We May Lose the Terror Tram..

Well, it seems Universal is getting residential! Though I see no point to this renovation. A couple of scareactors told me that Mr. Murdy said the section that hosts the Terror Tram just may be renovated to suit Universal's future plans. Most likely, these plans will lead to "our section" being turned into houses.

It's ironic because Universal has been receiving complaints from residents living near the backlot of nightly noise pollution during HHN. Does Universal honestly think building houses closer to it will subside these complaints? Even if the Terror Tram disappears, the buzzing of chainsaws and screams of guests certainly won't.

http://nbcuniversalevolution.com/plan/community/

I was excited last year to hear that Universal would be expanding it's grounds. I just didn't expect this kind of "expansion." <_<

In other news, the Amphitheater may be shrunken, Citywalk will be hosting a new hotel, KING KONG IS ALREADY LOOKING TO BE REPLACED (Da fuk? Perhaps this is just outdated information. If it isn't, what the hell?), and new attractions- of course.

Edited by Anu

Well after that whining everyone did about the Terror Tram this year, well there you go! You happy now! See what you did! lol but no, Terror Tram ain't going anywhere. Mark my words.

I think DTH is right. Sure, "Our section" may go, but the terror Tram is what's really the main draw of the event. I'm sure there will be a portion somewhere in the renovated backlot where we'll be able to walk for the Terror Tram; I think I heard somewhere that the Bates Motel and house will be moved somewhere else in the backlot.

Exactly. Terror Tram may move but will never be gone forever.

And I honestly don't see them sticking to that plan and knocking down all that area. I really don't. Just seems unwise to me.

Not to mention since they just rebuilt a third of the backlot from the fire damage Chucky caused. ;)

They seem to be pushing these real estate plans pretty hard. Sounds stupid to me in an economy like this. Comcast should be taking over Universal soon, so let's see if they put a stop to Universal Village.

Phew, so it is outdated information. But what of Mr. Murdy's own words?

at this point I think we all should of learned to take what Murdy says with a grain of salt, plus if he said renovaited it could just mean doing something with WOTW set remember any plans of theme park or anything else will not effect the backlot since Universal is a working Studio first and theme park second if something is being changes its for the sake of a filming movie plus I can only imagine them changing WOTW or the woods because I can gaurntee there not gonna touch the Psycho sets

at this point I think we all should of learned to take what Murdy says with a grain of salt, plus if he said renovaited it could just mean doing something with WOTW set remember any plans of theme park or anything else will not effect the backlot since Universal is a working Studio first and theme park second if something is being changes its for the sake of a filming movie plus I can only imagine them changing WOTW or the woods because I can gaurntee there not gonna touch the Psycho sets

You do realize that the sets for Psycho are not in its original location, right? They were originally placed right above the Jaws lake. If what you're saying is bulldoze them over for houses, then I certainly agree with you that they won't touch them; however, I could see them moving them for the reason I just mentioned in the first sentence.

You do realize that the sets for Psycho are not in its original location, right? They were originally placed right above the Jaws lake. If what you're saying is bulldoze them over for houses, then I certainly agree with you that they won't touch them; however, I could see them moving them for the reason I just mentioned in the first sentence.

thats what I ment there not gonna demolish them is what I ment

You know, I know that the set was moved but I just don't see necessarily how. That spot it's in now looks flippin' identical to where it is in the movie. How the hell did they accomplish that?!

*Smokes pipe* Elementary my dear Watson. Elementary.