HHN 2011: House of 1000 Corpses in 3D

HorrorNights93

Well heres my opinion/review on HOTC returning in zombie vision -_- lol well heres the thing. HOTC was our only NEW maze last year (discluding vampryes) So in all honestly i was looking forward to this maze. Never been a rob zombie fan nor watched through the full movie of this so i didnt know what to expect. What caught my eye on this was a 3D maze....sounds neat right ? Universal Studios Hollywood: Halloween Horror Nights brings to you its first ever 3D maze. Now i went through one at knotts...worst i've ever seen might i add. So now that i look back on it this maze wasnt that bad. If i had to choose a repeat from the year 2010 hands down it would be HOTC. I found it more appealing than Vampryes and would anyone in true honesty want the rest to return -_- So i'll take it this year especially having 5 other new mazes to look forward to..or not :blink: i even have a feeling murdy might take out and add a few scenes to enhance the scare factor. I have to say im bummed on getting a repeat but hey it was the highest rated maze last year. Also if hhn86987 see's this we will not be getting a devil rejects maze.

@HorrorNights Should have done a Devil's Reject house. But it's nice to see Zombie back again.

@ItsTheBoat We talked about that with Rob but HOTC works better as a maze

Oh, SURPRISE, SURPRISE.

This maze is worth another shot, it was such a dud for me last year when I went. I'm hoping the scarefactor is UPPED immensely.

And this is the THIRD time Rob is throwing HOTC at Universal.

Like seriously, you got nothing else, dude?

Any word on any new scenes?

Oh, SURPRISE, SURPRISE.

This maze is worth another shot, it was such a dud for me last year when I went. I'm hoping the scarefactor is UPPED immensely.

not confirmed by murdy yet if so. I asked him on twitter and i dont think he responded to it.

not confirmed by murdy yet if so. I asked him on twitter and i dont think he responded to it.

He actually did comment. You have to look through the tweets, but he basically said that there will not be very many changes done to HoTC. Oh well. I only got to go through it one time last year so it won't be too bad for me.

I find it interesting that they took Rob Zombie's name out of there. The official name is now House of 1000 Corpses: In 3D ZombieVision.

Yes, in fact, the maze has been confirmed. Murdy tweeted it and the facebook page did a status update.

Still waiting for the HHN website to show four mazes announced though.

Can we get a mod to fix that spelling error in the title and to fully show the name? I'm weirdly OCD like that lol

It's funny, this is the one video on youtube that you can actually watch since it's not so dark so I've seen it at least a dozen times, yet I still anticipate this more than WTMN.

This was easily my favorite maze last year. I know some people here didn't like it too much, but for me it was alot of fun. That said I have already done this around 5 times last year. But if something had to return, I'm glad its this. And I think 5 new mazes plus a new tram a year is enough, at the quality universal does it at.

This was easily my favorite maze last year. I know some people here didn't like it too much, but for me it was alot of fun. That said I have already done this around 5 times last year. But if something had to return, I'm glad its this. And I think 5 new mazes plus a new tram a year is enough, at the quality universal does it at.

couldnt say it better myself. Yes i would of loved for them to have a ALL NEW year but if i had to choose a repeat from last year it would be HOTC. Although a Halloween 3D maze would of been cool :D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, SURPRISE, SURPRISE.

I asked murdy about that and he said that the Rob Zombie maze in 2000 (i think) wasnt the same as 2010s maze. The movie wasn't even made yet so it was more of a original concept.

The movie was made, just not released. Universal was going to distribute it until they dropped it because it got an NC-17 rating.

Lionsgate picked it up after many recuts, it got an R rating and was finally released in 2003.

The maze was based off the film and was basically a cross-promotion until ofcourse... it never came out.

• 1 month later...

Ha, that's awesome! I'm counting on it, considering the relationship him and Murdy have now. I don't mind as long as it means HOTC isn't coming back. But even though I know nothing of the movie visually, from what it's about, I think it would make a pretty cool maze.

Was it a poster with an actual image and logo on it or was it just text?

^It was actually a legit poster. It had one of the Salem guys on there complete with the logo. On the bottom, it read 2012. I better stop here before this strays off into a speculation thread....or worse, a thread about how it may be similar to a Knott's maze. :blink:

ahahaah freak i noticed the poster to on my last visit. i didnt notice it opening weekend though. Ugh like DTH says as longs as its NOT hotc im all for it. I know nothing of the concept or anyting either yet so i cant really visualize how it would go. I was figuring if we were to get another 3D maze next year it would be based on his halloween movie coming out in 3d next year. hmm who knows i guess well just see how this goes....back to the HOTC thread :D there was a incident that occurred last week . I guess some guy and his friends were causing problems somewhere in the maze. Security came and handled it rather quickly and the maze resumed