• Hellraiser
  2. 2. Other Changes

• 1 or 2 more shows in either Animal Actors or WaterWorld
    • Get Rid of The Pigs
    • More Sliders
    • Sliders Back In The Lower Lot
    • At Least 1 Original Maze
    • 6 Mazes
    • Terror Tram Providing The Back Story For The Event (I.E. Nightmare Tour, Live Or Die)
    • King Kong 360 Skull Island Express Return
    • Lesss Water Gag
    • change up or Extend Terror Tram
    • Bring Back The Flasher
    • Use Either Director OR Usher
    • Major Change To HOH for HHN
    • Queue Videos!
    • FFP/KND Express Pass
    • More FFP/KND Nights
    • More Atmosphere For T2 Venue Maze
    • 1-2 House Max Body Bag Room
    • Jurassic Park In The Dark Overlay (Scaractors)
    • Bungee Effect

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Murdy said on Twitter that the Jurassic Park overspill queue would be the next location he want to put the sixth maze at. I told you guys repeatedly on the Vault that the JP queue would make a good maze location. Plus, Murdy said that's where he was originally going to put HoTC, but then the KK Express came up.

As much as I love the KK ride, I don't want it back for HHN. I'd rather have a sixth maze than to have that back. Also, I'm just curious why you put Paranormal Activity on there? :huh:

I agree. Why is Paranormal Activity on the list? I don't see how it would translate to a maze or scare zone, besides the fact it was a HORRIBLE movie. Was there more than 10 minutes of "scary" scenes in that movie? Does anyone actually think it was scary? I want those 2 hours of my life back...

KK360 is neat and the technology/experience was cool but not worth a 40 minute wait. Also I don't see myself going back to watch it again. Maybe if it was less than 10 minute wait. I personally don't think it fits the theme of HHN.

You know what, a part of me wants KK360 to return (though I still stand by it not being worth the wait) to eat up lines because let's be honest: HHN is crazy crowded. Great for Universal's revenue, bad for guests who want to do everything! I liked that KK360 was basically filler for HHN and ate up a good amount of guests for awhile.

But then there's JP's beautiful and spacious queue which is undoubtedly maze potential- which KK360 utilized. :angry: You know, even if a maze was used in JP's overlay, where would the potential maze's queue go? Would it be the main queue used for Jurassic park? I wouldn't want Jurassic park to be sacrificed, especially with the potential it has to be customized for Halloween Horror Nights.

About KK360, I want it to reappear again as filler at HHN. But I'd also like Jurassic Park AND a 6th maze at it's queue.. Bear with me on this one, but what if the queue for Waterworld was utilized for KK360..? It's an odd idea, but guests could be picked up by the tram at an area by Gibson's if there is a way safe for guests to travel from the queue to an area accessible by tram without the guests having to endure a seriously long walk. It'd be a bit of an extended ride on the tram, but the Terror Tram isn't exactly a short ride before you get off. :)

In no way would I see Universal going that far out of the way, all the way by Waterworld, for KK360 haha. I don't think a tram could even make it over in that area since the ampitheater is in the way and all the tram's driving area is down a hill from the rest of the park. I do like that it eats up crowds. As for where the JP overspill maze queue would go, it'd basically be the up and over the Jurassic Cove like KK360 was and back down into half the line of JP and then after going straight forward would be the entrance to the maze. With the theory in mind that more mazes and shows eats up more people so there is less lines, all that would be needed would be the patio of the cove to be used as queue to work.

I'm sorry, Grindhouse. You know I respect your opinions, but this poll just feeds Murdy with the same ideas that has made HHN Hollywood into a low-rent haunt.

"At least one more original maze"? Seriously?

You'd be happy if Murdy brought back TCM, MBV, F13, and Chucky in their own mazes yes again, as long as he gave us ONE original maze?

That's setting the bar way too low for this once-great Halloween event. I've seen consensus in other threads that Murdy has run this place into the ground. I've argued that he painted himself in a corner this year as well: Falsely calling 100% of the attractions "All NEW!" when in fact 20% was new. HHN is not Knotts, yet it is being run as if it was.

How about this for a choice in the poll - FIVE original-concept houses. After this year, we are owed at least that.Hell, I'd be ecstatic if they used the best houses from HHN Orlando past. And as much as you guys think you wouldn't enjoy that - trust me, you would cream your pants to walk through Hellgate Prison, Body Collectors, Screamhouse, or Scary Tales.

Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood will always primarily have movie mazes, and thats the way it should be . Its Hollywood , why do it any other way? Yes I know John Murdy is repeating icons, but that can change. If we start to actually get new movie properties into HHNH , our event can surpass Orlando's event, without a doubt. The quality of our mazes are generally better than theres. Having original- concept houses is like throwing a full rack of pork ribs on a Jewish persons plate. IT JUST ISN'T RIGHT. Anyways, if we did get an original maze, I rather get one based off of Freakz or basically anything not from Orlando.

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't understand anybody wanting Orlando's leftovers like people asking for an Orlando's Icon maze. Seriously, that just sounds stupid. Nobody over here would give a flying shit about that, especially me. I don't know those characters and that's definitely not a good way to introduce them to me. I think Murdy is right trying to distance ourselves from them and making our own event instead of copying crap from them which honestly doesn't sound that great to begin with.

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't understand anybody wanting Orlando's leftovers like people asking for an Orlando's Icon maze. Seriously, that just sounds stupid. Nobody over here would give a flying shit about that, especially me. I don't know those characters and that's definitely not a good way to introduce them to me. I think Murdy is right trying to distance ourselves from them and making our own event instead of copying crap from them which honestly doesn't sound that great to begin with.

Exactly :) Honestly , our event will come out on top . Their icons are okay, but I don't care about them at all either.

I agree 100%! though i do like orlando's icons i dont feel we need to use them for our event to be awesome like theirs! the thing about us doing movies is what makes our event unique. I wouldnt be mad if we got an orlando icons maze because their icons are really cool, but it would make no sense what-so-ever to anybody else. If were to use actuall icons like orlando's i think we should make our own. why not make the ringmaster one of our icons? or design some other characters to be icons if people want icons like orlando's so bad. that way were at least not just taking orlando's sloppy seconds. i think if people like orlando so much, why not take the money you use at hollywood to go to orlando or stay at orlando longer? im sorry zombieman but this event is based around horror movie characters not orlando's event characters or originial concepts, and if you have the money to go to orlando and you think hollywood's event is crap then why spend your money to go to hollywood's event when you could use that money for an extra night in orlando? Me on the other hand, i am very content with our smaller hollywood event with the time being.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel the love getting sucked out of this thread :(

Doing movie-based houses is hardly unique. Most second or third-rate events around the country rely heavily on movie based themes. Without many exceptions, its the original themes that make #1 events across the country. Dead Acres, Netherworld, The Darkness, The Beast, Realm of Darkness, Headless Horseman, Bates Motel..... Most of these guys started out doing movie based events because they were cheap and easy. Once they graduated to using their own ideas, the events exploded.

Look, I'm hating on Murdy 70% because he keeps bring back the same crap year after year, and touts it as "all new". The other 30% is a dislike for movie themes in general, as I don't see any creative element in re-creating sets or scenes from a movie. Even if Murdy brought you a Trick 'R Treat house next year, how can you possibly call that original? If you know the movie scene by scene, what's the fun of knowing exactly what's going to happen, even your first time through? Sorry, but that concept is totally lost on me.

I'll repeat this for the 10th time: If you got out to Orlando's event lately, you'd be expecting a hell of a lot more from Hollywood. I'd love to spend half of October out there, except that the humidity would turn me into a raisin.

I spent about 5 nights at HHN Hollywood because of the ultra-cheap season pass. It just sucked damn hard this year. I don't know why I kept going back - when the music on the escelator is the best part of the event, it should tell you something...

I know you guys think I'm wishing HHN Hollywood to be something that it's not, but I disagree with that premise. If Murdy was in charge of Orlando, they'd be an all-movie theme place, and if Michael Roddy were in charge of Hollywood, it would be a mostly-original concept place. So I don't buy for a second that "Hollywood is where the movies are and HHN will always be about the movies". Total bullshit. As long as HHN Hollywood keeps travelling down this path, I don't see the day when anyone from Orlando is jealous of a house in Hollywood. COULD HHN Hollywood be a better event than Orlando? Hell YEAH! But under Murdy (the guy who hasn't changed the Terror Tram in 5 years), it never will be.

