HHNemys HHN Hollywood 2011 Review

HHNemy

Last friday Oct. 14th was my first time visiting HHN this year. I was very pleased but there were a few disappointments.

I chose to do the VIP tour and was very happy I made that decision.

(I am going to review each attraction in the order we did them.)

We got in and waited for the opening scaremonies. It was different and better than last year. Once the fire towers went off me and my friends sprinted back to the escalators.

REAPERS: We were the first ones on the lower lot and I saw no reapers. I was wondering if we were too early and they were heading over to their positions or something but then all of a sudden about 15 to 20 scareactors jump out of the bushes by JP. It scared the crap out of me because it was so unexpected they chased us all the way to hostel.

HOSTEL: HUNTING SEASON. The facade is beautiful! I think it has the most going on out of all the facades. We were the first group in so I got all the scares. *spoiler* I really liked the locker room scene when the guy was asking if he should kill her fast or slow. It realld set me up for a good scare.

Number of visite: 3

Scares: 9/10

Costumes: 7/10 (too many helmets and aprons)

Scents: 9/10 (the cookie smell was unexpected)

Soundtrack: 8/10

Gore/ Props: 10/10

Scenery: 8/10

Overall: 8.5/10

ALICE COOPER: WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE. I loved the lighting and music of the facade. The alice cooper make up around the windows that lit up with the blacklight was awesome! There was nobody in front of us since it was still early in the night so we got most of the scares. The music flowed very well and so did the different scenes.

Number of visits: 3

Scares: 10/10

Costumes: 9/10

Scents: 8/10 (smelled bad in the asylum but the scent wasn't contained very well. The whole maze smelled and I don't think it was on purpose.

Soundtrack: 10/10

Gore/ Props: 10/10

Scenery: 9/10

Overall: 9.5/10

FREAKS: Stilt walker was good. But it was the same costumes and the theme is just getting tired out.

ZOMBIEVILLE: Very good costumes and sets. Lots of fog.

KLOWNS: Same as always.

VIP TOUR. Very cool walking around the western street and doing Kong and Jaws at night.

TERROR TRAM: SCREAM FOR YOUR LIFE. Same bullshit as always. The only good thing is that it wasn't that crowded. Nothing resembled the scream franchise. Fence maze was gone too. The only good parts were the ghillie suits and norman bates.

Number of visits: 1

Scares:3/10

Costumes: 7/10

Scents: 0/10

Soundtrack: 3/10

Gore/ Props: 7/10

Scenery: 6/10

Overall: 4/10

LA LLORONA: VILLA DE ALMAS PERDIDAS. Facade was awesome! Got some great scares in here. I really liked how some of the scenes were in open areas. I thought it was scarier than tight hallways.

Number of Visits: 2

Scares: 9/10

Costumes:9/10

Scents: 10/10

Gore/ Props: 7/10

Scenery: 10/10

Overall: 9/10

WOLFMAN: CURSE OF TALBOT HALL. hoh.... enough said

Number of visits: 1

Scares: 2/10 (saw 4 scareactors..)

Costumes: 7/10

Scents: 3/10

Gore/ Props: 4/10

Scenery: 6/10

Overall: 4/10

THE THING: ASSIMILATION. Awesome maze but wasn't as great as I expected. I saw like 2 animatronics in the whole maze and it really wasn't cold. Very scary though. It scared me because instead or people jumping out it looked like creatures! The costumes were insane!

Number of visits: 2

Scares 10/10

Costumes 10/10

Scents 8/10

Soundtrack: 9/10

Gore/ Props 7/10

Scenery 7/10

Overall: 8/10

HOTC. Same as last year. But the guy playing Tiny was amazing!

Number of visits:1

Scares 5/10

Costumes 9/10

Scents 4/10

Soundtrack 8/10

Gore/ Props 3/10 (same as last year)

Scenery 5/10 (exact same stuff.)

Overall: 6/10

I loved the vampire lounge addition. It was a nice place to relax and had a free buffet!

Gogos were amazing as always.

Overall I think this year was one of the best if not the best!