Jwfearmans reviews

JDW

For next year I don't see why they don't allow scareactors to leave their respective zones as far as they like. Wouldn't be much different from what we're experiencing now.

The biggest issue is actually safety: there's already an issue with trying to get security, police, and coordinators covering every part of the zone (especially in more unusual spots like bathrooms or Gramercy Park), but allowing total freedom beyond the set zone boundaries would cause even more problems because of the sheer staff requirements. It also makes it more difficult for the stage managers to follow their cast and monitor them and their actions, and even harder to round everyone up for the walk back.

I actually like the streets as they are now, because they expand the boundaries and allow for a lot more freedom than normal while mostly keeping trusted coordinators within arms' reach. Now we just need to get security and OPD to spread themselves among the zones instead of hanging out in a group chatting.

• Like 2

Alice Cooper (2 of 5)

I don't like the concept or Alice Cooper. I really am not a fan. The rooms have some cool sets and even some decent scares (only reason I like going into the house is to see my wife scream) but the two "surgery" scenes are uninspired and, by design, completely inhibit the scareactors from scaring. Last night the nurse was just standing perfectly still. We were stuck in the room a good two minutes and she didn't move a muscle. I thought "how lame" but I'm guess she was trying to go for the only real scare she could... which was to make people think she was fake. the house feels disjointed and just boring.

this. i agree. the house does look nice in some areas and there is a few decent scares (ceiling after the stripper, finale), but most rooms have very little opportunities for scares, the surgery rooms being two of those. it'd make sense if i knew the storyline of the album, but most rooms prohibit the actors from getting good scares as they're completely out in the open, which doesn't work as well in a small house than in a big, open street.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did go one last time on sunday totally impromptu... Honestly... I don't think I have ever been this late in the year.

Unfortunately it was really bad this time around and I only made it to 4 houses.

HOWEVER... I will say this walk through of Gothic had to be the most AMAZING yet. literally scare after scare after scare. They were seriously working it.

• Like 1