Grind's Game Plan Advice!

ok so Im going with about 9 people this which is a change from my group being for some odd reason always 5 but one of my friend (who went with us in 09 and supposably didnt have a good time but we did go with no girls that year so we werent targeted that much and 09 didnt compare to last year) we got him to go because of our friends who went last year were talking about how great last years was so heres were I need help so I can shut my friends mouth this year lol and Im not gonna lie Im trying to impress someone lol but if someone knows the opening times for the mazes that will help out ALOT so also from Scareactors and people who went I need some fine tuneing and insight on our gameplan we are going on Oct. 28th btw.

*-question

*GamePlan 1.0*

1.) it takes about 30 minutes to get to Universal so we are planing to leave around 3:00 to 3:30 so we can get there around 4.

2.) ok were gonna try to get front gate and get close enough to see the Opening Scaramonies then head straight to House Of 1000

*I know last year HOTC was an hour and a half wait alot of people are going who did not go last year so we kinda have to hit so I need to know if this is open or does it open a bit later

3.) then we will head directly to the lower lot to Welcome to My nightmare

4.) Next we will hit Hostel: Hunting Season

5.) We will hit Jurassic Park in the Dark (since usualy at this time it is walk in no lines)

6.) The Mummy (same as above)

7.) We will take our dinner break and munch at the Jurassic Cafe

8.) after we will head back up and the Terror Tram

9.)We will do our Merch shopping at the stand in the terror tram line

*that Merch stand in the TT line does it usualy have everything that the Universal store has?

10.) we will hit The Thing or La Llerrona

*which one has the longer line? Thing or LL? cuz we'll the longer line first.

11.) We'll wait for the next showing of Bill and Ted if we sill got time we will hit Wolfman since its always empty twords the end.

12.) make it in time for the Chainsaw Chase out maybe hit wolfman IF we didnt get to hit and we got time before the CDT chase out.

*note we will skip the simpsons ride since its usualy a waste of time with usualy an hour wait

so any insight guys?

and Set Times will help out alot thanks guys

HOTC opened at 8 when I went but that was opening night and I think it was due to the Eyegore's. Maybe someone who went last night can help you with that one.

However, if you can't do or decide not to do HOTC first, I highly recommend hitting La Llorona. It gets the longest line on the upper lot but HOTC comes in second and then The Thing. Wolfman ofcourse gets smaller at the end of the night.

Then, RUSH down to the lower lot. Lines started forming down there at around 8. Hit Welcome to My Nightmare first and then Hostel.

If you do JP and Mummy, ofcourse do it now so you don't waste time going back down to the lower lot.

Do not stop to eat here. I know you like the JP Cafe but the line for the Terror Tram is RIDICULOUS this year. Run back up to the lower lot, hit Terror Tram and THEN eat or else you could potentially be waiting about 45 minutes for it.

Everything else sounds fine.

HOTC opened at 8 when I went but that was opening night and I think it was due to the Eyegore's. Maybe someone who went last night can help you with that one.

However, if you can't do or decide not to do HOTC first, I highly recommend hitting La Llorona. It gets the longest line on the upper lot but HOTC comes in second and then The Thing. Wolfman ofcourse gets smaller at the end of the night.

Then, RUSH down to the lower lot. Lines started forming down there at around 8. Hit Welcome to My Nightmare first and then Hostel.

If you do JP and Mummy, ofcourse do it now so you don't waste time going back down to the lower lot.

Do not stop to eat here. I know you like the JP Cafe but the line for the Terror Tram is RIDICULOUS this year. Run back up to the lower lot, hit Terror Tram and THEN eat or else you could potentially be waiting about 45 minutes for it.

Everything else sounds fine.

alright thanks so we'll probably eat after Terror Tram

My gameplan gave me alot of extra time.

I went early and was near the front of the opening scaremonies.

