Jump to content
mz_

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, LilPetts said:

Whilst i understand why you think this, for someone like me a price increase that dramatic would probably mean i'm no longer able to attend or would have to cut down the amount of nights i do attend. I travel from the UK every year and get a FF+E and spend £500+ ($630-ish) on flights alone. To then be spending another £500 on my tickets would mean that's £1000 ($1,300) before i've even eaten anything lol. 

 

6 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I’m also from the UK and do have some sympathy for this. It would be good to have alternatives such as a 14 day pass, whereby you can go as many times as you want during a 14 day period (similar to theme park tickets). Would help international visitors who currently either have to buy individual night tickets or multi-night tickets where they realistically could only attend a small number of nights anyway. 

I can support a new “week pass,” or package pricing similar to Magic Your Way (lower per night costs based on how many nights purchased). As the event runs longer, something like that almost becomes a better option than RoF.

 

I literally stopped attending because it got too crowded for my taste. An RIP tour is the only way I’ll go back. I want to see Universal curtail attendance while maintaining profits.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I’m also from the UK and do have some sympathy for this. It would be good to have alternatives such as a 14 day pass, whereby you can go as many times as you want during a 14 day period (similar to theme park tickets). Would help international visitors who currently either have to buy individual night tickets or multi-night tickets where they realistically could only attend a small number of nights anyway. 

I think that would be a great option too!

24 minutes ago, Legacy said:

 

I can support a new “week pass,” or package pricing similar to Magic Your Way (lower per night costs based on how many nights purchased). As the event runs longer, something like that almost becomes a better option than RoF.

 

I literally stopped attending because it got too crowded for my taste. An RIP tour is the only way I’ll go back. I want to see Universal curtail attendance while maintaining profits.

Yeah i agree, that sucks that you stopped attending! Hopefully they might come up with a way that will please everyone. Maybe even if it was limiting individual night ticket sales and reserving spaces for FF/RoF holders to attend. I guess its a difficult thing to manage, but i hope you decide to come back and enjoy - even with the crowds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Legacy said:

I’m for eliminating them or drastically increasing the prices. I think they can make more profit and improve the experience by doing that.

 

Here’s my proposed pricing (AP discounts in parentheses):

 

Rush of Fear : $309.99 ($239.99)

Rush of Fear Express : $449.99 ($344.99)

The first 17 Event Nights

 

Frequent Fear : $399.99 ($374.99)

Frequent Fear Express : $549.99 ($489.99)

EVERY Sunday-Thursday event night PLUS the first two weekends and the last Friday event night.

 

Frequent Fear Plus : $649.99 (No AP Discount)

Frequent Fear Plus Express : $799.99 (No AP Discount)

All Sundays-Fridays, the first two nights and the last Saturday. Includes parking.

 

Ultimate Frequent Fear : $899.99 (No AP Discount)

Ultimate Frequent Fear Express : $999.99 (No AP Discount)

I honestly thought that they were going to implement passes that were only good for one (or possibly two) weeks at a time instead of the entire season. That would definitely thin out the crowds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just booked flights and Cabana Bay for 5 nights at like $530 each. Not a bad deal!!! Now FF+E is gonna add that much on by itself. Oh well. Want to experience HHN? Gotta do what we gotta do. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else kinda wish they'd do a NOS4A2 house? They already have a relationship with AMC. The book was awesome and the series is looking great so far. (I'm actually quite pleased with how they're splitting the book up, at least from looking at the cast and episode lists). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, faceleg said:

Does anyone else kinda wish they'd do a NOS4A2 house? They already have a relationship with AMC. The book was awesome and the series is looking great so far. (I'm actually quite pleased with how they're splitting the book up, at least from looking at the cast and episode lists). 

I need to watch this....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, faceleg said:

Does anyone else kinda wish they'd do a NOS4A2 house? They already have a relationship with AMC. The book was awesome and the series is looking great so far. (I'm actually quite pleased with how they're splitting the book up, at least from looking at the cast and episode lists). 

I loved the book too. I'm six episodes in, and I'm actually enjoying all of the changes their making to the narrative. It makes sense for a TV show.

 

Wait until you get a glimpse of Christmasland (pretty sure that was in episode 5). The gates were made to be an HHN facade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I loved the book too. I'm six episodes in, and I'm actually enjoying all of the changes their making to the narrative. It makes sense for a TV show.

 

Wait until you get a glimpse of Christmasland (pretty sure that was in episode 5). The gates were made to be an HHN facade. 

 

I don't have AMC Premier just Sling so I have to watch them as they air, lol. Honestly there's so much (from the book at least) they could use in a house. Manx, Bing, a couple of the vamp kids, the smell of gingerbread in the air (which I hope they keep in the series). I would legit cry if part of it was walking through the Shorter Way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, faceleg said:

 

I don't have AMC Premier just Sling so I have to watch them as they air, lol. Honestly there's so much (from the book at least) they could use in a house. Manx, Bing, a couple of the vamp kids, the smell of gingerbread in the air (which I hope they keep in the series). I would legit cry if part of it was walking through the Shorter Way. 

