Jump to content
zombieman

Your original Prequel/Sequel/Mashup for HHN 29

Recommended Posts

If you could themes for three original houses or scarezones this year, what would you dream up?

 

Rules:

House #1 must be a PREQUEL to an HHN original concept used at HHN previously.  Can be set in different time or locale.

House #2 must be a SEQUEL to an HHN original concept used at HHN previously.  Can be set in different time or locale.

House #3 must be a MASHUP of two or more original concepts used at HHN previously.

 

 

These would be mine: 

 

PREQUEL: Iconic Origins.  Origin stories for Jack, Eddie, and Chance.  Since the carnival and Oddfellow would be necessary, probably too soon after Carnival Graveyard for HHN 29.

 

SEQUEL: Nightengales: Revelation.   The Nightengales have enjoyed every major conflict throughout the ages, and during the final days of mankind they don't hide behind a facade of a healer.  They are revealed to have been among those that we have trusted all our lives.  Scenes of apocalyptic destruction and chaos where anyone can be revealed to be a Nightengale.  Almost sounds better suited as a scarezone.

 

MASHUP: Theater of Pain.  The Usher presents a film festival of The Director's films.  The house would start with the Director creating snuff films in his studio, transitioning to the cutting room, transitioning to the Universal Theater where the Usher is present.  Hallways would include projections of the black and white snuff films playing on scrim both sides (a'la the Freddy vs Jason house) revealing live black and white scenes of what is playing.  Would be very cool to see these scenes syncing between live and projection.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repost from another thread, though this would preferably be for 30:

 

PREQUEL: 

Nightingales: Blood Splattered Banner (New York if scare zone  - During the War of 1812, the warring American and British troops were blissfully unaware of a sinister third party: the carnivorous, shapeshifting Nightingales, preying upon the weak in every war throughout history. As the Battle of Fort McHenry rages on, you'll find the bombs bursting in air to be the least of your worries as you have no idea who is fighting with you or who is hunting for you. 

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Prequel would be SAWS AND STEAM: Beginning of The End. It'd be set in the streets of New Yorkshire, obviously, but during the early days of the apocalypse - where people are just now wrapping their heads around the fact that yes, all the water in the oceans has disappeared into a crack in the Earth... somehow. In turn, people have taken to the streets in hysteria, many armed with steamsaws.

 

The Sequel would be HAVOC: QUARANTINED. A team of workers are clearing out the abandoned Shadow Creek labs, only to find a dungeon full of rejected supersoldiers. These deformed freaks are out for blood, fueled only by the rage of being abandoned.

 

The Crossover? RUN LIKE HELL. While searching for parts for his failing RUN business, Eddie Schmidt found a box with some occult paraphernalia inside. After a spell in a book from the box catches his fancy, Eddie opens a portal to Hell, where the inhabitants can't wait to join in on the fun. Now, RUN LIKE HELL is ready for participants, and it's gonna be a hell of a time.

(The house is a crossover with any demon house or scarezone. Or maybe all of them.)

Edited by DocNiktMarr
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prequel- Icons: The Early Years: Witness how each of HHN’s sinister icons began their long histories of death and brutality. Get a glimpse into the past as each horrific character showcases their first kill, intricate backstories and start of darkness.

 

Sequel- A Match Made in Hell: Impressed by the carnage she created at Shadybrook, Jack the Clown has finally decided to propose to his psychotic side kick Chance. You are cordially invited to a wedding like no other. Try not to gag at Jack’s disgusting dinner recommendations, witness Chance’s obscene method of picking bridesmaid dresses, and try not to be embroiled into the bride and groom’s maniacal bachelor and bachelorette parties. It’ll be a Scream. (I could this being the theme for HHN 30 if it’s an anniversary year with all the other icons returning as “wedding guests”)

 

Mashup- Ashes of the Dollhouse: Cindy Caine has finally found a new place in which to play. The demented Dollhouse of the Damned and it’s terrifying inhabitants are more than happy to help Cindy make her insane plans a horrific reality. Will you be able to get out before the fires start?

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

Watched the first five episodes of Haunting of Hill House this weekend. Takes  a lot to freak me out with a movie or show, but this show does the trick. In terms of a maze based on the show, I'm not sure how it will translate. I'm sure the sets will be top notch, but you don't really see too much in terms of physical ghosts or monsters to fill an entire house. Maybe I just need to see the rest of the series first, but so far you have Abigail, the zombie in the basement, the bent neck lady and the floating dude with the cane. Is that enough to create an entire maze off of? 

 

There are ghosts hidden in every episode, just gotta look hard. I watched a season compilation of them and got real freaked out that I missed so many. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

 

There are ghosts hidden in every episode, just gotta look hard. I watched a season compilation of them and got real freaked out that I missed so many. 

 

Quick question, how the heck did this guy's post end up in this topic and not the speculation topic it's supposed to be in?

