Rampage's Review

iRampage

Ok well let me tell you this, we ended up going late (around 8) and my group was very uncooperative with where to go because the girls were REALLY scared lol. So we did NOT hit everything, which means I will not have a review for everything.

First things first, I went opening weekend and yesterday (closing weekend? lol). So basically I was mainly looking for changes.

The reviews will be in order of what we went through:

Klownz: Area was great, I still wish there were more chainsaws there, I only saw maybe 2-3 chainsaws here. Personally, I think chainsaws are a great way to "pump someone up" who is just entering the park. It was fun watching some of them chase people in the locker rooms and even in the gift shop haha. Only problem was the girls in my group ran into guest services and stayed in there for a good 5 minutes which wasted precious time :( I also liked watching one of the clowns (or... klownz) skip around while holding a bag of popcorn - offering it to guests. There was also a huge crowd surrounding the Ringmaster. I'm not sure what the fuss was about but I suppose he was telling jokes or something.

8/10 would be a 9/10 if there were more chainsaws, but thats just my preference

Reapers: Went straight down to lower lot next because I assumed lines were long already, plus some of the best mazes are here. Like what some other people said, it was cool that the Reapers added some facial hair, mohawks, etc. to their costumes. It made them seem unique. And I saw the same exact thing Grind saw... a Reaper literally slide/leaped to the floor and did a handstand with his chainsaw. IT WAS AMAZING. There were also Reapers hanging out in the bushes by the JP entrance, there were some good scares there. Another funny sight, the Reapers were in a circle and fistpumping and jumping around, then some girl tries to copy them so they just stare at her for like 30 seconds. She walks away and they all follow her hahaha.

9/10 big increase because Reapers seemed much more enthusiastic and cooler this time

Hostel: Next up was Hostel, I told the lady in the front the code: "Harvest Festival" and got a card. The girls in my group got scared and thought it was a code for them to scare us more LOL. The maze was much more memorable than the last time I went. Scareactors were on their A-game. I had ALOT of good scares and I found myself looking down/ducking alot of the time. I got to Steven's scene and I wasn't sure what Steven looked like so I just yelled it out haha. I BELIEVE it was him because he got in my date's face and went that "extra mile" for aggressive scaring haha.

9/10 still not perfect because it reminds me of Saw but still a great maze with very enthusiastic scareactors

Alice Cooper WTMN: This maze seemed about the same, there werent many changes that I noticed. For some reason, alot of the SA were picking on my date so she claims that she hated the maze but in the end she said she loved it haha. She kept asking me about the "story" of Alice cooper and there was not much i could say haha. Memorable scare when i walked past the woman-spider thing, I never noticed that there was a boohole on the other side of the room and well.... i kind of ran into the spider thing was was nasty... hahaha.

9/10, no noticeable changes but still an amazing maze

JP: :)

The Mummy: :(

Terror Tram: Wow, alotta changes from opening night. There were ALOT more chainsaw people at the drop off. Last time there were about 4, yesterday there was at least 8. The little midget SA was taking a break (or maybe we were walking too fast) and so we didn't get much from him. The good news: there was little to no traffic at the Bates' Motel. The SA were very aggressive here but it was DEFINITELY missing the fence maze which was the best thing of the TT when i went opening weekend. However, there was alot of traffic when you start on the "hike". The bushmen were VERY well hidden and got me a couple times. Funny moment when Norman Bates called a... i must say... a very LARGE and TALL lady a "sir". Then he quickly corrected himself and said "ma'am". I'm not sure if it was on purpose but it was definitely funny because she DID look like a man. LOL no offense to her... There seemed to be MUCH more SA in the area which is good because when I went opening weekend, there seemed to be a lack of SA. They also added a bunch of neon green lights at one of the buses so the "mutated soldiers" would fit into the area. Hmm, the ending was different from opening weekend. The tram guide kept the Ghostface costume on and kept us entertained... saying he was naked under the costume and such aha.

8/10, much better than opening weekend but losing the fence maze makes it lose a potential 9/10.

The Simpsons: Can't believe we wasted an hour in line for this ride. Girls wanted to go on it cause it was their first time.

La Llorona: 95 minute wait. Really. Girls wanted to go in this cause they heard it was "the best maze". Which is true (in my opinion), but it DEFINITELY wasn't worth a 95 minute wait. The line went as far back as to the Gibson Theater. Not much changes to say about this maze other than the SA being much more aggressive than in opening weekend. Great final scares (the ones outside of the maze haha)

9/10.

