The event awards are an award given out by the Halloween Horror Nights executives to one or two haunted house(s) and scare zone(s) at each event based on guest feedback and surveys. The event awards started at Halloween Horror Halloween Horror Nights 2001.
House of the Year
2001- Scary Tales (Soundstage 22)
- Enter an abandoned carnival attraction and find yourself in a nightmarish fairy tale world where there’s never a happy ending.
2002- Screamhouse (Soundstage 20)
- There’s something disturbing about this small town mortuary. The bodies just don’t want to stay dead – and they don’t want YOU to leave!
2003- PsychoScarepy (Jurassic Park Discovery Center)
- Get ready for a dose of shock treatment as the inmates are running the asylum. If you think you have any hope of escaping, you really ARE insane.
2004 – Castle Vampyr (Soundstage 23)
- The castle itself is rumored to be the Blood Shrine of an ancient race that is long feared… but of which little is known. With ornamentations gathered from all over the world, CASTLE VAMPYR is said to contain a talisman from each “house” of the breed. And this evil congregation beckons the faithful to gather every thirteen years to renew vows to a dark power that drives their insatiable thirst for immortality.
2005 – Body Collectors (Jurassic Park Discovery Center)
- Deep in the recesses of blood-soaked Gorewood forest, a storage facility has been built to warehouse, store, and process what remains of the unfortunate victims of the Terra Throne rituals. Drained of blood, withered and pale, the corpses are piled, prepared and rendered by the Collectors.
2006 – Screamhouse: Resurrection (Soundstage 23)
- Through blood, bone, and ash, evil has risen again.
- Abandoned for years, this Gothic mortuary contains the eternally tormented souls of the Caretaker’s victims. Aided by a cultish group of Followers, the Caretaker assures that you will enter on your own two feet, but leave sealed in a casket.
2007 – Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (Soundstage 23)
- You’re all my children now.
- Welcome to 1428 Elm Street. Trapped in a walking dream state by a new sleep-enhancing drug. Freddy Krueger chases you through vicious nightmares you can’t wake up from-because you’re already awake.
2008 – Dead Exposure (Sprung Tent 2)
- Enter a realm where the flash of a camera reveals horrors beyond comprehension, leaving you in “total” darkness with Hell’s Army of the Undead!
- Charlie McPherson, a noted tabloid photographer, has always wanted something more in life than photographing celebrities at their worst. One night, Charlie gets his wish when the city he resides in becomes overrun with flesh-eating Zombies. Trapped in his downtown loft with bloodthirsty Zombies just outside, Charlie captures the last horror-filled moments of his life on film and you are with him every step of the way.
2009 – Dracula: Legacy of Blood (Soundstage 23)
- Welcome to Castle Dracula on the night of “The Calling.” Vlad Dracul bids you welcome – be you one of the chosen women who has been called or merely a mortal man. Those who have been chosen must decide whether to join the Dark Prince in everlasting life has his brides, or reject his offer and suffer for all eternity. The blood must be renewed. The fate of the legacy hangs in the balance – Dracula’s legacy of blood.
2010 – Havoc: Dogs of War (Sprung Tent 2)
- Ten years ago, the Shadowcreek Enterprise was tasked with developing an elite corps of soldiers. They succeeded. Through an inhalant that includes a compound of testosterone, adrenaline, and other anesthetics, Shadow Creek’s latest run of volunteer test subjects are ready for inspection. The project name: HAVOC. The subjects are known simply as Dogs of War.
2011 – The In-Between / The Forsaken (Sprung Tent 1 / Parade Building)
- An ominous portal reveals a 3rd dimension where all is not what it seems: a realm where our world and another collide. Surrounded by fiendish creatures, your eyes will deceive you with every step through this phantasm of terror.
- Four ships began Columbus’s fateful voyage, only three became legend. Condemned to a watery grave, the mutinous and cursed crew of that 4th ship has returned with a vengeance. For within the walls of a Spanish fort, a maelstrom has brought from the depths….death itself.