 

More specifically, how can you type a post for one topic with a quote from that topic yet the website puts you in the wrong topic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

 

Quick question, how the heck did this guy's post end up in this topic and not the speculation topic it's supposed to be in?

 

More specifically, how can you type a post for one topic with a quote from that topic yet the website puts you in the wrong topic?

 

The reply box will retain a post you started. If he started the reply, but closed out the website before he finished and posted, the post would have remained in the reply box. 

 

Clicking this thread by accident, he could have finished his post and posted it here. 

 

This is is speculation on my part. 

 

I cant figure out how to move it to the appropriate thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prequel -  interstellar terror.. Imagine if you saw legit creatures attacking the ship and you. 
 I am sucker for space theme stuff.  I doubt that they would go into space theme

 Sequel - Leave it to cleaver 2000's  The town of Carey, Ohio has been through a lot of tough times. still cannibals but now even hungrier since the fall out of great depression. On the eve of the leader annual party a group of workers of mr. meetz attack. 

mix up. 
 Something  Like Creatures meets Seeds of extinction enough campiness  from creatures mixed with the unknown scariness of Seeds. I think if you could combine them it would be something great. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sequels: 2019: Slaughter Sinema Redux: focus on silly 80’s style horror films once Again or those silly B-movies we see today on the SYFY channel. For 2019(although this may be 2020), I see Psychoacarepy being possible. 

 

2020(there’s a lot more for this on c’mon HHN XXX: Chance will be played by none other than Jenna Jameson and we”ll be thrown back to the 90’s HBO webs... lol Not really.

2020: Screamhouse or All-Nite Die-In: The Next Generation: focus on a “new” setting with both of these with our old friends. Also I see Dungeon Of Terror making a comeback as well with vampires and psychoscarepy. And RUN 4 YOUR LIFE I see as one in 2020.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not picky between prequel/sequel/mashup but here is my top list of houses I want to see a return in some capacity:

 

Gothic

Dollhouse of the Damned

Asylum in Wonderland

Urban Legends: La Llorna

Tomb of the Ancients

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prequel

Catacombs: Into the Black - Focuses on the plague stricken town of Cary and ends  with the entombing of the Doctors

 

Sequel

Hell High: Class Reunion - The survivors return to revisit sad memories, unaware that a new masked killer stalks.

 

Mashup

Afterlife: Dark Torment - Two houses, thematically connected. It's a 3D view of what awaits you in death.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to picked some of these because they really interested me in seeing how they'd look like these, there are others, I just gotta planned out a little more, need more coffee XD

 

 

Prequel - Deadtropolis - Land Of The Dead - Humans are outnumbered and you are next in line as the dead continue to invade and take over the world, be ushered into an experience you'll never forget as there is no where to run or hide in this demolished city, escape while you can from the zombie siege before you.

 

Sequel - Psychoscareapy: RUN:  Eddie has become more maniacal than before as he brings you back to Shadybrook but not check you in but to take you out, as you are the next contestant for his game RUN, RUN for your life through the haunted asylum and escape before you meet your doom at the hands of Eddie and his vicious bloody-thirsty pals and his trusty chainsaw. Do you survive the night in Shadybrook?

 

Mash Up - Scream House: Collections - The Caretaker returns to his burned down mortuary and funeral home as he rebuilds and begins to revenge on the town that had destroyed it and his life's work, with his new subjects and The Collectors joining him, he continues to find his search for a soul to claim his own and continuing robbing graves and while his followers begin collecting, collecting, collecting.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prequel - The Director: First Take - This house takes you through the twisted mind of The Director when he was making his first films. As you go through, the films will get more disturbing and torturous as The Director takes bigger approaches to his "stars" and how they die in his movies. And for the ending, The Director is filming his newest movie... Which happens to star you. Can you survive the First Take?

 

Sequel - H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror: Rerun - It's been 10 years since the massacre at Channel 21 WKNB Station, and Larry Kurtzberg has been imprisoned in Carey Brook Emporium ever since. Channel 21 WKNB Station has announced they are premiering a reboot of The Midnight Horror Show with a new actor to play H.R. Bloodengutz. And this reboot is premiering on the same night that Larry is being transferred to Shadybrook Asylum. In the middle of the transportation though, the bus crashes and all the inmates escape... Including Larry. He makes his way to Channel 21 WKNB Station, slaughters the director, producer, and cameramen, and holds the new actor hostage. He gets into his old H.R. Bloodengutz costume and announces his grand return to the show, and that tonight's premiere will be an improved rerun of the final episode. Prepare for carnage and some dark comedy as H.R. Bloodengutz presents his new and improved rerun of Holidays of Horror!

