HHN 2012: Silent Hill

Hobbz

I was excited for the Silent Hill scarezone until I realized... there's going to be no decorations down there. So basically just a lot of fog and monsters, which is cool, but it won't exactly be Silent Hill-ish without SOME aspect of what makes Silent Hill, Silent Hill.

And I'm starting to think they got it wrong. Shouldn't the scarezone be called "Welcome to Silent Hill" and then the maze be titled, "Silent Hill: Random Subtitle?"

Seems odd to me and there's still enough time to change it...

@HorrorNights Even tho the Lower Lot is Silent Hill SZ will there still be any chainsaws?

@XHHN16X No, not there

@HorrorNights Well that's certainly a different approach! What about props and sets?

@XHHN16X Too crowded with Transformers, Mummy, JP and 2 mazes. Can't do any sets down there

Pause for this historic moment... 2012 will be the first year without chainsaws on the lower lot.

I don't remember where I read it on this site, but I agree with whoever said the lower lot is essentially going to be a photo op area.

No room for scaring. No decor to set the mood. Hardly any fog build up. And now no chainsaws to keep the energy flowing.

It all just sounds like it's not going to add up well for this zone and I have a feeling people will walk away disappointed from it.

Who wants to bet the Transformers will still have their photo op area by the ride? :-P

@HorrorNights Even tho the Lower Lot is Silent Hill SZ will there still be any chainsaws?

@XHHN16X No, not there

@HorrorNights Well that's certainly a different approach! What about props and sets?

@XHHN16X Too crowded with Transformers, Mummy, JP and 2 mazes. Can't do any sets down there

Pause for this historic moment... 2012 will be the first year without chainsaws on the lower lot.

I don't remember where I read it on this site, but I agree with whoever said the lower lot is essentially going to be a photo op area.

No room for scaring. No decor to set the mood. Hardly any fog build up. And now no chainsaws to keep the energy flowing.

It all just sounds like it's not going to add up well for this zone and I have a feeling people will walk away disappointed from it.

Who wants to bet the Transformers will still have their photo op area by the ride? :-P

oh no! D: lower lot was one of my favorites the scaractors made it fun for everyone hiding behind the plants and poping out

@XHHN16X No, not there

IDK I have a feeling chainsaws will be added during the second or third week they do have a habit of adding chainsaws threw the run.

• 2 weeks later...

I could see them putting tons of fog down there and making it super creepy. For silent hill, unless they could repaint stuff, random props don't seem to fit very well. It'd just look like they put stuff there just to put something there. It's so crowded down there that if they just pump up the fog, that, in my opion, would be better than props in keeping with the Silent Hill feel.

They could put burnt cars, an empty playground, maybe strategically put up a storefront facade...

I seriously doubt it. Judging by the last few years, you know how cheap Universal loves to be with scarezones. It's most-likely just going to be fog, music, lighting, and maybe some cobwebs if we're lucky.