Grindhousehero13's HHN10 Review In Z poping Zombi-Vision

Grindhousehero13

Ok I went this past Friday, first time I bought my tickets the day of the event, I bought them at Ralphs that morning, originaly I was supposed to go with my Girlfriend but after some random events we ended up on a break from each other so I went with my brother and 3 friends instead, Was I bummed at first? yes but nothing Freddy's Girls cant cure, :) so we took pictures with them and mad it in time to see the ending of the Ringmaster's opening and we enjoyed Klownz and La Llerona, we were heading to the lower lot when some workers outside of Bill and Ted offered us Free Front of the line passes to Saw and King Kong if we watched the first Bill and Ted so we enjoyed that epicness just be let down by SAW, after Saw we got on King Kong 360 and got to see a trailer for The Thing Prequel and they made it more Halloween related by talking about universal monsters and showing a montage of Horror leading into a speach about king kong, as for the attraction itself loved it! Super fun hope they use it again next year, afterwards we were starving so we ate at the jurassic Cafe totaly eating there again next year the Brookie (mix of a cookie and brownie) was awsome. We decided since Bill and Ted threw off our plans that we would stay away from JP and Mummy this year so we headed out of the lower lot wreck of a scare zone and headed up to the Terror Tram. Terror Tram was a blast freaking bush people sacre the crap out of me now though haha, after The weakist TT ever we hit NOES, with a whoaping 45 minutes wait, then after that while HOTC and and F13 were 60 mintues each we went into Vampyre and walked straight in loads of fun and scares and hot vamp chicks lol, when we got out everything was still a 60 min wait so my friends wanted to do simpsons untill the lines let up.....Bad move after a 45 minute wait the times remained unchanged so we hit our last maze HOTC which was amazing to say the least love the facade but i almost threw up with the Fried Chicken smell lol so after we got out it was 2:10 and we rushed to get in to the last Bill and Ted and on the way saw Trev's Freakz battle The Nazi Dolls great job guys and I give props to them for being the only scarzone active and on top of there game We caught the last showing of Bill & Ted and hit the only store open just in time got my HOTC HHN Shirt and HHN Hoodie and headed out the gates at 3:30 so all in all good night could of been way better but awsome none the less.

Final Thoughts:

The Addition of the 5th maze and King kong 360 was awsome nice move on Murdy's part plus the added scare-actors in dead areas helped alot even with the lack of SA this year, Too much this year felt too redone if Murdy wants to realy blow us away next IMHO he would keep the 5 maze ratio brand new properties but if he absolutly had to repeat a maze (I dont recomend it though) I ould say he pick HOTC and not any of the other 3 since it has only been at the event once, 2nd I would realy like at least 1 other show in either Animal Actors or Water World since SW cant come back unless something is done with the noise complaints, I hope Murdy goes back to haveing the Terror Tram being the center of the Storyline again because that was a major Flaw with this year, The Merch selection was fantastic this year keep this up uni, I miss the HHN Fast Food Cups please bring them to Carls Jr. next year so lady and gents this is my take on HHN 2010: What Fear Fears Most!

Edited by Grindhousehero13

Wow, I can't believe you missed out on F13. That stinks. That was my second favorite with HoTC being first. I really hope next year Murdy doesn't plan on returning anything since I really want all-new next year. Even HollywoodGothique and the LA Times acknowledge that! Plus, the Terror Tram needs to be apart of the storyline, not its own separate beast.

Also Grind, if you can and if you don't live too terribly far from Long Beach, you should go to Queen Mary's Dark Harbor. It's a really cool haunt! I posted a review in the Haunt section.