 

Mash Up - Seeds of the Reaping - A mash up of Scarecrow: The Reaping and Seeds of Extinction. The monstrous plants and vegetation has expanded its way into an old farm that was one of the many victims of the dust bowl. However, the scarecrows that guard this land refuse to let anything invade. In this battle of scarecrows and mutant plants, you must escape with your life. Will you live to tell the tale, or will you fall victim to the scythe of a scarecrow, or the meat-eating plants? Good luck.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

Prequel - The Director: First Take - This house takes you through the twisted mind of The Director when he was making his first films. As you go through, the films will get more disturbing and torturous as The Director takes bigger approaches to his "stars" and how they die in his movies. And for the ending, The Director is filming his newest movie... Which happens to star you. Can you survive the First Take?

 

Sequel - H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror: Rerun - It's been 10 years since the massacre at Channel 21 WKNB Station, and Larry Kurtzberg has been imprisoned in Carey Brook Emporium ever since. Channel 21 WKNB Station has announced they are premiering a reboot of The Midnight Horror Show with a new actor to play H.R. Bloodengutz. And this reboot is premiering on the same night that Larry is being transferred to Shadybrook Asylum. In the middle of the transportation though, the bus crashes and all the inmates escape... Including Larry. He makes his way to Channel 21 WKNB Station, slaughters the director, producer, and cameramen, and holds the new actor hostage. He gets into his old H.R. Bloodengutz costume and announces his grand return to the show, and that tonight's premiere will be an improved rerun of the final episode. Prepare for carnage and some dark comedy as H.R. Bloodengutz presents his new and improved rerun of Holidays of Horror!

 

Mash Up - Seeds of the Reaping - A mash up of Scarecrow: The Reaping and Seeds of Extinction. The monstrous plants and vegetation has expanded its way into an old farm that was one of the many victims of the dust bowl. However, the scarecrows that guard this land refuse to let anything invade. In this battle of scarecrows and mutant plants, you must escape with your life. Will you live to tell the tale, or will you fall victim to the scythe of a scarecrow, or the meat-eating plants? Good luck.

I like this.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This page hasn't been touched in a hot minute, and I have a lot of ideas for houses, so why not?

 

PREQUEL

Where Evil Begins - Travel back to 1940s New York, where struggling author Elsa Strict discovers a mysterious storybook that grants her anything she writes into it. However, the dream soon becomes a nightmare when she begins to go insane. (yes, i'm biased. so what?)

 

SEQUEL

PsychoScareapy: Squeaky Clean - After years of abandonment, the old Shadybrook Rest Home and Sanitarium has been reopened! Filled with cutting edge technology and caring wait staff, it seems like the days of Shadybrook's treacherous past have been forgotten. However, there seems to be something in the water...

 

MASHUP

All Out War -  In the midst of the Vietnam War, the Body Collectors have taken shop in an abandoned weapons factory. Eager to begin the next chapter of their business, their victim count has dropped due to the arrival of a gang of bloodthirsty nurses. Who will prevail, the Body Collectors or the Nightingales? No matter who wins, both armies will lose. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 11:28 AM, terracruentus said:

This page hasn't been touched in a hot minute, and I have a lot of ideas for houses, so why not?

 

PREQUEL

Where Evil Begins - Travel back to 1940s New York, where struggling author Elsa Strict discovers a mysterious storybook that grants her anything she writes into it. However, the dream soon becomes a nightmare when she begins to go insane. (yes, i'm biased. so what?)

 

SEQUEL

PsychoScareapy: Squeaky Clean - After years of abandonment, the old Shadybrook Rest Home and Sanitarium has been reopened! Filled with cutting edge technology and caring wait staff, it seems like the days of Shadybrook's treacherous past have been forgotten. However, there seems to be something in the water...

 

MASHUP

All Out War -  In the midst of the Vietnam War, the Body Collectors have taken shop in an abandoned weapons factory. Eager to begin the next chapter of their business, their victim count has dropped due to the arrival of a gang of bloodthirsty nurses. Who will prevail, the Body Collectors or the Nightingales? No matter who wins, both armies will lose. 

I love the Nightingales and Body Collectors idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 11:28 AM, terracruentus said:

This page hasn't been touched in a hot minute, and I have a lot of ideas for houses, so why not?

 

PREQUEL

Where Evil Begins - Travel back to 1940s New York, where struggling author Elsa Strict discovers a mysterious storybook that grants her anything she writes into it. However, the dream soon becomes a nightmare when she begins to go insane. (yes, i'm biased. so what?)

 

SEQUEL

PsychoScareapy: Squeaky Clean - After years of abandonment, the old Shadybrook Rest Home and Sanitarium has been reopened! Filled with cutting edge technology and caring wait staff, it seems like the days of Shadybrook's treacherous past have been forgotten. However, there seems to be something in the water...

 

MASHUP

All Out War -  In the midst of the Vietnam War, the Body Collectors have taken shop in an abandoned weapons factory. Eager to begin the next chapter of their business, their victim count has dropped due to the arrival of a gang of bloodthirsty nurses. Who will prevail, the Body Collectors or the Nightingales? No matter who wins, both armies will lose. 

well...i was KIND OF right

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...