HHN Conferance Call 9/17

Dreamstalker

Credit: Orlando Sentinel.

Unfortunately i was at work when the call took place but I saw that Orlando Sentinel posted the main points that were addressed as i was unable to record the call on my IPhone and work at the same time.

Credit: Orlando Sentinel.

+ ”Fear will be at the event. … He’s omnipresent,” show director Patrick Braillard says. No specifics.

+ There is cross-pollenation between UO’s HHN and the Universal Hollywood’s event, he says.

+ Is Fear too graphic? Is this pushing it too far? “I think our line of tolerance is already skewed, but we do a good job of managing expectations,” he says.

+ When will we see the “end result” of Fear? “You will see more of Fear before opening.”

+ Does he have eyes or ears? Is he hear no evil/see no evil? (Patrick pleads the 5th.)

+ How big is Fear? How tall? “Big enough to play for the Knicks,” Patrick jokes. “Fear himself is a big deal.”

+ Does Fear have wings? (Patrick won’t answer this but appreciates the question.)

+ Does Fear have a voice? “On the website, you may have already heard or gauged a small shift in his voice. You’ll hear more to come.”

+ Gimmicks in the houses? “We are doing a lot of things that we have never done before. ” New techniques and new technologies. “I’m hesitant to start blurting them out.” He wants them to be a surprise for guests.

+ Re: Hades house. They’re excited about putting their twist on ancient monsters.

+ Psychoscarepy house will not be as humor-driven as in the past. It’s going back to its scary roots.

+ RE: Zombiegeddon house. “It might start kind of light-hearted, but it doesn’t finish that way.” It dumps into a scare zone.

+ Will Bloody Mary be anywhere? We haven’t seen her yet in advertisements. “The five icons as they exist right now are our focal point. What you’re going to find out is that they serve a direct purpose.” All the intellectual properties in the event this year are Universal property. No outside properties.

+ Opening ceremony? “I don’t honestly know,” he says.

Pretty cool information regarding Fear and a little bit of insight on this years houses.

Makes it that much harder to wait for Friday :(

EDIT: Found the recording:

http://www.destinationthemepark.com/2010/09/hhn-conference-call-more-information-about-fear-917/

Enjoy!

EDIT: I took quick notes for people that don't have 20+ minutes to spare. Some of these may be repeated / expanded from what Dream has already said:

Expecting more people due to 20th anniversary / Harry Potter.

They loved Leave it to cleaver and it originally was an inside joke from a sign from Craker Barrel (not based off Parents)

Orlando is not offended by Hollywood's "What fear fears"

Do you think you're pushing the boundaries on how fear looks in contrast from how Bloody Mary was in 08: "We ride the line with what is tolerable with the general public" First impressions are opinionated and change when viewed at HHN

You will see more fear before opening and certainly inside the event.

Fear will be presented and revealed very largely

"May have more fear videos coming"

Fear related beverages: "I don't know, I'm not the beverage guy, I'd give it a 75% chance there will be"

May be using Holograms (like in the Harry Potter ride)

Legendary Truth - Wanted to do a house in 08 but what we wanted to do was not ready, but now we are ready and excited with the things we're doing in the house.

"Don't know if there will be behind the scenes DVD's this year"

Is Hades related to fear? No comment

Travel through Shadybrook - Very scary, "it's not playtime anymore"

ZombieGeddon: I've honesly, with all the houses I've ever walked through, I've never seen a house turn on a dime faster than that maze" Physically tying both scarezone and House for the first time

Rip Ride Rocket: I hope so, not sure.

Everything at HHN this year will be originally created material NO outside material

Edited by Jinx