Fright Night Memories?

brose

I didn't see any forum or topic for some of the older horror nights, and I see alot of people here have started attending in the last 10 years or so. (16 was my first and i've been attending every year since). Anyways I've been searching for an old review or at least some memories of the original fright nights and the first few horror nights after it. It's extremely interesting to me the history of the event and unfortunately there isn't too much info online to go on other than names and location of the houses and shows. So if anybody had any memories or reviews of the first few horror nights, i'd love to hear you faded memories of them! Thanks!

Fright Nights and the few years following it were a much different breed of the event you've seen over the past decade or so. Imagine only one haunted house and the wait time that went with it, the random scare zone, scare actors allowed to chase you, guests being allowed to wear costumes, musical acts galore....needless to say, the event has evolved tremendously since 1991! :)

• 1 year later...

1997. I was 10 years of age.

Visited the event with my mother.

Found a fog machine at the west entrance of the Midway of the Bizarre scarezone and began to root around in the miasma. While I was distracted a scareactor came from behind and looped a plastic (I hope it was!) sickle around my neck and barked "THAT LOOKS LIKE A ALOTTA FUN, DOESN'T IT!?". I meekly responded with "yes...yes it does" before the figure stepped back into the shadow and into my memory forever.

• Like 2