When and Why Did You Go To HHN

I like hearing when and why everyone started going to HHN, so I created a topic for it :D.

:chainsaw:

My first year of HHN was 2006.

In 2004 I saw "The Art Of The Scare" which is the Travel Channel special about the HHN if you didn't know what it was lol. But after I saw it I asked my parents to go but they thought I would get too scared... So then 2005 came around and I asked again. They said they would take me to HOS because we had an Annual Pass there. So I settled for that.... Finally 2006 came around and I finally got to go... I was hooked from the very first moment I set foot in the park!

My first year was last year; I'd heard about Halloween Horror Nights here and there online as well as my aunt having brought it up on several occasions.

Well, last year Southwest had a sale on flights down to Orlando, and things just happened to work out that we were going down at the end of September. Things lined up, we stayed at the Royal Pacific for Universal, and that first night I attended HHN. Addict for life now. :)

• Like 1

I like hearing when and why everyone started going to HHN, so I created a topic for it :D.

:chainsaw:

My first year of HHN was 2006.

In 2004 I saw "The Art Of The Scare" which is the Travel Channel special about the HHN if you didn't know what it was lol. But after I saw it I asked my parents to go but they thought I would get too scared... So then 2005 came around and I asked again. They said they would take me to HOS because we had an Annual Pass there. So I settled for that.... Finally 2006 came around and I finally got to go... I was hooked from the very first moment I set foot in the park!

Funny that you say that...as 2004 was my first because my friend's girlfriend (now wife) saw that very special and bought him tickets for HHN and a group of 6 of us ended coming down, and have done so every year since minus 2006 when 2 people from the group got married on different weekends, one of our friends who doesn't do HHN got married another weekend, and then my sister go married on the other weekend. Literally had weddings every weekend in October.

• Like 1

I had made some new friends and I had been going to the park a lot that year (2010) since I had just gotten an annual pass. They suggested that I try it out one night, so I decided I might as well. I was pretty shaky that night, but as soon as I left, I wanted to go back again ASAP. Unfortunately, the money wasn't there for it, so I only got to do one day. I was lucky enough to become an employee a month after HHN ended that year, so I got to go to every event night last year, and that's the plan for this year. It's so much fun.

• Like 1

I use to go to the Terror on Church , but it close in 1999. My wife and I were looking for something to do around holloween in 2000 and found out about HHN. Been going to Universal for year, never knew about it. We got our first taste of HHN X. We didn't known it was every year, so we miss HHN XI. Been every year since 2002, with the exception of 2004 (wife was pregnant).

• Like 1