HOH Replacement Venue

Hey everyone. As we all know, House of Horrors is retiring to the theme park graveyard at the end of this month. Face/Off, being the last maze, could hopefully send it off nicely (much like TWD did for WWW and La Lloronas for Shrek, but we know it can't ever be THAT good). But this has got me thinking...

Next year, with the loss of the venue, we're down to 6 mazes, only one on the entire upper lot. I'm certain they wouldn't reduce the number of mazes next year, especially if the events success continues as it has in years past. So they would need a new spot to put said maze. It'd be easy to just stick another one on the backlot but then the event would feel really unbalanced.

So my question is where, on the upper lot, could they make up for this loss? I've thought, after stepping inside of it for the first time, the globe theater could work very well as a maze venue. With all the changes at the event in the last few years, it doesn't seem that far of a stretch. The eyegores aren't really relevant as far as I know (do they even have them this year?) but that solves the conflict that seemed to make the idea of a maze in the globe dead in the water.

So what do you guys think? Could the globe work? Will it even be there by the time 2015 rolls around? Is there another spot on the upper lot?

Discuss away (hopefully)...

Edited by Hauntfan

I've been saying the Globe for years. The Eyegores ceremony itself hardly churns out press and its just a cheap way to get C-list celebs photographed at the event. They'd be better off simply inviting them and doing a media day the day after employee previews, also helping scareactors groove into their roles a bit more before opening night. Not to mention, Eyegores could be held somewhere else in the park like the Castle Theater if they're not gonna have Bill and Ted by putting tables and such on the stage.

I could definately see them moving Eyegores to the new hotel they're building if they insist on keeping it. That will be years before that's ready though. The Globe would be perfect as a location to have a sound stage-esque venue AND a second solid maze venue on the upper lot. It would also keep mazes in each section balanced. Two in the upper lot, twom in the lower, and three in the backlot.

I just realized they could almost use the same queue as the old Terminator venue if they decide on putting a maze in the globe. Start in SSF, wrap around the showbuilding, and go straight across to the Globe. It's almost perfect! The show area in there is huge too, almost on par with SS 747, just not quite that big. It could really work and be a solid addition. Let's keep our fingers crossed :) haha

Edit: Or is this not possible? I haven't visited since DM opened so I'm not even sure that area is still usable. Does anybody know if this would even work?

Edited by Hauntfan