Jump to content
XD005

Halloween Horror Nights 2019 Auditions

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Everyone Auditions have just went live.

I've got my audition date set but I can only work 1 or 2 days a week of the event. Just Sundays and Friday/Saturday so we'll see. I think I'll probably get rejected because of that.

 

Anyway, nobody made a thread so here it is

Edited by XD005
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied to audition in Orlando and got the reject so I'm trying Hollywood! Set up an appointment for thursday............ I have no idea what to expect. I've heard that Hollywood expects a lot more from Auditionees than Orlando so I'm very nervous.... Any tips or info audition veterans can offer me would be VERY appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 4:41 PM, sororitysacrifice said:

I applied to audition in Orlando and got the reject so I'm trying Hollywood! Set up an appointment for Thursday............ I have no idea what to expect. I've heard that Hollywood expects a lot more from Auditions than Orlando so I'm very nervous.... Any tips or info audition veterans can offer me would be VERY appreciated!

Best of luck to you. 

Honestly, the most important thing is to just show the ability to break out of your comfort zone. 
It's better to overact then underact. Be loud, animated, and really get in the spirit of scareacting. 
It helps to have a routine in mind or a specific character. They rotate the audition type every year as well so try to be adaptable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 4:41 PM, sororitysacrifice said:

I applied to audition in Orlando and got the reject so I'm trying Hollywood! Set up an appointment for thursday............ I have no idea what to expect. I've heard that Hollywood expects a lot more from Auditionees than Orlando so I'm very nervous.... Any tips or info audition veterans can offer me would be VERY appreciated!

Did you work Orlando last year?! Nice name!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 11:31 AM, XD005 said:

Best of luck to you. 

Honestly, the most important thing is to just show the ability to break out of your comfort zone. 
It's better to overact then underact. Be loud, animated, and really get in the spirit of scareacting. 
It helps to have a routine in mind or a specific character. They rotate the audition type every year as well so try to be adaptable. 

Great advice, thank you! Good luck to you too, even with your complicated schedule. I wonder what audition type they'll have this year. I don't know much about the possibilities other than the "scare the chair/cone". It'll be an interesting experience for sure.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:22 PM, LA_dancer said:

Did you work Orlando last year?! Nice name!!!

I didn't, but I wish I did! It was such an awesome year. And thank you, it was one by far my favorite of the house :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The audition notice came out early and I'm 8 days behind. I scheduled my appointment on Friday. I passed the audition last year but I never got a casting email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auditioned yesterday and I got the golden ticket!! Waiting on that email I guess... Does anyone know how long the email process can take? Because I need to figure out if I need to move to California or not, lol! And break a leg to anyone who still has their audition!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, sororitysacrifice said:

Auditioned yesterday and I got the golden ticket!! Waiting on that email I guess... Does anyone know how long the email process can take? Because I need to figure out if I need to move to California or not, lol! And break a leg to anyone who still has their audition!!!

Congrats on getting your golden ticket! The casting emails should start going out at the end of July or beginning of August. Not sure if they are changing that timeline at all since the auditions were much earlier this year, but that's when the emails went out previously

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So emails started going out super early this year. My boyfriend got his this past Monday and I just got mine less than an hour ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, bggrenville813 said:

So emails started going out super early this year. My boyfriend got his this past Monday and I just got mine less than an hour ago. 

Lucky! I still haven’t heard back and I’m starting to get nervous/discouraged :( Super happy for you and your boyfriend though! Hope you love your roles!

Edited by sororitysacrifice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sororitysacrifice said:

Lucky! I still haven’t heard back and I’m starting to get nervous/discouraged :( Super happy for you and your boyfriend though! Hope you love your roles!

Thank you so much, but don't get discouraged! I heard from the casting team that emails will still be going out in waves over the next several weeks. I was shocked we got emails this early to begin with, so don't be nervous yet!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, bggrenville813 said:

Thank you so much, but don't get discouraged! I heard from the casting team that emails will still be going out in waves over the next several weeks. I was shocked we got emails this early to begin with, so don't be nervous yet!

I auditioned July 27th for a specific height and build audition, and was wondering when I should be expecting to hear back? It's been 9 days now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, scarethepeeouttathem said:

I auditioned July 27th for a specific height and build audition, and was wondering when I should be expecting to hear back? It's been 9 days now.

Same here! All of my friends did the first audition in June so obviously they already have their emails but I don’t know anyone else who did the July audition so I have no idea if emails have even gone out yet. I know most of those castings will probably be initially for pool (besides the few available Us and Ghostbuster roles) so I’m hoping that means it’s not too late, but they’ve already started fittings for a good number of people. Generally though, about 2 weeks is standard for wait time after the audition but a lot of times it’s longer and in some cases it’s much shorter. 

