zombieman

Halloween Horror Nights Orlando 29 Discussion Thread

Not trying to make this a plug legit asking if anyone is interested. I know some people in here have listened to my podcast Nick and Jason’s Excellent Podcast. We will be making our trip finally this upcoming weekend. If anyone is interested find us with our podcast shirts on ( yes we are those guys haha ) and get a Koozie from us 

Just wrapped up 4 nights in a row... when I get an extra hour I will post a review. But overall this was a great year! Houses were fantastic! SZ's were average but still really fun! We, once again, had a blast!

I will also add... that little bit of rain kept the crowds away Saturday the 14th. It was the slowest Saturday Ive ever seen and Ive been going since 2006. It was awesome we did 13 houses and still had plenty of time to eat, drink, sit around, catch the lagoon show. Was great!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Just wrapped up 4 nights in a row... when I get an extra hour I will post a review. But overall this was a great year! Houses were fantastic! SZ's were average but still really fun! We, once again, had a blast!

I will also add... that little bit of rain kept the crowds away Saturday the 14th. It was the slowest Saturday Ive ever seen and Ive been going since 2006. It was awesome we did 13 houses and still had plenty of time to eat, drink, sit around, catch the lagoon show. Was great!

YES! We went that day and it was soooo nice! I posted that I was worried about not doing FP since it was too expensive for us... it was so worth it to do the Stay and Scream add on since my wife and I aren't UOAPs anymore. Longest we waited was about 45 min for Stranger Things and that was including the time in the S&S corral. Overall, times were great Yeti 20 min Us 20 min 1000 C's 30 min Uni Monsters 15min Graveyard Games 15min Killer Klowns 5!!! Min.

So much fun! My favorite was definitely Yeti, although it was closed when the event first opened (we went through ST and Us first and then it opened) looked like some of the Yeti's took too long in makeup?

On 9/9/2019 at 8:13 AM, itsabee said:

Stranger Things is where Poltergeist was last year while Ghostbusters is the one in front of the stage, so the waiting area should be the same regardless.

In my personal experience on the first two nights, it doesn’t save much time to do the big houses first. Ghostbusters took 40 minutes even with being the first one through the gate on my turnstile because I was up at the front. Speed-walked there and everything, but still.

I don’t know how it’s gonna be with Stay and Scream, but you could always try. The waits generally don’t improve over the night for those big ones, whereas it feels like the smaller houses only worsen. All in all, the ones I’ve waited a considerable amount of time for would have been 7:26-8:02 for Universal Classic Monsters, 8:20ish-8:45 for Graveyard Games, 8:50-9:45 for Nightengales, and obviously ST and Busters get some lines. I know that at least the beginning of the night, all of the back houses should be walk-ons; House of 1000 Corpses followed immediately by Depths of Fear had almost no wait for us on opening night, and were it not for it being opened a little later last night, Nightengales would have been good at 6:30. As we left Nightengales, we could see that Depths was still a walk-on.

Anyway, back-of-the-park strategy is always handy, but if you want to do one of those bigger houses more than once (I don’t know about ST, but Ghostbusters has some sights), sure, go ahead and knock it out with S&S. I wouldn’t advise doing both of the big ones one after the other unless the goal is to get them out of the way. If the goal is to save time, the problem is that everyone else has the same idea and once they’re done with those big houses, they’re going to head to the smaller ones and the lines will increase.

I hope you guys have so much fun at HHN and that the lines won’t be too harsh! If you run into problems and need recommendations or directions, I’ll be there Saturday and I’m more than willing to help out. Have a great time and do remember to plan a first house, but otherwise, I find it easier and more fun to decide in the moment. Cheers!

Hey Bee! The stilt walker in Ghostbusters was there on Saturday!

I was tracking wait times and was wondering what the heck was going on Saturday.  Short lines everywhere all night!  Stranger Things and GB always under an hour - on a freaking SATURDAY.  So many 10 min wait times.  Was blissful to see that (from my dry, cool California home)

21 hours ago, Hhnsophmore said:

Not trying to make this a plug legit asking if anyone is interested. I know some people in here have listened to my podcast Nick and Jason’s Excellent Podcast. We will be making our trip finally this upcoming weekend. If anyone is interested find us with our podcast shirts on ( yes we are those guys haha ) and get a Koozie from us 

Hell yeah ! What nights?

1 hour ago, Merlin said:

Hey Bee! The stilt walker in Ghostbusters was there on Saturday!

Bee ! I like it !

I’m so glad that you guys had those minimal waits; Sunday was so good that I felt comfortable and encouraged to do Ghostbusters twice back-to-back because of those small crowds. What was your favorite house?

Have you ever wondered how much you walk around HHN per night? I used the Strava app all 4 nights to see what mileage we put in. Dang! 37.37 miles in 4 nights!

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

• Like 2

I've tracked my miles walked for haunts for years.  Orlando is at least 12 miles a night.   They murder you with the queues.  Hollywood is an avg of 5.5 miles per night.  Their houses are clustered like Orlando, but even when they have 2 hour waits everywhere, walking from house exit to queue entrance is a minute, tops.

At least you burn a couple of orders of pizza fries a night in Orlando :)