No spoiler Review and house order suggestion

Justman1020

Well, after goin for four nights, I'm finally ready to write my review. Bear with me as I'm typing this on my iPhone as I had to ioa. 

This event rates somewhere between not as good as last year but much better then 08. 

Houses:::overall I felt the houses were very well done with good scares, there is no house I would recomend skipping. 

Legendary truth:: 

Amazing house very well done. The special effects are key for this house. In fact, this perticular house has what I would say are the best special effects I've ever seen from Halloween horror nights. Without them, this house would be nothing. 

With that being said, the unfortunate thing is this house is all about timing. It's very time oriented and feels that if you miss one special effect, you unfortunately miss them all. 

The first scene is my personal favorite and I won't ruin anything except to say look down. 

6/10

Psychoscarepy:: I had my doubts with this house,and in my first two visits, only went thru once. With that being said last night, I made it thru this house four times. (in a row) and It is if not my favorite house then easily my second favorite. 

It is obviously a rehash, but the scareactors do a great job. The third and fourth time thru this house was for pure comedic relief. (thanks sinister...Jesus got your spoon) and I was laughing hysterically as I walked thru alone since the park was close to closing. 

The jail scene is one of my favorite this year, as well as the electric chair. I heard many people behind me screaming as they watched a man get a shock...

9/10. 

Hades:: this house was one of my least favorites till recently. I am still rather dissapointed that there's no fire, no devil, and no hades...in hades. The scareactors that are there however, do a great job of making you feel like you've entered into a monstrous underworld, I would love for them to have filled hades chair though as I felt it was a huge hole in the plot. 

4/10

Zombiegedon:: this is the comedic house of the year. Fun fact:: there's a refrence to zombieland in the first scene the gun store, on the bottom of the gun case counter a sign says "free Twinkie with every gun purchase" also, jack is visible in this house in the carnival room on one of the carnival stands is his face. (more on jack later) I missed the apparent "crash" of the float the first time thru here but when I caught onto that it made this house much more enjoyable and is the only house tied directly to a scare zone this year. I could t help but think of Shaun of the dead and zombieland as I went thru this house. 

5/10 (I'm not much for comedy at a horror event)

Orfanage:: I felt the set of this house was amazing considering it being in the jaws que. I really did get the feeling of an orfanage that had been burnt to the ground and really enjoyed the Char smell and the fire out of the window scene. The major lacking in this house however is the scareactors. They are to far and few in between for me to find this house scary. 

6/10

Havoc:: I was really looking forward to havoc this year. It was a great idea and it was very well played. My biggest complaint is it's the exact same layout as spawninf and even uses a lot of left overs from spawning. The scareactors are doing an amazing job of hitting their ques perfectly in this house and really making you feel like the government really messed up this project. 

7/10

Catacombs:: the set of this house really is amazing.  I get the feeling I'm in a catacomb when I'm in the house. The doctors are doing a great job as well in really making me feel like I'm doomed. The first time thru this house, I actually got lost. I don't like the fact that there's a point where you think your done then you go thru one last room. I also don't like that you don't have time to read the sign once you think you are done, it's like a lost piece of art that everyone misses because the op rushes people along. Overall this is a good house. 

7/10

Hallowed past:: my personal favorite this year. There are not many scares in this house because it's more of a trip down memory lane type thing but the scares that are there are epic. Every time I go thru this house I see something new, and the first and last room (the warehouse scenes are awe inspiring to see how far things have come. My personal favorite scene in the "house" is the body collector spine scene. The only complaint I have is they used a lot of scenes from 08 which as I have said many times is my least fav year and they didn't really spread the love thru this house. 

9/10

Scare zones::

20 years of fear/prop warehouse:: I feel as though this is more of a photo op then anything. The scareactors get the occasional scare and when they get the opportunity they take it but most people are more interested on grabing a few pix with their favorite character. Fear is very dissapointing ad I heard someone say "I have no reason to fear a guy on stilts with curtains over his back." and they are right. It isn't scary. At all. And he roams around so it is difficult to get a picture with him though I finally managed one. 

4/10

Saws and steam:: the best scare zone this year. The scareactors do a great job, though sometimes it feels very crowded and stuffed, and the large amounts of fog don't help in such close area but it is still impressive and the glowing goggles of the scareactors in the alley are creepy. 

8/10

The coven:: a witch hunt type area. This scare zone could have been better, but the scareactors don't seem motivated. They mostly follow you thru the zone just staring. Worth seeing? Yes. Worth spending lots of time in? No. See it as you walk thru. 

3/10

Los meurtos:: I think that's what it is anyways. The really bright one straight ahead when you enter the park. This is a fun scare zone. The costumes are amazing and brightly colored. The two people on stilts at the beginning give a menacing presence. Its bright and playful yet still the scareactors manage to be slightly creepy. 

7/10

Zombiegeaws:: this ties into zombiegeddon perfectly. It's a fun scare zone. Slightly creepy at times, and it's the only zone that is linked directly to a house (the float crash into the house) definitely worth seeing yet still not my favorite n

6/10  

Shows::

Bill and teds totally terrible adventure:: ok that's not the real name of the show, I felt this show was nothing compared to last year. See it only if youve done everything you want to do. The plot and jokes were very dry this year. No jokes ran into each other, so it was very one sided and heres a punch line ok next joke. Terrible compared to last year. 

3/10

Brian brushwood:: this show was amazing. Brian did a good job of drawing the crowd in and using many volunteers. His tricks are entertaining and non stop. He has 2 different shows this year, see them both. They are both great.  I found his show funnier than bill and Ted this year. He is also very friendly and very down to earth. 

8/10

Closing thoughts:: I am disappointed in fear as I mentioned in the scare zone tied to him, and I feel he is over shadowed by jack, who appears 6 times in the park. (photo op, screen at beginning, hallowed past, psychoscarepy, zombiegeddon, and 20 years of fear scare zone) I was looking forward to fear being a new and creepy frightening icon, but that expectation was crushed and destroyed. The event is still good, just not as good as I was hoping. The houses are still worth seeing. 

The lines::I feel the pulsing is good when there Aren't large crowds, but the crowds are growing as the event is continuing and it's terrible. Even the express pass lines are long. Next year I hope they limit the number of fast passes sold. 

And the best order to do houses to beat the crowds::  crowd mentality is do the first house we see, so to beat the crowds I've found doing hades first, followed by going straight into psychoscarepy then hitting legendary truth you end up ahead of the crowds. Followed by Hallowed past. (it comes out near catacombs,) then do catacombs which comes out by havoc allowing you to do havoc right away, and finally orphanage. This should allow you to do every house and see all the shows/scare zones.