Because of the long waits for Simpsons and La Llorona, we couldn't hit anything else. So we went to the last showing of Bill and Ted

Bill and Ted: Much much much better! I found myself laughing alot more and the crowd was very into it (especially when Rebecca Black is killed by the asian guy from The Hangover). I noticed that the dance routine in the end isn't as long and the whole show didn't seem to drag on. I wasn't a fan of the music but it was enough I guess. Captain Mexico had a bigger role and was much more funny in this version. I noticed they changed Osama's girlfriend to the girl from Twlight. Much better,

8.5/10

I wish i went to The Thing, i wanted to see the changes, but i guess its alright. Thats it for this review folks. Happy halloween :)

Nice review Rampage Im so glad someone could back me up on the terror tram being fine tuned, and I knew they added the Facial hair this is why I loved Reaper not only that but they seemed to have more attitude and just seemed more badass then in videos I saw. I also had the same problems as you havig to explain the pot to Alice Cooper but btw yeah the Ringmaster inda did he photo-op/Insult Emporuim thing it was funny cuz my Date went to take a picture with her brother and the Ringmaster straight just told him "Are you wearing TOMS? you are aware those are Womens shoes sir?" he was realy funny and would hit on girls and make fun of there boyfriends and or male friends it was too funny. but sounds like you had n and glad someone else seen the changes I brought up lol.

And I saw the same exact thing Grind saw... a Reaper literally slide/leaped to the floor and did a handstand with his chainsaw. IT WAS AMAZING. There were also Reapers hanging out in the bushes by the JP entrance, there were some good scares there. Another funny sight, the Reapers were in a circle and fistpumping and jumping around, then some girl tries to copy them so they just stare at her for like 30 seconds. She walks away and they all follow her hahaha.

Man, I really wish I could've seen something that amazing. I'm never going any other time than the last weekend again like I used to. Opening weekend and the second to last week just doesn't sound as awesome as the experiences I've been hearing. However, there were some guys in the JP bushes, maybe even like 3 of them that got me a couple times. That fistpumping thing sounds hilarious.

Hostel: Next up was Hostel, I told the lady in the front the code: "Harvest Festival" and got a card. The girls in my group got scared and thought it was a code for them to scare us more LOL. The maze was much more memorable than the last time I went. Scareactors were on their A-game. I had ALOT of good scares and I found myself looking down/ducking alot of the time.

That's so funny because my girly friends thought the same thing too, which is funny if you think about it, because how would the entire cast know to scare them especially? haha oh well. And once again, I'm the only one on this entire freakin' site who went through at a bad time both times I went through it! URGGGGH!!!

She kept asking me about the "story" of Alice cooper and there was not much i could say haha.

You and me both, buddy.

The tram guide kept the Ghostface costume on and kept us entertained... saying he was naked under the costume and such aha.

8/10, much better than opening weekend but losing the fence maze makes it lose a potential 9/10.

Buahahaha, that's awesome. I had a guy in the costume for most of the way and the last 2 minutes, he took it off but your experience sounds much better.

La Llorona: 95 minute wait. Really. Girls wanted to go in this cause they heard it was "the best maze". Which is true (in my opinion), but it DEFINITELY wasn't worth a 95 minute wait. The line went as far back as to the Gibson Theater. Not much changes to say about this maze other than the SA being much more aggressive than in opening weekend. Great final scares (the ones outside of the maze haha)

9/10.

I didn't even know that was possible! 95?! That has to be the longest I've ever heard of, aside from my first year of HHN and waiting for TCM for 120 (all by my lonesome, I might add haha). Honestly, nothing is worth that long of a wait, no matter how great it is because there's still the offchance you might get the tail end of the scares and everything be a big waste of time! And how did it go all the way to the Gibson? That sounds unfreakinbelievable. I didn't even know they had a plan if the queue stretched out passed the entrance of the queue.

I wish i went to The Thing, i wanted to see the changes, but i guess its alright. Thats it for this review folks. Happy halloween :)

There were some subtle changes, but nothing major. There's a guy on the stairs as you enter. The snowmobile moves towards you and at a less faster rate. And it was a TAD bit colder. Oh and there's a very small TV in the queue showing the trailer of the movie. That's it.

There were some subtle changes, but nothing major. There's a guy on the stairs as you enter. The snowmobile moves towards you and at a less faster rate. And it was a TAD bit colder. Oh and there's a very small TV in the queue showing the trailer of the movie. That's it.

also IDK if it was there before or not but from what I saw online they added a guy in the rec room behind the bar.

The Thing sounds better from the way you guys make it sound haha. Even though I didn't hit everything like my first time going this year, I DEFINITELY had more fun (or it could be that my group had better personalities than those in the group i went in with the first time)

I think its a better to go towards the middle/end of the month because SA get a better hang of things, they find new tactics to use, and there are better changes to mazes/scarezones/tram/etc

La llorona was still great but def not worth a 95 minute wait. I woulda probably went to Wolfman/HOTC and The Thing without that wait. Yeah it was weird, the lines LOOKED normal, there was only an extra queue next to the entrance but it wasnt that long. So I assumed it would only be about 40-50 minute wait. But the line curved and curved, soon it went around the Curious George playplace thing, then went around the back to the Gibson Amp and back again to the normal shrek queue. Craaaazy line.

This makes me wonder if we can actually put another maze at the Gibson Amp. There is definitely enough space, but where would the lines go? Especially the over-flow lines.

I wish i stayed to watch the Ringmaster haha, i never watched Insult Emporium (other than on youtube). I was gonna watch it in... 2008 but the Insult Emporium got canceled like two weeks into the event and it was too late :(