One more thing - if Hollywood has such better resources - access to archives, props, and a million out of work actors (waiters), then why does our B&T show suck year after year compared to Orlando's? It's the same script. Same everything. Hell, 90% of the people the show parodies live in Hollywood. But ours just sucks. Not funny, bad pacing, you name it. Orlando's RHPS blew ours away, too. You'd think that being Hollywood, we'd at least be able to do our shows better than them. Could the problem possibly lie with whoever is directing the shows? DING! DING! DING! I know Murdy isn't the show director, but it does go to my point - the person in charge makes or breaks the event.

One more thing - if Hollywood has such better resources - access to archives, props, and a million out of work actors (waiters), then why does our B&T show suck year after year compared to Orlando's? It's the same script. Same everything. Hell, 90% of the people the show parodies live in Hollywood. But ours just sucks. Not funny, bad pacing, you name it. Orlando's RHPS blew ours away, too. You'd think that being Hollywood, we'd at least be able to do our shows better than them. Could the problem possibly lie with whoever is directing the shows? DING! DING! DING! I know Murdy isn't the show director, but it does go to my point - the person in charge makes or breaks the event.

We know already that HHNH would be much better if we dropped the The all movie based thing but its a loosing battle even if we were all on this thread banded togather and demanded something Original it would be the equivelent to Blowing bubbles at an Armored Tank, HHNH makes money with Murdy's way of running the show so its better just to let it roll and at least bitch more on the repeat factor over this its the lesser of 2 evils.

and BTW havnt Our Bill and Ted beat out Orlando's this year? I know the first year was not all that great but honestly we seemed to have a handle on it and everytime I go I enjoy it and so do the the rest of the crowd

To me this year NEEDED alot of improvement ! I'll name a few for next year. I would like at least 13 nights on the FFP but keeping it at $60 is good for me :-P. More shows, scarezones, MAZES, extended and new terror tram and NO REPEATS! Yes i will continue to complain about those ! This year was a similar feel of deja vu in 2008. New maze, same old characters....BORING! And why not more originality ? I'm not saying a ALL originality park like orlando just like 1 or 2 mazes based more on their creative minds with good environments and a backstory. To me HoH overlay should be original annually to expand the enviroment and not trapping ourselves on a carnival scenery in the HoH for example. I'm not against movie based houses at all. Our HHN should be known as the best on this coast because of movies and not as a replicate of Orlando. Although with movie based houses you can only think so far. And Murdy is bound to run out of ideas so he will have to learn it the hard way and maybe our park will adjust.

• 4 weeks later...

So question??? Why is eveyone wanting to see trick or treat this year??? The plot is so confusing and the whole movie was pretty much based on kids??? Whats so special about it ????

I wasn't a big fan of the film either, but the reason we want it so bad is because it is about the spirit of Halloween itself; to have TrT would have an event actually revolved around something that would live up to its name. Halloween Horror Nights. :)

So question??? Why is eveyone wanting to see trick or treat this year??? The plot is so confusing and the whole movie was pretty much based on kids??? Whats so special about it ????

well there wasnt a plot to it it was just 4 storys that happened that night, I agree with freak that it envokes Halloween alot and what do you mean based on kids? I hope you didnt mean that it was kids movie.

The reason I want trick r treat is it adds variety. In florida, you have ghost mazes, greek mythology mazes, zombie mazes, ect. But in Hollywood, maze variety is virtually nonexistent. Slasher, slasher slasher. Trick r treat would be a very refreshing change of pace in that you could have werewolves, children and the like. Even the typical slasher-esque character (the principal) is something you wouldn't usually see. And the plot isnt too confusing if you realize its being told in a non-linear fashion.

...The plot is so confusing and the whole movie was pretty much based on kids???

Just an FYI, South Park is based on kids. That doesn't make it a "bad" show. :)

well there wasnt a plot to it it was just 4 storys that happened that night, I agree with freak that it envokes Halloween alot and what do you mean based on kids? I hope you didnt mean that it was kids movie.

^^^See my comment above.

The reason I want trick r treat is it adds variety. In florida, you have ghost mazes, greek mythology mazes, zombie mazes, ect. But in Hollywood, maze variety is virtually nonexistent. Slasher, slasher slasher. Trick r treat would be a very refreshing change of pace in that you could have werewolves, children and the like. Even the typical slasher-esque character (the principal) is something you wouldn't usually see. And the plot isnt too confusing if you realize its being told in a non-linear fashion.

Didn't think about that Nightcrawler, but you're right! Not to mention there would be plenty of variety in the maze itself. You could have Sam, as the slasher, the warewolves and vampires, the zombie kids, and the trick or treaters as well. Just those four elements would create such a fantastic maze.