Blood (08) - Not many changes but I'm a bit bias since I love Jason. I got one or two more scares in its second year though.

4) Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Back in Business (08) - My favorite maze ever but it remained unchanged but all the scares were still there and still hit as hard as ever.

3) Nightmare on Elm Street: Home Sweet Hell (08) - Many changes abound in this new version with more deaths, more iconic scenes and a much cooler opening scene. Still fairly low on the scares though.

2) Saw: Game On! (10) - I loved the new scenes incorporated, and some of the layout was changed a bit. The entire first half of the maze felt fresh to me. The second half felt mostly the same until getting to the hanging pigs bit. Still got many scares in this maze.

1) La Llorona: The Child Hunter (12) - Definitely my favorite. A lot of the maze was new and fresh. Murdy gave on the promise that this maze would be scarier than the original version. I think about 50% of the maze was changed and the new ending kept the old ending while giving 2 more horrifying scenes with one equally (or maybe even more) as terrifying.

Make your choice!

^My list is exactly the same as yours, except the 08 mazes since I never experienced them... although I should've. I was confused with online ticketing from 2006-2008. I only ever bought tickets at the front gate for KSF 2003-2008... but I digress...

Well... technically, La Llorona had 3 new scenes in the end, if you count the recycled snake from AC last year with the head of La Llorona on it lunging at the guests through a hole in the wall. La Llorona disturbed me this year, in the best way possible. But I would say more than 50% is new. The only scenes they kept exactly the same were, the first ending, the first scene/facade including the statue hall and a facade right after that and the small pigs room. Even the River scene was tweaked this year, which left a visual in my memory that will never fade. Overall the best repeated maze HHNH has ever had... now... let's hope they stop repeating mazes! ;)

You guys know I much I loathe and detest repeats. I haven't been before 2009 so I can just the F13 and TCM repeats, but here's a list of my top three repeats.

3) Saw: Game On! - Surprisingly, my least favorite repeat. Yes, there were three new scenes in there, but they only made the house worse in my opinion. The news scenes made it feel far too patented and a bit blank.

2) House of 1000 Corpses: Unlike Saw, they changed NOTHING in here. Everything was exactly the same. It would've been nice to change it up with some scenes from Devil's Rejects, but noooo. The reason I give this a number two was that it was still a good house, and it was the only house from 2010 that I wouldn't mind being brought back if there had to be a repeat. It was still unnecessary though, but at least they left it alone and didn't have any new scenes that felt out of place. If there were any new scenes in there that flowed, I would've welcomed this.

1) La Llorona: Favorite repeat by FAR. This was the one time I was actually glad this came back. After the beginning, it felt like a COMPLETELY different house. This felt much more like a sequel house than a repeat. They delved a bit deeper into the legend of the weeping woman and made it even more beautiful and scary than last year's Villa de Almas Pedidas. If we ever have to have a repeat in the future (Which I hope not), I hope they give it this treatment.