Sign in to follow this  
Grindhousehero13

Team Trick 'r' Treat 2011

Bring Trick 'r' Treat To HHNH 2011?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Trick 'r' Treat for 2011 HHN

2. 2. Should it be?

Ok as head of the T'R'T campaign last year Im bringing up for a second try since we know Hellraiser and scream are no brainers for next year lets keep them out of this and let the True Fans of HHN's opions be heard instead the people who want the same thing back every year

I'm not a big TrT fan boy, but hey; a TrT maze would be cool. Even though he does have serious icon potential as being the spirit of Halloween, Idk if I want him to be THE ringleader of 2011's event. I would much rather have Ghostface take over the back lot. That's just me.

EDIT: Let me clarify that I think he would make a great icon, but I would rather have Ghostface as the icon.

Edited by Freakazoid

i still havnt seen trick r' treat so i dont know if i would want him to be the overall theme but of what ive seen on youtube and such it would deffinitely be a good maze!

once i see the movie i might change my vote though(:

trick or treat would rock as next year's theme he is the spirt of halloween so hell yeah bring on him as the icon for next year.

Edited by bloodyirit

Last year, I was notably against Trick R Treat being at the event BASED on the criteria Murdy gave us for maze/icon selection.

However, now that original mazes and less grossing films are being thrown in, I see this as a worthy shot.

This movie DOES have everything needed for a maze, scarezones and even a theme for an entire event.

We have the icon, SAM. We have monsters (kids in masks, werewolves, vampires, demented principals, scary old guys, zombies), we have the atmosphere, we have amazing sets and some moderate scares. The only thing we don't have is a huge fan base and a theatrical release. With HHN changing directions, those last 2 things shouldn't matter anymore.

As much as I'd love for the entire event to be based off the movie, I'd rather Ghostface get a shot first. I've been waiting to see that since 1996. But for 2012, I'm all for TrT taking over HHN. Then there would be NO excuse if part 2 is released theatrically and is a hit.

I think the entire "spirit of Halloween" thing would be an awesome theme and would make sense for a storyline to have other horror films at the event as well. It would work pretty much just as good if the Crypt Keeper ran the event (who should, by the way as a returning Icon).

I hope I get to see it some day. And if I were running the event, I would already have the next 4 years planned with themes, scarezones, Terror Tram and mazes for each.

Psycho '10. Ghostface '11. TrT '12. Crypt Keeper '13.

Edited by DTH316

I've never seen the movie but it sounds awesome so I voted yes.. But next year I would just want it as a maze and hav ghostface the icon.. Sam will be it the following year

ok some people are not getting the point only like DTH and Electro Were not counting "Scream" vs Trick 'r' treat if you think Trick r' Treat is theme worthy then you still vote for theme if dont think TrT will be a good theme then you vote just maze

Hey, I've already said it... Make Sam the Icon, with the ScareZones based off of incidents of the film (werewolf girl dates/selection, school children [sKOOLHOUSE!!!], etc.) and the icon house based off of Sam's journey through the small Ohio town. It'd be perfect.

I really don't think Murdy is all "It's not scary enough for HHN" anymore. Look what he posted on Twitter:

@Deadpool817 Yes I saw (Trick r Treat) a year ago. Really liked it & it would be a cool theme if it was better known (We tested it in a survey last year)

So maybe someone should point out that if they're starting to do original mazes then why should it matter if it is well known or not?

Because they dont have to pay a license fee on an original concept no one has heard of, while the same isnt true for a niche movie like Trick R Treat.

I would love to see this, I think Sam would be the perfect Icon for them to use. Although they'd have to get quite a few little people to have him running around the park. It'd be awesome if he was popping out around corners and trash cans haha.

I would love to see this, I think Sam would be the perfect Icon for them to use. Although they'd have to get quite a few little people to have him running around the park. It'd be awesome if he was popping out around corners and trash cans haha.

the beauty of it too is Sam can be like Billy last year and we dont have to see him too much because theres other killers in the movie (Principle Wilkins, The Vampire In Black, The Warewolfs, and The School Bus zombies) so they wont need much and they use some automatronics for Sam or puppets like when he watching the warewolf Oregy/Feeding.

Edited by Grindhousehero13

again people the poll has nothing to do with other movie property if you think it'd be a good theme period. then you vote for theme like a said all other movies are not in debate were not picking one over the other

So maybe someone should point out that if they're starting to do original mazes then why should it matter if it is well known or not?

Because they dont have to pay a license fee on an original concept no one has heard of, while the same isnt true for a niche movie like Trick R Treat.

But they still had the money to pay for a license fee on a "cult classic" movie like HOTC? From what I gathered that movie wasnt too popular, But I guess with Zombie's name plastered all over it, it could do well.

Totally forgot about this thread, haha. Didn't see your post till now Trevler, and you're right. For some reason that thought didn't go through my skull once ALTHOUGH I imagine the rights for a small movie would still be extremely cheap compared to the big ones. Maybe even just as much to make an original maze perhaps?

I have no idea if they had to pay a fee or not for House of 1k Corpses.

Regardless, I bet you more people have seen that movie then Trick R Treat.

Was TrT ever in the Theaters? I know I'd never heard of it until people started talking about it back on vault.

More people have definitely seen HOTC. Whether or not those people were fans of it or not are up to speculation.

I remember seeing The Devils Rejects and virtually nobody had any idea it was sequel, even horror crowds. I had to educate a few people.

Trick 'r Treat was in a festival and was making the horror rounds for 3 years before finally being shoved into DTV space, where a lot of people went out and rented it to support the movie and finally be able to see what people were talking about for so long and pretty much everyone got what they were expecting.

I have no idea if they had to pay a fee or not for House of 1k Corpses.

Regardless, I bet you more people have seen that movie then Trick R Treat.

Was TrT ever in the Theaters? I know I'd never heard of it until people started talking about it back on vault.

it was supposed to they showed trailers for it in theaters and on the 300 dvd that was gonna be released but the studio kept holding it back and back until the creator finaly wanted it to be released on dvd and get it out there it did create a cult follwing for itself

A friend of mine actually lent me a copy of this today. I guess Ill get around to watching it now.