2012 – Gothic (Soundstage 20)
- The Catedral de Caementum Animus is, by day, undergoing a building-wide architectural refurbishment. By night, the many stone gargoyles that keep a watchful eye over the sanctuary come to life with the mission of protecting this sacred place against any intrusion.
2013 – American Werewolf in London (Soundstage 22)
- Based on the John Landis horror classic, you’ll travel to the Slaughtered Lamb, experience the gruesome wolf attack on the moors and live the chaos of Piccadilly Circus. Beware the moon because tonight it brings only death.
2014 – Halloween / Dollhouse of the Damned (Sprung Tent 2 / Sprung Tent 1)
- Follow in Michael Myers’ footsteps as he begins his historic night of horror. John Carpenter’s classic original film comes to life – just as yours is coming to an end.
- Within the decaying walls of this house awaits something evil. The unfortunate souls that enter here will become the damned that never escape.
2015 – Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem (Soundstage 21)
- Relive the most terrifying moments of the past 25 years as Jack releases our catalog of creatures in one maze. You’ll be attacked by Universal classic monsters, meat-grinding maniacs and the fiends of Horror Nights past.
2016 – American Horror Story (Soundstage 19)
- Relive scene after scene of sinister threats from Murder House, Freak Show, and Hotel in this extensive, terrifying house.
2017 – Scarecrow: The Reaping (Sprung Tent 1)
- At a long-abandoned Depression-era farm, vengeance takes root, and the only harvest that will be reaped is you.
2018 – Stranger Things (Soundstage 22)
- Halloween Horror Nights takes you deep inside the haunting world of Netflix’s STRANGER THINGS. The Demogorgon is hunting in our world now.
2019 – House of 1000 Corpses (MIB Tent)
- From the Ruggsville, Texas roadside oddity “Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters & Madmen” to the home of the psychotic Firefly family, Rob Zombie’s epic horror masterpiece comes to life.
2021 – Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin Lord (Sprung Tent 2)
- There’s no breaking free from the vines of the Pumpkin Lord, here to entrap you in his ever-growing evil.
- An evil rot has taken root in the land. It’s time once again for the rise of the Pumpkin Lord who grows Halloween like a malignant vine. His minions are scouring the countryside, collecting unwilling sacrifices in order to summon the Pumpkin Lord.
2022 – Universal Monsters: Legends Collide (Parade Building)
- If you thought one Universal Monster was scary, how about three? Better summon your scream squad, ‘cause you’re about to get caught in the middle of an epic battle between The Wolf Man, Dracula and The Mummy, together for the first time ever. Their mission: To find the amulet that will break their curse. And they’ll destroy anyone who gets in their way.
Scare Zone of the Year
2001 – UNKNOWN (Contact us if you have more information)
2002 – Island Under Siege (Marvel Super Hero Island)
- The superheroes have all been defeated. Now you’re trapped in a decaying, lawless city under siege by the minions of the most vicious supervillain of all, Carnage.
2003 – UNKNOWN (Contact us if you have more information)
2004 – Fright Yard (Lost Continent/New York Backlot)
- An ominous industrial landscape of rusty trucks, stacked freight containers, and burning buses, The Fright Yard is infested with the worst society has to offer. You suddenly find yourself caught between “survivor clans” where The Demented lie in wait for The Twisted and both tribes are waiting for you. Armed with chainsaws and flame-throwers, they hide, lurk, and stalk guests in this heavy metal maze. Even with police choppers hovering above, this is a twisted and terrifying turf war that has no rules.
2005 – UNKNOWN (Contact us if you have more information)
2006 – Harvest of Souls (Central Park)
- Unsettling and unnatural sounds fill the night air. Lanterns cast flickering light and shadow on a twisted landscape. Herein dwell bizarre creatures celebrating the Harvest of the Souls. Within these shadows creep the soul harvesters in search of souls to quench their insatiable thirst.
2007 – Troupe Macabre (Central Park)
- Part of Midway of the Bizarre.