Gingerbread smoke is definitely in the series. They didn't water Bing's character down as much as I thought they would.

I would get so many chills if mid-house, you walked across the shorter way and it opened into the Christmasland gates. Kind of like how they did the mid-way Haddonfield Hospital a few years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Gingerbread smoke is definitely in the series. They didn't water Bing's character down as much as I thought they would.

I would get so many chills if mid-house, you walked across the shorter way and it opened into the Christmasland gates. Kind of like how they did the mid-way Haddonfield Hospital a few years ago.

I think it could make a good transitional tool as well. You cross through the bridge and it has the next destination on the wall. Though I don't know how many settings they could use. I'm on the second episode now and just finished the scene with Bing and Manx. (I rewatched the first episode again)

 

ETA: I *was* on the second episode. Either my ipad, the app, or the wifi here at work keep messing up. When I restart the app the episode starts over again at the part where she confronts her dad. It's done that twice now, so I'll just wait till I get home

Edited by faceleg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am probably getting a season pass this HHN trip.  Can someone please confirm whether they are offering AP discounts on:

Rush of Fear + Express

Frequent Fear + Express

Frequent Fear Plus + Express

If so what are they?  

Thanks

 

Also, they currently only have UOAP hotel rates through Sep 26.  Do they typically release a block of rates for season pass holders for late Sep and Oct?  Any idea when it may happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I am probably getting a season pass this HHN trip.  Can someone please confirm whether they are offering AP discounts on:

Rush of Fear + Express

Frequent Fear + Express

Frequent Fear Plus + Express

If so what are they?  

Thanks

 

Also, they currently only have UOAP hotel rates through Sep 26.  Do they typically release a block of rates for season pass holders for late Sep and Oct?  Any idea when it may happen?

Prices from the AP page:

 

Rush of Fear + Express: $314.99 + Tax (w/o Discount $334.99)

Frequent Fear + Express: $359.99 + Tax (w/o Discount $374.99)

Frequent Fear Plus + Express: $459.99 + Tax  (No discount)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with raising prices and thinning out the crowds a bit (hopefully)

 

HHN keeps getting more popular and the event does shortfall because of the intense crowds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Image may contain: outdoor

 

Well until Universal updates the site again with a new background, I'm guessing this is still cool right? I just had to make another edit with this background and this one came out well, 87 days!

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, zombieman said:

I am probably getting a season pass this HHN trip.  Can someone please confirm whether they are offering AP discounts on:

Rush of Fear + Express

Frequent Fear + Express

Frequent Fear Plus + Express

If so what are they?  

Thanks

 

Also, they currently only have UOAP hotel rates through Sep 26.  Do they typically release a block of rates for season pass holders for late Sep and Oct?  Any idea when it may happen?

I booked sept.25th-oct.2nd using aph. they are showing aph rates thru the 1st week of oct., but are still much higher than the last week of sept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

I agree with raising prices and thinning out the crowds a bit (hopefully)

 

HHN keeps getting more popular and the event does shortfall because of the intense crowds.

 

The idea of pricing people out of the event seems like such a bummer to me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ultimateforce said:

 

The idea of pricing people out of the event seems like such a bummer to me. 

I agree but I guess only time will tell however the pricing for this year does not bode well for the future, I am sure it won't jump drastically to Legacy's pricing by next year but just steadily climb there over the next few years. It just was a shock this year since last year with AP discount I paid $407 per FFP+ Express and now this year it is $460, and I buy both my partner's and my own pass so not just a $50 increase but $100. If I was still single it probably wouldn't hurt as much as when I traveled to the event as single I didn't have as many responsibilities so it was whatever but now it hits a lot more buying for two especially the past couple of years traveling to the event as a couple lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year was my first ever HHN even though I've wanted to go since the start. Either I didn't have the money or I had a night job. I understand all the money that goes into putting on HHN and it's designed to make money but it's still a bummer that's how it has to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Haven't been able to post in a while, but this has been a super crazy year for speculation, definitely wild for my first! This is gonna be my first year getting a Frequent Fear, so I'm stoked to go a lot! 

 

I can't believe the lineup is pretty much prematurely revealed. But to keep speculation rolling, what are you guys hoping to see from the originals/scarezones that haven't been talked about a lot yet? Personally I'm hoping Tooth Fairy goes the Knott's route and has a ton of dentophobia aspects with buzzing and mouth gore. And I'm also super excited to see what comes of the Vikings scarezone, because big lumbering Vikings covered in snow/ice sounds legit. We'll probably get a lot of ambient Dark Fantasy music.

Edited by nebulaexpress
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

Haven't been able to post in a while, but this has been a super crazy year for speculation, definitely wild for my first! This is gonna be my first year getting a Frequent Fear, so I'm stoked to go a lot! 

