• 20 - 29% (F--)
    • 30 - 39% (F-)
    • 40 - 49% (F)
    • 50 - 59% (F+)
    • 60 - 69% (D-, D, D+)
    • 70 - 79% (C-, C, C+)
    • 80 - 89% (B-, B, B+)
    • 90 - 100% (A-, A, A+)

I'll give my own little review afterward. I'm also doing this in retrospective in comparison to the other years to look at the event as a whole instead of just looking at that year alone.

Title: Live Your Worst Nightmare

Icon: Freddy Krueger

Mazes:

Universal's House of Horrors: Meet The Strangers [HOH]

A Nightmare on Elm Street: Home Sweet Hell [shrek Venue]

Friday the 13th: Camp Blood [WWW Venue]

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Back in Business [behind the Mummy]

Terror Tram: The Nightmare Tour

Scarezones:

The Nightmare Begins... [Entrance]

The Black Death [French Street]

The Dead Shall Rise [New York Street]

Deadwood [Western Street]

The Dark Streets of London [London Street]

Revenge of the Pigs [Lower Lot]

The Strangers [Coke Soak]

ok so this year was awsome/dull

ok so SlaughterWorld was Finaly AWSOME, cuz they changed it up alot, Bill and Ted was great and beat out the year before the number 2 best Terror Tram loved the story, Nightmare on Elm street was done way better then last year and I went into TCM for the first time since we didnt make it the year before by far the best maze ever made by Murdy, and the strangers roaming around realy did their jobs.

now to the bad, besides the let down that we stoped doing joint events with orlando and basicly a repeat year, it could of done well if it was'nt for The unchanged HOH marketed as brand new just cuz they added 3 new characters, Friday the 13th was changed for the worst since the timeline that the year before established was all screwed up and everything else was exactly the same, The repeat SZ were boring to be honest and the sad sad fact that Chucky's show was cancelled the week before I went now the good outwieghed the bad but to be honest I have to give this year a solid C

Edited by Grindhousehero13

In retrospective, this was my favorite year so far.

07 was bittersweet for me; hot off a relationship, going alone, getting there late at 10 and expecting only to be there for 2 hours but still being able to see some of the biggest horror masters of all time at a theme park haunting.

08 was the same but better and it felt a bit amplified. I'm not sure what it was; being able to enjoy it with someone, getting there on time, the horror masters completely taking over the way they should've in 07

09 was a helluva lot of fun too but we'll get to that later.

So yes, we got repeats and for the most part, they were 100% the same but when comparing it to 07, the event did improve by a whole lot. My main case in point is the Terror Tram. Freddy taking over was the most awesome story line ever and then having Elm Street as the WotW set was amazing. It was a horror fan's dream come true passed beyond the point they already went last year. Another big up was Bill and Ted, with the intro alone being damn near the price of a ticket. And did I forget the arrival of the Bushman (who at the time I thought was Bigfoot) who gave me the scare of a lifetime? I have to say 08 was their best year; they took something they had done already which already seemed perfect and perfected it anymore. Sure at times while walking through TCM and F13, it felt like too much deja vu but I mean, these guys were my childhood so it was nice to see them at least one more time before I wanted something a bit more the next year (and at that time, I didn't even know if we would get more movie properties or what, even though I was hoping so and was grateful just for the NLC 3). Also, this year introduced the Strangers into HHN, which I'm hoping have become a staple into the event. I mean, the movie was VERY eh but these characters I LOVE. Chucky's Insult Emporium phased out but let's face it, so did his jokes so I didn't care much about that. Murdy's right, youtube gave death to it -- you can see how many times he uses the same joke. And really, that's all you need. Yes, it may eat up crowds but I want the Chuckster to be up to a little more than insulting people nightly. He's a killer dammit, have him be a bit more menacing (thanks to 09 and definitely 10 will be doing)! This felt like a perfect year in my eyes with TCM being the scariest, so far the only PERFECT Terror Tram, Freddy getting some new revamping, Jason being badass as his usual self, the funniest Bill and Ted yet and so on and so on.

I give it a perfect 10, especially in comparison with the year before and after. I LOVED 08.