From there I would recommend going to The Thing first because its on the way the lower lot (plus you get some good scares if ur the first ones there). After that I would recommend going to WTMN and then Hostel. After that, JP and then The Mummy and maybe WTMN or Hostel again (its totally up to you, but i would choose WTMN because not alotta people knew where the queue was for that maze; making wait times short if the park just opened).

When me and my friends followed^ that, it was only 8:00, we only used up an hour and we went through all that.

So we took a break at cinnabon and decided to go to the Simpsons because it was only a 25 minute wait (thats up to you though; we went because the wait usually jumps up to 1 hour later on in the night).

From there we went to TT and took another break because it was what... like 10-ish by then? We bought some food and waited in line for La Llorona (i believe this line was the longest I had to wait for, and even then it was only about a 35 minute wait; plus we had more time to eat in line hahaha).

And of course, we took another break just because we had so much time on our hands lol. We walked through the "game" section where people were shooting hoops and stuff and walked through Klownz and into Wolfman. Wolfman didn't have that long of a wait (15-20 minutes because lines died down for it). After that, we hit Bill and Ted at 12:15 (lined up around 12) and ended up walking through Freakz into HOTC. HOTC had an alright wait (30 minutes tops) and then we exited through Zombieville.

We decided to go through The Thing again (because the first time, we had the backhand of the scares, and this time was no different :(

The night was almost over and we honestly could have went through Wolfman again but we were tired and decided to leave lol.

With the gameplan I had, i believe if we hadn't taken breaks, we could have finished everything by maybe... 12.

ok guys thanks now I can revise my plan

*-Questions

*Game Plan 2.0*

1.) it takes about 30 minutes to get to Universal so we are planing to leave around 3:00 to 3:30 so we can get there around 4.

2.) ok were gonna try to get front gate and get close enough to see the Opening Scaramonies then head straight to The Thing: Assimulation

5.) We will hit Jurassic Park in the Dark (since usualy at this time it is walk in no lines)

7.) after we will head back up and the Terror Tram

8.)We will do our Merch shopping at the stand in the terror tram line

*that Merch stand in the TT line does it usualy have everything that the Universal store has?

9.) La Llorona

10.) Eat Probably Flinstones BBQ.

11.) Bill & Ted

12.) House of 1000 Corpses

13.) Wolfman

14.) Chainsaw Chase Out

Thoughts?

ok guys thanks now I can revise my plan

*-Questions

*Game Plan 2.0*

2.) ok were gonna try to get front gate and get close enough to see the Opening Scaramonies then head straight to The Thing: Assimulation

7.) after we will head back up and the Terror Tram

8.)We will do our Merch shopping at the stand in the terror tram line

9.) La Llorona

10.) Eat Probably Flinstones BBQ.

11.) Bill & Ted

12.) House of 1000 Corpses

13.) Wolfman

14.) Chainsaw Chase Out

Thoughts?

looks solid.

and about the merch stand, i'm not so sure about it having everything the universal stores has.

I believe there's a merch thread but I don't know if they have any pictures in it. The "what fear fears most" shirt is lame and the Captain Spaulding t-shirt is nice. Nothing that inspired me to buy anything though but other than the souvenir cups, I never do anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

You know, now I'm startin to think you should probably do HOTC first... from what I've seen, that line is by far the slowest moving and the wait time says it shorter than what it really is.

The Thing's line is the opposite; shorter than the wait time listed, plus it's always moving.

La Llorona's line is usually exactly what the wait time says.

So use that info as you wish!

Have a great time Grind, make sure to give us your review in the event reviews!

You know, now I'm startin to think you should probably do HOTC first... from what I've seen, that line is by far the slowest moving and the wait time says it shorter than what it really is.

The Thing's line is the opposite; shorter than the wait time listed, plus it's always moving.

La Llorona's line is usually exactly what the wait time says.

So use that info as you wish!

Have a great time Grind, make sure to give us your review in the event reviews!

thanks so HOTC Im hitting first

and dont worry Ill have a full report up tomorrow morning!