• Hellraiser
  2. 2. Other Changes

• 1 or 2 more shows in either Animal Actors or WaterWorld
    • Get Rid of The Pigs
    • More Sliders
    • Sliders Back In The Lower Lot
    • At Least 1 Original Maze
    • 6 Mazes
    • Terror Tram Providing The Back Story For The Event (I.E. Nightmare Tour, Live Or Die)
    • King Kong 360 Skull Island Express Return
    • Lesss Water Gag
    • change up or Extend Terror Tram
    • Bring Back The Flasher
    • Use Either Director OR Usher
    • Major Change To HOH for HHN
    • Queue Videos!
    • FFP/KND Express Pass
    • More FFP/KND Nights
    • More Atmosphere For T2 Venue Maze
    • 1-2 House Max Body Bag Room
    • Jurassic Park In The Dark Overlay (Scaractors)
    • Bungee Effect

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't understand anybody wanting Orlando's leftovers like people asking for an Orlando's Icon maze. Seriously, that just sounds stupid. Nobody over here would give a flying shit about that, especially me. I don't know those characters and that's definitely not a good way to introduce them to me. I think Murdy is right trying to distance ourselves from them and making our own event instead of copying crap from them which honestly doesn't sound that great to begin with.

yea and thats why orlandos hhn is the #1 haunt in the country????

Due to size, number of nights and adult tourists leftover from Disneyworld, sure, let's believe the originality is why it's #1 :)

DTH, I went to Orlando's event last year and believe me when I say that IT KICKED HOLLYWOOD'S BUTT...HARD. I was completely blown away by the originality and AWESOME scares and sets that the event provided. Havoc may not have been very detailed, but it was dark and scary as heck! You can't tell me crazy people with gas masks getting in your face under a strobe light isn't scary, because it IS! Same with Hades, except the sets were extremely detailed being that it was in a sound stage.

Yet we come to Hollywood and find Freddy and Jason repeated FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW, Saw FOR A SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, Terror Tram going pretty-much unchanged FOR THE FIFTH YEAR IN A ROW, and several scarezones reused FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW. While Hollywood is a great event (even at its worst it descent), it still doesn't compare to the awesomeness that is Orlando's event. Even though I like the "I recognize that scene" feeling that the Hollywood mazes provide, but I want it to provide more than just walking through movie scenes if they're going to compete with Orlando. I want Hollywood to provide at least one new maze that would offer a "completely unexpected" feeling that an original maze would offer.

The scareactor is attached to a bungee, stands in the shadows and comes lunging at guests. Its a really amazing scare.

Here is a small quick example @ 2:40

Bungee scaractors really depend on the layout of how they jump down or at you. In general I like them but some can be quite a bit better than others.

Off topic - what song is in this video/where can you find some of the Halloween Rock background music?

Interesting topic here.

Terror tram: I feel that that portion of the event was pretty cheesy for the most part of 2010. Almost kinda like things were rushed together at a moments notice. With a whole year ahead before the next year im sure Universal can put together a better scheme then what they had for 2010.

Actors: Seems like there weren't as many as the past years. Both mazes and scare zones. For being a multi billion dollar company holding this event every year I think universal can fork out a little bit more money to hire more people to be characters.

Mazes: Que wait times drastically need too be fixed some how or if not, add 1 more maze or as i keep pushing for if more days and start the event at 6pm - 2am like florida has. That way there's no pissed off guest thats gotta be turned away due too tickets being sold out by noon on some days.

Park Atmosphere: The scare zone atmosphere and scenic were pretty well decorated in the upper lot. but the park kinda lacks the spirit of Halloween during the day at least i think so. Like some of you mentioned before have pumpkins setup around the park, or universals classic horror characters roam the park during the day.

Overall in my opinion - lessen the Que wait lines, ( i mean some people travel far and wide just too attend this event every year and for the money they fork out too see the attractions etc people start getting irritated having too wait 2 hrs just too walk through something that takes less then 9 min to go through anybody would get frustrated.)

As mentioned above also is too add more actors in both the streets and mazes.

And be more festive with the decorations for the upper lot and lower lot.