Team Evil Dead

As most of you know here there is a team trick r treat, which I think would be a great house. However, after walking through the Wild West Stage this year into Crystal Lake I realized how huge the potential is for an awesome evil dead maze. The forest, the cabins, the caverns all fit evil dead perfectly. The forest part would be the haunted forest, shrouded in fog where the plants and trees would attack guests and there would be a censored scene of the "tree rape" scene.

The cabin would be where all the zombie mayhem would be with zombies popping out of everywhere. In fact we'll throw in some evil dead 2 and have the moose head scare the hell out of people walking buy while being mercilessly attacked by zombies from everywhere.

The caverns would be converted into the basement where the book is burned. THe zombies would still be here and there could be a firse scent so that guests would understand the burnt book and its significance.

As you can see this house would essentially be perfect for the area and be an awesome zombie house, which is a theme Hollywood has not used as a house, and has only ever been used in the Terror Tram and Shaun of the dead. Ultimately everything is set up well, and I honestly believe this could be a stunning house.

Hell, they could even do what they did with Friday the 13th and play the professor reading from the spell book in the que, tying the curse together. This house would be awesome and terrifying!

Anyone else agree? This just seems so doable, it would be scary, and it would be based on a cult classic and great zombie film!

My good sir, I have been trying to rally Evil Dead ever since the event restarted and I agree with you completely. This would be the best maze of all time, HANDS DOWN. If Murdy is having trouble figuring out how to do it, trust me, I will help out because I can see the entire thing in my head from start to finish grabbing awesome parts from all 3 movies PLUS original kills, scenes & etc to make an epic maze.

Oh and by the way, they're not zombies - they're possessed :)

^ True, but most people consider evil dead to be a zombie film. I can plan a damn good event... check out my post in previews for my terror tram concept. Another cool horror franchise that can be made awesome. Although that one(based on children of the corn) would be significantly tweaked so that the back lot scenes make sense.

My good sir, I have been trying to rally Evil Dead ever since the event restarted and I agree with you completely.

So have I! I don't know how many times I've pestered Murdy over Twitter with this suggestion, or how many times I wrote up possible ways an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness maze would work back in the old Vault "HHN 200X suggestion" threads.... We can only hope Murdy will give in one year.

And I don't think it's TOO much of a concern to get good Ash/Bruce Campbell look-alikes. I mean, they did Shaun well enough, and Dr. Loomis. Besides, it's a dark event, just put "Ash" in really dark rooms. No one will notice. B)

So JM tweeted the other day that he is working on plans for 2011 and asked for suggestions. I replied with (among other ideas) Army of Darkness on Terror Tram. A perfect fit I think. His response, I would love to do AOD if I can get the rights. Now is the time to rally the troops on this idea if you really want to see it happen. DDLC was the original production company for ED 2 and Universal purchased most of the DDLC catalog and released the DVD copies so it would seem that the right should be easy to obtain. Make your support for the idea known.

• 3 months later...

Thought I would wipe the dust off this thread since an Evil Dead maze is starting to become more and more likely for this year. I really hope they have have this maze for this year being it would be a great for the WWW arena.

Being that the locations are just the woods and the cabin (From the first two films), I'm sure Murdy will also include a transition into the Army of Darkness portion being that's the movie everybody is familiar with.

For all those who are wise, demand Evil Dead for HHN and shop smart... shop S-Mart.

Seriously, my reaction to this news ever being announced would be SQUEAL! TEAR! JUMP IN JOY! TELL EVERY SINGLE PERSON I KNOW. PLAN TO BE THERE FIRST DAY WITH FOL AND LAST WEEK (well that last part only pertains to if Scream is included as well)

Edited by DTH316

• 5 months later...

It sounds like there are a lot of fans on here. But honestly it doesnt sound like that good of a maze to me. At all me and my brother would noth hate to c thst movie at hhn can someone plz explain to me how it could b a good maze? There are a lot more moviesvthat could b really good mazes I dnt think that this is one of them. And also people r saying tjat scream cnt b done cause its to funny. Well evil dead 3 says rigjt on wiki and other sites that its a comedic horror.

• 1 year later...

^ Yeah, I sadly don't think we will see The Evil Dead at HHN as long as the rights sit with Sam Raimi and Ghost House Pictures (and I personally think he should never ever ever give them up... Which I'm sure he won't). All of Ghost House Pictures films have been released under a Sony company banner... And Sony has a history of going Knott's for tie in haunted attractions (The Grudge 2 anyone?)

Well I always thought Disney was a given... I have always wondered if we would ever see Fox at HHN if only to see an "Alien" maze... But then, Fox has ties with the Disney Parks, so it would probably be a long shot to see them lease properties to the Universal Parks... And as I said, Sony has a history of working with Knott's. I don't see that changing.

An evil dead house could be a really original house. Instead of having the traditional walk through maze. Universal could build 10 seperate rooms all done up like the evil dead cabin, Guests walk into one of these rooms Lights start flickering, a Tree comes through the window, the trap door raises. a wind machine blows wind into the cabin spooky noises, etc etc.