LuitaChris' HHN XXI Review

LuitaChris

* Spoilers Ahead* Alright so where to start? Well, my wife and I usually go with a large group but this year its was just us and another couple. I have been going since HHN 12 and this was one of the funnest times I have ever had. Now a little background, we were a weee bit intoxicated so some details might have escaped my mind but I know what I liked and what I didn't.

The Foresaken - Holy details!!! I think this was one of the best done houses in respect to set design. I was at first a little hesitant about this house b/c, well lets face it, we were walking into a warehouse with nothing on the outside or a facade once you go in. Once you got a little bit into the house I was blown away... When it opened up and all those sets of green eyes staring at me freaked me out...I LOVED IT!!! The feeling of dirt under my feet and the lopsided floor. I really felt immersed in this thing and I was amazing. The scares were ok but the uneasiness is what I loved. Great Job!!!

Scares 4/5

Sets 6/5

The In Between - My personal favorite house. Now I was already a little hammered and going through here felt like I was really in another dimension. I didn't know where I was or what the hell was going on, which was great. I sobered up a bit when I came face to face with a demon in strobe lights and about lost my mind. The laser room was great as was the string room. There was just a constant intensity throughout this house and as always, the tunnel was fun. Awesome house!

Scares 5/5

Sets 5/5

Saws N Steam - The concept was fun. I liked walking in with all the propaganda on the walls and over the speakers. You quickly realize that it was all B.S. and there is some nasty stuff going on. Loved the fingers floating in the fish tanks. Didn't get a lot of scares in here though... The gore was great and I saw the waterfall but Scuba Steve didn't wanna come out to play :( Solid house though and the chainsaw guy at the end... your my idol! You chased some little kid who was already scared shitless and made him cry. Then you turned around and made his older brother cry. CLASSIC!!!

Scares 3/5

Sets 4/5

The Thing - Nice Facade and you can tell from the start things have gone haywire. Very loud but the guns were really corny. They seemed like cap guns... I know you can't have real guns but there has to be something a little more realistic. I honestly don't remember much about this house except it being really loud and the corny guns. I know i didn't hate it but just nothing really memorable.

Scares 2/5

Sets 3.5/5

Nightingales - This was a house I was anticipating most. The atmosphere was great along with the banshees. The best part of the house was when a soldier yelled at me to run and a banshee grabbed him and squirted "blood" all over me and they both disappeared. I was loving that scene. Never got to see the body torn apart but I loved the Banshee leaning over the trench and chewing on a arm that was hanging over. Awesome!

Scares 4/5

Sets 4.5/5

Winter's Night - Ahhhh this one drives me nuts. I was so disappointed with this house. Maybe it was due to a cast change b/c I only had 2 scareactors pop out and literally go "boo". The facade was great as were the sets but that was it. We got nothing... you now the feeling when b/c you are the dork on the message boards you know everything and say, this one is awesome and we can't miss it.... and then that happens and you look like a clown...Guilty as charged. O well, I'm sure its a great house, just bad timing.

H.R. Bloodengutz - Awesome que video... thought it was hysterical and a little sick at the same time. You have to look at this house for what it is... you can't expect a house like the In Between with tons of crazy ass scares. You have to go in expecting to leave with a smile on your face and laugh. That is exactly what happened. Who doesn't love a rabid easter bunny and a decapitated santa?! Tv's were a great touch to introduce each room.

Scares 2/5

Sets 3/5

We didn't get to go thru Poe... a half hour after the gates opened the wait was 45 mins and never really went down. Now onto the scarezones...

7 - Cool idea and a lot of good make up. Liked the music and lighting. Fun zone

Scares 3/5

Sets 3/5

Grown Evil - Awesome atmosphere and creepy, not really scary through. Great costumes and the birds were interesting, just no scares

Scares 1/5

Sets 4.5/5

Canyon of Dark Souls - I really liked this zone. The only drawback was the length... I wanted more lol. The Canyon is ominous as hell with the fog and fire and tall, cloaked "souls" lol. Really enjoyed it.

Scares 4/5

Sets 4/5

Acid Assault - The scareactors here were pretty intense... they were going after everyone. The projections were awesome... I just felt like something was missing, I just can't put my finger on it.

Scares 3.5/5

Sets 4/5

Nightmaze - Not a whole to say here... got a startle out of me which is more than I expected

Scares 2/5

Sets 2/5

Well that's pretty much it. Bill and Teds was definitely not on par with past years. I'm easily amused and this at times hurt to watch. I can't believe some of the characters they used when they had so much to choose from. It's worth it to see it once but I wouldn't again. All in all it was an awesome year and I am ready for next year.

Edited by LuitaChris