The Park’s Newest Festival Features Delicious Eats, Premium Drinks and Vibrant Décor and Entertainment, Weekends, May 6-28.
The Thrill Capital of the South, invites guests to celebrate the food, music and culture of Latin America during ¡Viva La Fiesta!, happening weekends, May 6 – 28. The park’s newest festival is a vibrant celebration, featuring limited time food offerings, premium tequilas and beers from Mexico, live music and traditional dancing, hands-on activities and colorful fiesta décor.
Premium Tequilas and Beers
Six premium tequilas will be available for sampling during the festival, including:
- Mi Tierra Reposado – A 100% agave tequila, matured in French oak for nine months, from Jalisco, Mexico;
- La Cava de Don Samuel – A 100% blue agave tequila that is amber in color and matured to perfection in oak kegs in Los Altos, Jalisco;
- Don Nacho Extra Premium Anejo – An excellent blend of pungent spices and sweet tones, aged in casks of white American oak;
- Don Nacho Extra Premium Blanco – A silver tequila that features a fresh lemon tea aroma, citric expressions and blue agave;
- Don Nacho Extra Premium Reposado – A mild and silky tequila, aged in white American oak and features the sweet aromas of vanilla, caramel, and wild honey; and
- Don Fernando Silver – A 100% silver tequila that has been double, instead of triple, distilled.
Guest looking for a full beverage can visit the Margarita Booth to try an original, strawberry, or orange margarita made with one of the premium tequilas. Ice cold ready-to-drink cocktails and local craft and imported Mexican style Lagers will also be available.
Mouthwatering Food Offerings
- Mini Taco Nachos – These guest favorite, mini, fried chicken tacos served with queso sauce, lettuce, pico de gallo and sour cream returns for a limited time during the festival;
- Street Tacos – Featuring a choice of steak, cilantro lime marinated shrimp, or grilled chicken plus toppings of pico de gallo, chili crema sauce, and crumbled queso;
- Nachurros – This popular dessert is back for a limited time during ¡Viva La Fiesta!, featuring fried tortillas tossed in cinnamon sugar and topped with chocolate, caramel and whipped cream;
- Mexican Street Corn – Fire roasted, jalapeno sweet corn, cooked down with a chipotle lime sauce and finished with crumbled queso; and
- Magonadas – Mango sorbet served with tajin, chamoy, and a tamarind candy straw.
Exciting Cultural Entertainment
At the Fiesta Stage, guests can enjoy the sounds of Mariachi Búhos de Oro, a professional group of classically trained musicians who keep the rich culture of Mexico alive through music. Guests can also get up close with exciting Folklórico and Aztec street dance performances happening in the middle of the festival area. Additionally, guests can also play oversized, backyard games and take in the festival atmosphere with vibrant décor.
¡Viva La Fiesta! takes place at Six Flags Over Georgia from 12:00pm-6:00pm, on Saturdays and Sundays, May 6 – 28. The park is now open weekends through May 21 and begins daily summer operation on May 26.
New events are coming to Six Flags Over Georgia all season long, like Flavors of the World this summer and Oktoberfest in the fall. The best way to experience all that Six Flags Over Georgia has to offer is with a Season Pass, which includes unlimited visits and additional perks based on Pass level. Guests can view the park’s event lineup and purchase a Pass today at sixflags.com/overgeorgia.