Working Horror Nights with A Full Time Job?

Hello all, just looking for some advice here. I was going to do HHN last year but there was an issue with my paperwork so I couldn't.  This year, I had to sit out because I work a 9 - 5 and there is just no way I could muster the stamina. Tried that before and had to drop out mid season.

Anyway, a couple questions... for those of you that have a day job, how do you make it work? Do you have to work the whole event and all it's days or can you do partial if you wanna get hired? What is your schedule like? I just really love doing this stuff and it breaks my heart to sit out a year lol. Especially when Jason is in the event. Lol any tips appreciated.

If I was in your position, I would ask my day job supervisor 2 months or a month ahead before the audition asking that I would like to work at Halloween Horror Nights and if it's okay if I can take a 2 month break during September-October. If your day job supervisor really needs you, then hopefully he/she could let you work part time.

A friend of mine somehow convinced Universal to give him all Wednesdays and Thursdays off. He's not fire crew or ABU either. No idea how he swung that one, but I guess it's possible. If you work a regular 9-5 in that case I suppose the only day for your full time job that would be rough is Monday's (after working Sunday night).

2 hours ago, Grime said:

A friend of mine somehow convinced Universal to give him all Wednesdays and Thursdays off. He's not fire crew or ABU either. No idea how he swung that one, but I guess it's possible. If you work a regular 9-5 in that case I suppose the only day for your full time job that would be rough is Monday's (after working Sunday night).

Thanks guys.

I work Tuesday - Saturday.

I'm thinking worse comes to worse, maybe I can get Saturday off and come and work Sundays, and Saturdays. Those are sometimes busy days and worse comes to even worse, maybe I can get a earlier shift for Friday's, if not have them off. But I have sometime to think about it. Maybe I'll hit the pickup auditions this year and they can stick me in for the last couple days like 2014. Hahah, got some time to think about it.

Edited by XD005

3 hours ago, Grime said:

That's what I'm doing (no Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays), but I'm pool.