RIP passes vs. front of line passes

All I know is the RIP passes will be a shit ton and probably not worth it.

I don't care for the tour at all, I just wanna walk around at my own free-liking.

I just really wish they met half way with us here.

1 Entry FOL - $69.

Unlimited FOL - $129

RIP Experience + Unlimited FOL - $229

First off welcome to the HNN family stageact24 :)

to tell you the truth i would go with neither. Both seem like a RIP off this year lol Seems like universal has been trying to screw us over on the tickets and charging us more. Looks like there main motivation this year is greed for the executives who make the prices. BUT if i had to choose i would go with the RIP experiennce if you have all the money. Its WAY more expensive but you get more benefits out of it than just a FOL pass. I would rather just enjoy myself and walk freely but thats just me

I also would go with neither. The regular tickets are expensive enough and I have never had trouble experiencing all of the mazes, shows, SZs and a couple of rides (as well as grabbing some dinner) without the aide of a FotL pass. I got a laminent from a friend that worked costuming one year and although I suppose it's nice to skip the lines, I actually ended up with lots of downtime. If you are dead set on doing every maze more than once or you will be really sad if you don't ride the Simpsons then by all means, grab a FotL pass but my advise would be to go with some good friends, have some drinks before the event and enjoy your limited time in line as a great set-up for the mazes. Sometimes the wait can build up just enough anticipatory dread to really make the maze experience perfect.

i went with the FOTL this year for the only reason that 2 years ago when we went we did our normal itinerary when we got to the halloween maze (ww) we were in line for exactly 1hr & 53min! it took forever so by the time we got to RHPS it was that last showing that ended 10 min before the last showing of B&T... so we almost missed it thanks to the really cool person working at the door let us in at the last minute... which that year we didnt even to go on any of the rides either... when i go i like to see everything, i dont go to universal alot sometimes only for HHN for the year so i take full advantage of it.. 19 days till i go WooHoo!!!

I did the RIP way back in 2000. It was like a $99 perk on top of admission back then. It was worth it.

Prior to this year, FOTL was essential and a great deal. Now that you can only use it once per house, I cannot recommend it. MAYBE on a non-peak night.

To avoid the lines, your best bet is to get there before the park opens and be the first through the gate. The only problem with that is that they don't open houses right when the gate opens. I remember waiting 15 minutes for Halloween to open. 90% of people will head for Wolfman. Skip Wolfman and Terror Tram and go to one of the other upper lot houses first. Then it's a crapshoot - another upper lot house or the lower lot. Lower lot doesn't get packed until about 60 minutes in. If you are going on a non-peak night, be aware that Terror Tram closes crazy early. Once it closes, the upper lot gets slammed even harder. Wolfman will die down toward the end of the evening. Two mazes in the lower lot may change the crowd patterns down there this year.

Zombieman speaks the truth! In years past I would hit the WWA maze then head down to the lower lot, do the maze and one (or both) of the rides depending on wait times (if a line for a ride is over 10 minutes I am not going to bother at HHN), after enjoying some food at the Jurassic Cafe (or whatever it's called) I would head back upstairs, hit TT, the Shrek maze, then cruise through the SZs and do the T2 maze, ending with HoH (which, like Zombieman said, gets slammed right at opening and usually has no line at all around closing time). This theoretically puts you in the perfect spot for the chainsaw chase-out (although I have never actually been there for that). You can fit B&T in somewhere between mazes once you come back up to the upper lot.

It should also be noted that while there is almost always what appears to be a long line for the TT, the wait time is never very great as the capacity is huge and they are constantly loading people through. As long as you hit TT while it is still operating you can kind of do it at any point in the night. The lines for the lower lot maze(s) and the Shrek maze seem to become the longest late in the evening for whatever reason.

RIP tickets now on sale. 169 and 189, depending on the night.

Also, guess what else they're giving away with it...

Alcohol *GASP*

Hey, HEY! You forgot the "severed 'finger food' "!

But the drinks are only limited to 2 drinks of either beer or wine, might be red wine considering the emphasis on Vampires for it. It's only a matter of time until Hollywood, too, begins to sell a energy drink enriched mixed drink w/blinky cup! Just to wait and see...

Hey, HEY! You forgot the "severed 'finger food' "!

But the drinks are only limited to 2 drinks of either beer or wine, might be red wine considering the emphasis on Vampires for it. It's only a matter of time until Hollywood, too, begins to sell a energy drink enriched mixed drink w/blinky cup! Just to wait and see...

I heard the 2 drinks were in Super Big Gulp cups.