- Jack the Clown has plumbed the depths of his deprivation to transform all of Halloween Horror Nights into the Midway of the Bizarre- a spine-tingling multi-sensory spectacle! See such sinister sideshows as the Rat Lady the Chainsaw Drill Team Motormaniacs Killer Carnies and the Troupe Macabre!
2008 – Streets of Blood: Body Collectors (New York)
- “Do not underestimate the determination of a quiet man”.
- An ancient group known simply as The Body Collectors has been devoted to the collection and sacrificing of bodies for millennia. They have escaped notoriety by using plagues, wars, serial killings, and mass disappearances as the cover for their collecting. These mysterious beings are now in Victorian London, covering their heinous acts with Jack “The Ripper” as their scapegoat. But, there is no “Ripper”… There are only Collectors, collecting, collecting, collecting…
2009 – War of the Living Dead (Shrek Alley)
- On a remote island in the Pacific during the last days of World War II, German military attempted to create the unthinkable – a new breed of super-soldier made from the reanimated corpses of the dead. American forces quickly seized the island compound, but not before the reanimate agent was released. The island was quarantined and has remained a secret until now. Fifty years later, the two opposing dead forces are still locked in immortal combat with you caught in the crosshairs.
2010 – HHN: 20 Years of Fear (Hollywood Boulevard)
- Step into the shadows of the last Twenty Years of Fear…Move towards the lantern, and encounter the most frightening characters of Halloween Horror Nights past!
2011 – 7 (Hollywood Boulevard)
- As daylight shines upon our Temptresses, their appearance, though evil, allows you the spectacle of beauty. As night falls, these 7 temptresses will show their true colors and take on their true Fatal Evil forms!! Beware of your own temptations!
2012 – Beasts
- The Iniquitus have commanded these grotesque predators to hunt you down. Silently they’ll stalk you…all night long, until they have you surrounded and there’s nowhere left to hide.
2013 – The Walking Dead
2014 – Purge: Anarchy (New York)
- Once you enter The Purge: Anarchy you’ll be lucky to just survive the night. In this unique experience inspired by Universal Pictures’ new thriller, turmoil and pandemonium await those vulnerable to masked vigilantes in search of new victims.
2015 – Evil’s Roots / Clownsaws (Central Park / Roaming)
- Your darkest fears will take root amidst the perilous paths of Central Park as you face evil fairies, humanoid bats, scarecrows and more horrors.
2016 – Dead Man’s Wharf (San Francisco)
- Today, on the anniversary of the disappearance of the fishing vessel Annabel Lee, a thick fog has rolled in. The spirits of the lost crew have returned to punish the town that left them to die on the open seas and make sure the dock earns its morbid nickname.
2017 – Trick ‘R Treat (Central Park)
- Break the rules. Pay the price. That’s the murderous moral of the five twisted stories in Trick ‘r Treat, a darkly hilarious tribute to Halloween.
2018 – Revenge of Chucky (Hollywood Boulevard)
- Chucky, the world’s deadliest doll, has brought a toy fair to gruesome life on the streets of Hollywood, twisting childhood toys into nightmares. You’ll be dying to play.
2019 – Anarch-Cade (Plaza of the Stars)
- An 80s-inspired arcade has taken over Avenue of the Stars. At first glance, you may think it’s a party. However, you quickly learn that “Game Over” means a permanent end for you. A gang of neon slashers are out to play and this is one game you won’t want to lose.
2021 – Lights Camera Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge (Hollywood Boulevard)
- Eddie Schmidt, Jack the Clown’s diabolical brother, is returning to Halloween Horror Nights to film a gory Hollywood sequel in Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge – except this time, the monsters are real. Vampires, evil clowns, creatures from the watery depths and other horrific beings from event’s past will roar on the scene where guests will make their short, and painful, cameo.
2022 – Graveyard: Deadly Unrest (Hollywood Boulevard)
- On All Hallow’s Eve, a dark storm descends upon a cemetery and awakens long-dead spirits. No one living can escape them.