Jump to content
mz_

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

 Us is decent film.
 

 The house will be odd.
Cheap and easy costumes, it's just jumpsuits from macy's parade.  that why we got another year of myers last year and those other chainsaw gang by F&F.

I personally think they could kept the original house, but the cost was too high.
 On the record, I think Jordan Peele is great, but he is becoming like M. Night" Shyamalan with the twist, it's boxing himself to be one type director. He won't do a Slasher film because he stated that he doesn't get scare or like them.
 I would like him to redefine the genre of slashers without making it twist ending where it was a mental person and he accidentally stabbed a bunny.

 Also, Ghost Busters and Stranger things 2?   Do we know if it's a two year deal for Busters? or will it just be the 1st film?  Also, why wasn't this reveal during the Ghost buster con in Cali?
 I think they could sold a lot of tickets if they did that..

Ghostbusters will have the story of the first film, with some cameo ghosts from the sequel and remake.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's the comedy house? Ghostbusters or Killer Klownz?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scare Zone hype list!

 

#1 - Vikings - This has the potential to be a really fun scare zone. Vikings shouting at you and marching around, this could be crazy!

 

#2 - Zombieland - Haven't seen the film yet, but from what I've seen, this could also be a very fun zone.

 

#3 - Plastic Surgery - Sounds interesting.

 

#4 - Anarch-ade - Haunted arcade? Sounds cool.

 

#5 - The Music & Films of Rob Zombie - I'd rather have TWD 2015.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

 

#4 - Anarch-ade - Haunted arcade? Sounds cool.

I'm going to take a stab at this one. Since they're going with the "80's" again, my guess is that this will have a retro feel and will be a throwback to mall arcades, with ground projections that look like the photo below and neon all around. It would be neat if they had booths set up like they normally do, but they're just giant versions of these coin-op games. They'll probably have to make up the names due to copyright issues or if Nintendo doesn't want to see bloody versions of Mario.

Arcade-1.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I'm going to take a stab at this one. Since they're going with the "80's" again, my guess is that this will have a retro feel and will be a throwback to mall arcades, with ground projections that look like the photo below and neon all around. It would be neat if they had booths set up like they normally do, but they're just giant versions of these coin-op games. They'll probably have to make up the names due to copyright issues or if Nintendo doesn't want to see bloody versions of Mario.

Arcade-1.jpg

Wish this was going in Hollywood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also one more thing to note about Us that I forgot to bring up is that it is current. With the exception of Stranger Things nothing is "now" and I think they definitely need that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rikku said:

Also one more thing to note about Us that I forgot to bring up is that it is current. With the exception of Stranger Things nothing is "now" and I think they definitely need that

They better use IT next year and make it a mega-house for the 30th. That would be a nice current addition.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone - Not to beat a dead horse but I think everyone worried about US is overlooking a very important aspect. HHN is developing a relationship with a content-creator (Peele) who whether you like him or not, is gaining quite a bit of pull in the entertainment industry.

 

HHN has been made possible throughout the years by good relationships. Rob Zombie helped put this event on the map! And through HHNs savvy networking we have many of the wonderful properties you're excited about this year.

 

I didn't love US, but not only am I excited the see what A&D will do with it, but also glad that HHN Orlando has established another relationship to work with.

 

...That being said I'm so glad my boy Graveyard didn't get cut :ninja: 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen in the last 24 hours.. it appears we are getting another announcement on Thursday.  Anyone want to guess what it is?  I think Killer Klowns.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

From what I've seen in the last 24 hours.. it appears we are getting another announcement on Thursday.  Anyone want to guess what it is?  I think Killer Klowns.

Klowns sounds about right to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone watch Legion? Last weeks episode had “time demons”, creatures that control time and play with you like a cat does with its prey. You couldn’t see them move, just every now and again they’d appear closer (think the door in the extending hallway in Poltergeist last year, or the weeping angels from Doctor Who). They looked like shadows with bright blue eyes, with a really creepy laugh. It was a really well done, unsettling episode and I’d love to see A&D tackle something similar. Appreciate it would be extremely difficult, but some kind of effect where all of a sudden something from far away is right in your face without looking like it moved at all would scare the crap out of me haha

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleaned up the thread, removing HHN30 speculation (of which I was also guilty).

 

Back to the present!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, hunnylvr said:

From what I've seen in the last 24 hours.. it appears we are getting another announcement on Thursday.  Anyone want to guess what it is?  I think Killer Klowns.

I’m hoping for some SZ announcements.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marc said:

I’m hoping for some SZ announcements.

