Terror Tram 2011 [Reviews]

DTH316

One of many firsts this year, SCREAM will be hitting the backlot and terrorizing the guests of the Terror Tram! A first, a major motion picture will be only represented on the Terror Tram and NOT with a maze/house.

Was the decision to throw Ghostface on the backlot to have their own reign of terror on "four different films" a good one or will it only make us long for a maze?

One of many firsts this year, SCREAM will be hitting the backlot and terrorizing the guests of the Terror Tram! A first, a major motion picture will be only represented on the Terror Tram and NOT with a maze/house.

Was the decision to throw Ghostface on the backlot to have their own reign of terror on "four different films" a good one or will it only make us long for a maze?

I'm a fan of the Scream films, so I was really looking forward to the Terror Tram. Well, the video on the tram was cool. It would be freaking cool to have a documentary style Scream film .

Ghostface is everywhere on the backlot, and I mean EVERYWHERE, including the Bates Motel. The chainlink fence maze was really good. It's full of Ghostface actors trying to stab you . It was the only highlight of the tram. Otherwhise, it's the same Terror Tram as previous years.I did see a lot more Bushmen though.

Edited by Matador

I'm a fan of the Scream films, so I was really looking forward to the Terror Tram. Well, the video on the tram was cool. It would be freaking cool to have a documentary style Scream film .

Ghostface is everywhere on the backlot, and I mean EVERYWHERE, including the Bates Motel. The chainlink fence maze was really good. It's full of Ghostface actors trying to stab you . It was the only highlight of the tram. Otherwhise, it's the same Terror Tram as previous years.I did see a lot more Bushmen though.

There were no other enhancements to the TT? No extra facades? Scream theming? Stab-a-thon theming?

Nope. Besides the Tram Videos and Ghostface, there was no extra Scream theming. Once the tram stops, the tour guide informs guests that besides the report of a serial killer on the loose in the backlot the Stabathon is still on, but you have to walk there. You're supposed to be walking through the sets of four horror films that are currently being filmed in the backlot in order to reach the Stabathon. There was no banner or facade for the Stabathon that I remember. You just get back on the tram. I did enjoy the storyline and there were quite a few scares and wtf? moments on the TT this year though.

The Scream scare zone is pretty bare bones too: Ghostface Statue, Lights, and Go Go Dancers in bloody bodybags.

It's a shame they didn't go all out with the property. I hope they make a proper maze out of the property next year.

Edited by Matador

Nope. Besides the Tram Videos and Ghostface, there was no extra Scream theming. The Scream scare zone is pretty bare bones too: Ghostface Statue, Lights, and Go Go Dancers in bloody bodybags.

Sigh... Sadness :( I'm not surprised. I expected to get more or less the same TT as always but, still, what a waste of Scream. Ah well. I can do it once, scratch it off my list, and spend the rest of my time at the mazes.

definitively not one of our best TT. The videos were ok but the TT didnt do well as a whole. Well the 4 fake films helped to tie in with the different enviroments it was in but i got absolutely no scares or half of one at that. What a major let down :( Oh and good sakes we skipped the mummy tunnel at the end and went straight to the station.

definitively not one of our best TT. The videos were ok but the TT didnt do well as a whole. Well the 4 fake films helped to tie in with the different enviroments it was in but i got absolutely no scares or half of one at that. What a major let down :( Oh and good sakes we skipped the mummy tunnel at the end and went straight to the station.

what were the 4 fake films?

Not gonna give this a full review, as I didn't do TT as "TT" I did it as part of my RIP tour, which was different from GA's. The backlot was awesome, found log bunny pretty quickly, and the fence maze in Bates Motel was awesome. The WOTW set was definitely the highlight of the backlot, got a few good jumps out of me, which is hard as I'm pretty jaded on most of the scare techniques used, so I definitely appreciated that. Ghostface everywhere, and I mean everywhere, I personally counted at least 20, and then I stopped counting. Overall, not a bad experience, just be prepared for a logjam at whoville. 4/5

I think the 4 fake films was a good way to keep the overall theme on track. Of course to no surprise zombies were in the WOTW sets. Also the fence maze was a good add and replacement for the sheet mazes. Would of been good if they could of done both. Yes though it was a ghostface overload he was everywhere !! What i also liked it i got the same trams speaker as the one who got killed in the video after the TT it was pretty neat.

YAY we skipped the Mummy tunnel this year. haha

Okay, so TT was alright this year. Not the best (maybe cause im' tired of the same route) but alot better than last year (which seemed to lack scareactors when I went).

I felt like they should have added more chainsaws in the beginning. There was a cute scareactor that was scaring people hahaha, i dont wanna reveal too much but he was great.

The line backed up alot when we walked around Bate's motel into the fence maze. But I guess it was better than the clusterfuck of walking THROUGH the tiny hallways of bate's motel.

Alotta great scares in the fence maze, but after that, it started to tone down. Bushmen were great, I honestly could not detect them unless they had scared someone else ahead of me hahaha.

Uhh after that, it kinda went downhill intensity-wise. WOTW set was about the same. I got shot with water/blood FULLBLAST by one of the zombies which wasnt very fun. And I wish they added more chainsaws in the end as I only saw one.

3.5/5

Apparently Murdy is tweeting he was dissatisfied with the Terror Tram and that he's going to be working on it this week. Still won't help the fact that the on tram video has no definite ending and that there isn't much of a story. Only thing to add now would be a Stab-A-Thon set up. I was watching a sharpproductions video and they went through the middle of the Bates Motel. When I went through, we went around but anyway, there's a banner on the wall that says "Stab-A-Thon meet up at Bates Motel" or something of the like. So is it the set of Stab 8 or Stab-A-Thon? Or Both? And if it's both, I don't see how either is represented because the fence maze isn't detailed enough to be either.