I got my golden ticket last year but never got a casting email so I’m kinda worried it might happen again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spooktober said:

Same here! All of my friends did the first audition in June so obviously they already have their emails but I don’t know anyone else who did the July audition so I have no idea if emails have even gone out yet. I know most of those castings will probably be initially for pool (besides the few available Us and Ghostbuster roles) so I’m hoping that means it’s not too late, but they’ve already started fittings for a good number of people. Generally though, about 2 weeks is standard for wait time after the audition but a lot of times it’s longer and in some cases it’s much shorter. 

I got my golden ticket last year but never got a casting email so I’m kinda worried it might happen again. 

I auditioned on the 27th as well and haven’t heard anything back, my friend also auditioned with me and got the golden ticket and she hasn’t heard back either! This is my 3rd time auditioning but first time getting the golden ticket, I’m kinda getting discouraged but I’m also hoping for the best. We’ll see! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, scarethepeeouttathem said:

I auditioned July 27th for a specific height and build audition, and was wondering when I should be expecting to hear back? It's been 9 days now.

Hmmm usually I'd say that it's still fairly soon after your auditions, but with Orientation coming up I'd guess that emails would start going out maybe this week/weekend or early next week. But I'm not sure how different the casting is for specific roles like that, they may have later orientation days for you guys

 

Definitely don't lose hope since no one in your audition group seems to have gotten emails yet. Apparently it's pretty rare for people to get golden tickets but not get a casting email. That being said, I auditioned 4 years in a row without getting a casting email (even though I got a golden ticket each time). But again, you guys were auditioning for specific character roles. I'm sure they'll need plenty of people (including backups and pool) since a lot of people end up quitting the first week or two (they hold additional auditions then too, which is how I got hired last year)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so we’re officially at the glorious 2 week mark since the audition and I’m officially panicking. I know in reality it hasn’t been very long but after getting the golden ticket last year and being the only one in my friend group to not get a casting email, I’m a bit wary. Fingers still crossed though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Spooktober said:

Ok so we’re officially at the glorious 2 week mark since the audition and I’m officially panicking. I know in reality it hasn’t been very long but after getting the golden ticket last year and being the only one in my friend group to not get a casting email, I’m a bit wary. Fingers still crossed though! 

I’m in the same boat, unfortunately. Wish I knew some other folks that went to the same audition to see if emails already went out. I won’t start losing hope till the end of next week considering orientation is right around the corner. Fingers crossed indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got cast and did my costume fitting everything was fine until I started thinking that my costume might be uncomfortable for me for long periods of time compared to a regular costume. Is there any way I can tell anyone during orientation or scare academy about this issue?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, apparently a few people who have auditioned on the 27th have already heard back. I know of someone who got their role just yesterday. I heard they’re still casting a few roles but. Anyway, very disappointed, but there’s always next year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, givemethebatwendy said:

So, apparently a few people who have auditioned on the 27th have already heard back. I know of someone who got their role just yesterday. I heard they’re still casting a few roles but. Anyway, very disappointed, but there’s always next year. 

I’m still holding out hope, a fair amount of people will quit after the first week after realizing how taxing it is. I’m refusing to believe that I got the golden ticket and didn’t get cast twice in a row. (Although, I’m getting pretty psyched to go to the event as a guest because it actually looks really good this year). But it’s not over til it’s over, keep the hope alive, ya never know!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, I'm hoping everything turned out good got everyone. I ended up getting cast as a Blackout Performer and I'm a little disappointed as I wanted to dress up and actually scare. I didnt have a fitting so it's not looking good but I'm a little confused as I'm 6'1 and I know they usually reserve the big guys for the 'big bads'. Is it possible that I could end up with a costumed role or not at all? My maze dosent have any creatures or anything I can think of thatd be a blackout. I may ask for a recasting if that's the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey XD005. I ended up getting cast as a Blackout Performer as well. What do Blackout Performers actually do? I have no clue as to what goes on as one. Are we just people behind the scenes? Do we just sit there with no costume or makeup? I'm just very curious. I'm sorry that you are disappointed. It sounds like I will be on board with you once I get an answer lol. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JestersGame said:

Hey XD005. I ended up getting cast as a Blackout Performer as well. What do Blackout Performers actually do? I have no clue as to what goes on as one. Are we just people behind the scenes? Do we just sit there with no costume or makeup? I'm just very curious. I'm sorry that you are disappointed. It sounds like I will be on board with you once I get an answer lol. Have a great rest of your weekend!

They move animatronics and stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

They move animatronics and stuff like that.

Ah, okay. That's pretty neat. It also says swing 3. I'm assuming that means if the first two cannot make it, then they go with the third? Like basically on call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...