It won’t be for this one since Hollywood is also getting it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marc said:

I’m hoping for some SZ announcements.

Hollywood just released their Pricking by my thumbs tweet, it's Killer Klownz.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, zombieman said:

Cleaned up the thread, removing HHN30 speculation (of which I was also guilty).

 

Back to the present!

Thank you and I love what you guys have been doing to update the site!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I have at three houses/mazes I am skipping this year in favor of a couple of others. I realize and respect others may feel differently, but GhostBusters, Stranger Things and extraterrestrial clowns are a hard pass for me. Not my cup of tea but if other's are excited I'll raise a toast them and be happy for them. I'm personally excited about the Universal Monster's maze. I know that may surprise some based upon my avatar. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hgwy407 said:

Now I have at three houses/mazes I am skipping this year in favor of a couple of others. I realize and respect others may feel differently, but GhostBusters, Stranger Things and extraterrestrial clowns are a hard pass for me. Not my cup of tea but if other's are excited I'll raise a toast them and be happy for them. I'm personally excited about the Universal Monster's maze. I know that may surprise some based upon my avatar. :D

As you are coming from California, and I'm assuming you are doing HHN for more than one night, seems to me every house is worth the go one time (especially if you have Express).  I was not looking forward to Poltergeist and it turned out to be the GOAT for me.  I could understand skipping these in Hollywood, but Orlando rarely lets me down. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as Aiello talks about this being his dream house, the event seems to be getting away from actual horror.

 

Gigantic latex masks of clowns don't scare me.  Unless they can jury-rig some animatronic masks to give the clowns some detail, this will end up as boring as the scarezone was last year.  Let's just hope they have a ton of jump-scares planned.

 

At least Ghostbusters can rely on great sets, effects and, if done well, some nice puppets.  I'm down for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

As much as Aiello talks about this being his dream house, the event seems to be getting away from actual horror.

 

Gigantic latex masks of clowns don't scare me.  Unless they can jury-rig some animatronic masks to give the clowns some detail, this will end up as boring as the scarezone was last year.  Let's just hope they have a ton of jump-scares planned.

 

At least Ghostbusters can rely on great sets, effects and, if done well, some nice puppets.  I'm down for that.

I don't like when people use the terms "real horror" or "actual horror" because it's just so subjective. Horror isn't always slashers and gore. Case in point, the house that actually scared me the most last year was Seeds of Extinction because that existential, Lovecraftian, Weird Horror just frightens me. That wouldn't be considered "real horror" but it worked really well for what it was. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dripping Venom said:

I don't like when people use the terms "real horror" or "actual horror" because it's just so subjective. Horror isn't always slashers and gore. Case in point, the house that actually scared me the most last year was Seeds of Extinction because that existential, Lovecraftian, Weird Horror just frightens me. That wouldn't be considered "real horror" but it worked really well for what it was. 

I understand totally that 'horror' is subjective...  And I certainly never said that it only encompasses slashers and gore.

 

I'm all for IPs...  As long as they can provide an adequate event atmosphere and true scare.  While I get that 'bringing tv shows to life' brings in an incredible amount of money to the event, I don't want them to stray too far from their roots.  

 

Seeds was brilliant.  And yes, it was unsettling and that made it scary.  I'm all for oddball concepts...  As long as the execution is pristine (as Seeds was).

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have very low expectations for this. Not a fan at all of the film. Last years SZ was average. Best part was the smoke filled bubble IMO.

 

The last several years there has been one house that I hit the first night and skipped the rest of our visit. So far if I had to guess... this will be that one.

 

In years past:

2018 - Blumhouse

2017 - Blumhouse

2016 - Lunatics Playground

2015 - Purge

2013 - Havoc: Derailed.

2012 - Alice Cooper

 

All once through and done. All well done but Im gonna spend my time going through something a little more "horror".

 

And now that Im looking up all the houses... how effin great was HHN 21????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dripping Venom said:

I don't like when people use the terms "real horror" or "actual horror" because it's just so subjective. Horror isn't always slashers and gore. Case in point, the house that actually scared me the most last year was Seeds of Extinction because that existential, Lovecraftian, Weird Horror just frightens me. That wouldn't be considered "real horror" but it worked really well for what it was. 

The backstory told on the facade alone made Seeds the scariest house for me last year, being pretty damn similar to concerns we currently face: "CO2 levels increase exponentially; rapid change in temperature causes mammal and marine organisms to quickly die out...abundant algae blooms in ocean waters suffocating bottom dwellers and killing all coral."

 

A very misunderstood house IMO. I get the feeling that Depths will be similarly misunderstood if what Legacy said about it is correct.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...