I don't know, this truly did not live up to it's potential and it's a freakin' shame as this could've been beyond epic. I had full faith that they did they best they could with Terror Trams 07 - 09 but the last two years have just been meh. And I don't believe it's the locations. Once again, I believe it's the story and the lack of follow up with that story. Last year, they added La Llorona in randomly, throwing the story a bit off (although, that was oddly probably the best part for me). And this year, there isn't much story to speak of and then there's no definite Stab-A-Thon (in order to have a Stab-A-Thon you need for there to be people, um... WATCHING STAB). At least have a TV or projection screen in one of the empty rooms of the hotel and have clips from Scream 4 playing. That could work, I suppose, if you didn't want to have a projection screen outside in the open on the hill or something to the right in front of the Psycho house.

The scareactors were doing great though but the trail before the Psycho House seemed a bit empty in the Woodstock area. And from the hill to the WOTW set, I don't think I saw any Ghostfaces. I know there was an abundance of them in the Bates Motel area but I think it needed some more in that middle area to sell the story/theme. And if they could at all possible, make the tram ABOUT something. You know, how Freddy brought all of your worst fears to life in a nightmare so he could thrive? Or how Jigsaw was testing you and then in the end, you failed and he kills us? This year, it's just "we hear Ghostface is on the sets killing people" and then you get back on the tram, one more thing happens and then it's over. Cue Scream 4 TV spot and The Thing trailer. I just want the story to be more elaborate, like the Scream films. Why is Ghostface truly there? What's their motive? [major spoiler] Why would they kill the tour guide and then let all the people riding the tram go, scott free when before he was killing everyone on the sets? And other than Ghostface, there's no indication that this is Scream. No iconic kills are represented or major characters. These things could EASILY be weaved into the Stab 8 plotline. Dewey, Gale, Sidney - - shit, EVERYONE in the Scream universe EXIST in the Stab universe. That's the POINT. The Stab 8 premise isn't strong enough either and probably shouldn't have been what they gone with considering the canon of the rest of the Stab series (yes, there's a Stab canon). That's just me, a major Scream fan who felt this Terror Tram experience wasn't grounded enough in the universe of Scream and if they were more passionate about the material, they could've had a solid story and an extra set up to make it sell. Everything else was fine, for me but those 2 things really hurt the Terror Tram this year.

ugh i think DTH summed it up as best as we could. In all it was a utter disappointment. Here we are with such a big and major property that was hardly put to use. Im glad to see murdy see's were we are coming from and that he will be working on it this week but quite honestly there will probably be hardly any changes. Unless he goes full out to adding stuff to the TT than nothings really gonna fix the damage thats been done. And honestly i dont think the TT wasnt as good as it could of been because of the same route. That hardly bothered me. And besides the zombies fake film in the WOTW sets the other films were represented so poorly. I guess the plus side of this experience was not having to go through the mummy tunnel. And DTH made a good point.

Why would ghostface only kill the trams spokesperson and leave everyone else to live ? Ugh it seems as if they kind of half assed this.

How else is Ghostface going to make a noise to startle you? The character doesn't talk inside the robe at all. A startle scare couple with a sound is much more effective at making people (in general) jump, then a silent startle scare. Stop thinking of the can as a 'shaker can' and think of it as a 'noise maker', which is what it is.

Actually, Ghostface talks inside the costume in Scream 3 and 4. (for best example of this, see the Scream 3 ending reveal).

Other than that, shaker cans don't bug me too much; just not used to them at HHN. But it was rather funny to see a can in one hand and then a knife in another. Also since it was opening night, I saw on THREE different occasions, a scareactor dropping their can. An especially funny moment was in the WOTW area and a zombie jumped over the wall to scare people on the other side and his can fell. His victim then picked up the can laughing and handed it back to him and he kinda ducked back behind the wall in shame lmao. One thing HHN can do to keep the cans and still "stay classy" is keep the shaker cans on a wrap around the arm hidden under the sleeve. That way when they move the arm rapidly, it'll still make a noise and whatever prop they have can still remain scary, creating a nice startling moment without taking you out of the moment by seeing a shiny can in their hand.

You know what would've REALLY worked though? Some type of sound effect that the knife could make when slicing through the air. Think a lightsaber when you're playing with it and it does that

"vooooooom" noise as you're moving it around. And also a stab sound effect as well when it collides with something or suddenly stops in midair. Once again, think the lightsaber when it makes impact and goes "KISH!!!" Pretty much any scareactor with a knife-like prop would benefit from that. Even if you can barely hear it, it would add to the realism of it all.

Edited by DTH316

i already posted this info in my review thread but imma re-post it again here just in case someone were to skip over it. If you didn't make it out on opening weekend than you missed the fence maze with ghostfaces.They completely took it down and it doesn't look like they'll be putting it back up. Also they added a bunch of sound proof walls in. The route around the bates motel was changed back to the same route from last year through the bates motel. There were more bushmen this time a round and they did a AWESOME job camouflaging with the environment and timing there scares. i got some more scares this time round. Also i noticed they had some sort of mini stadium with lights going on im not sure if it was for filming or whatever it might have been but it didn't relate to the tram. Not sure if these changes were for the better because it shortened the tram experience and quite honestly i think the fence maze area was the best part of the tram. It was the only thing that really some what resembled the "stab 8" sets as it was and now its just kind of eeehhh

Edited by HorrorNights93