Sign in to follow this  
zombieman

HHN 29: House of 1000 Corpses

House-of-1000-Corpses-at-Halloween-Horro

Ever wonder how many corpses you can fit inside a house? One…10…do we dare say 1000? Find out at Halloween Horror Nights with House of 1000 Corpses, the new haunted house based on Rob Zombie’s horror masterpiece.

This fall, you’ll discover firsthand why this house is built on horror. Come face-to-face with the psychotic Firefly family and their collection of blood and gore. Watch “The Legend of Doctor Satan” come to life right before your eyes. Keep a lookout for the latest addition to Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters and Madmen, Fish Boy! And if you’re lucky, you’ll escape the house as fast as a rabbit, minus the fluffy bunny costume and tragic ending.

The Hollywood house was VERY good back in the day.  Hope that Orlando does at least that good of a job.

In 2010 and 2011, it was billed as "Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses: in 3D Zombievision".

The facade was the Murder Ride which also comprised the first few rooms.  This first part was very much done in 3D.  From there you went to the Firefly house and beyond, ending in Dr. Satan's lair.  I don't recall the last 2/3 being 3D.

They also had a house-based T-shirt that was done graphic novel style, similar to the Chucky T-shirt from last year.

This might be the first good house done in the MIB location...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

The Hollywood house was VERY good back in the day.  Hope that Orlando does at least that good of a job.

In 2010 and 2011, it was billed as "Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses: in 3D Zombievision".

The facade was the Murder Ride which also comprised the first few rooms.  This first part was very much done in 3D.  From there you went to the Firefly house and beyond, ending in Dr. Satan's lair.  I don't recall the last 2/3 being 3D.

They also had a house-based T-shirt that was done graphic novel style, similar to the Chucky T-shirt from last year.

This might be the first good house done in the MIB location...

Let's be frank...  99% of things that have been on both coasts end up better from the Orlando team anyway

1 hour ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Let's be frank...  99% of things that have been on both coasts end up better from the Orlando team anyway

For the most part, yes.  There have been a few where Hollywood did them better - La Llorona, Exorcist, Halloween 2, and TCM  way back in 2007.

But HOTC was a fun one, and I think Orlando will do a great job.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to need to rewatch the movie before going. It's been a while since I've seen it.