 

I can't believe the lineup is pretty much prematurely revealed. But to keep speculation rolling, what are you guys hoping to see from the originals/scarezones that haven't been talked about a lot yet? Personally I'm hoping Tooth Fairy goes the Knott's route and has a ton of dentophobia aspects with buzzing and mouth gore. And I'm also super excited to see what comes of the Vikings scarezone, because big lumbering Vikings covered in snow/ice sounds legit. We'll probably get a lot of ambient Dark Fantasy music.

I'm very excited for this year, I felt like something about this year was going to be cheesy, I'm not sure if they were planning on bringing back the 80s or higher up decision but whatever the case, it's still cool that they are bringing back the 80s one more time for this year, as for the originals I'm very pleased abit, it's the scarezone that really caught my interest and hopefully those are the next to be revealed after the promotional stuff Universal is getting through HP and Hagrid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 7:28 AM, Drummanmatt said:

I’m also from the UK and do have some sympathy for this. It would be good to have alternatives such as a 14 day pass, whereby you can go as many times as you want during a 14 day period (similar to theme park tickets). Would help international visitors who currently either have to buy individual night tickets or multi-night tickets where they realistically could only attend a small number of nights anyway. 

 

You beat me to this!  Your comments wouldn't apply only to overseas travelers, but for out of state travelers as well. 

 

Legacy's insane idea for pricing would have me paying $2400 for my group of three to attend 8-10 nights.  That's ridiculous.  If they wanted to increase passes by that much, then they would have to take into consideration the fans who travel for the event who can only go a certain number of specific nights.  Even Matt's suggestion wouldn't work for us though because we travel to Florida 4 different weekends over the course of the event, so we can make it last as long as possible.  However, most times, we attend two nights for each weekend we are there - except the last weekend, we go three nights.  So, again, buying FF+Express is currently the best financially for me.. but not if they were to ever increase it that much.  It would really break my heart.

 

There are lots of HHN fans who don't live in Florida.. and considering how much they push for tourists.. it probably isn't good business to piss us all off at once.  They could do a reverse resident pass - so, if you DO NOT live in Florida, you can get a separate HHN pass.  How about that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who visits from CA, I'd prefer they severely cap Express Pass sales in Orlando.  Express should mean a < 5 min wait.  Not 30 min vs 90 min.  Hollywood seems to do that one thing right.  Their Express line is always a walk-on even when standby is 150 min.  And they offer an HHN Unlimited Express, too.  All Hollywood Express passes are sold out long before the night in question.  Little chance of getting one once you are there.

 

My point in saying this is that I currently go at least four nights a year.  If I could go one or two nights with an unlimited Express with truly walk-on lines, I'd be taking up less space.  I realize I'm describing a private RIP as my preferred way of experiencing HHN.  But there should be a more affordable way to get part of that experience.  And capping Express is a good way. 

 

Hollywood and Orlando operate wildly differently for HHN.  I'd love to be able to see their bottom line...  Hollywood is a tiny park with a much lower capacity.  But the fact that they tightly cap Express (and charge far less for Express than Orlando) means they could be making so much more on Express.  Orlando sells "after 11PM" Express passes that are impossible to completely use.  They sell these for more than Hollywood sells their most expensive Express.  Even factoring in park capacity, Orlando's profit just from Express must be obscene.  There must be a happy medium between these models that would please most, including the bean counters.

 

For someone travelling from a different country, I think Hollywood has a friendlier option to feel like a VIP.  But their product is far inferior to Orlando's.  

 

In a way, we are all bitching about Orlando putting out consistent high quality.   Damn them.  If Hollywood can have rubbish years, why can't they?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, zombieman said:

As someone who visits from CA, I'd prefer they severely cap Express Pass sales in Orlando.  Express should mean a < 5 min wait.  Not 30 min vs 90 min.  Hollywood seems to do that one thing right.  Their Express line is always a walk-on even when standby is 150 min.  And they offer an HHN Unlimited Express, too.  All Hollywood Express passes are sold out long before the night in question.  Little chance of getting one once you are there.

 

My point in saying this is that I currently go at least four nights a year.  If I could go one or two nights with an unlimited Express with truly walk-on lines, I'd be taking up less space.  I realize I'm describing a private RIP as my preferred way of experiencing HHN.  But there should be a more affordable way to get part of that experience.  And capping Express is a good way. 

 

Hollywood and Orlando operate wildly differently for HHN.  I'd love to be able to see their bottom line...  Hollywood is a tiny park with a much lower capacity.  But the fact that they tightly cap Express (and charge far less for Express than Orlando) means they could be making so much more on Express.  Orlando sells "after 11PM" Express passes that are impossible to completely use.  They sell these for more than Hollywood sells their most expensive Express.  Even factoring in park capacity, Orlando's profit just from Express must be obscene.  There must be a happy medium between these models that would please most, including the bean counters.

 

For someone travelling from a different country, I think Hollywood has a friendlier option to feel like a VIP.  But their product is far inferior to Orlando's.  

 

In a way, we are all bitching about Orlando putting out consistent high quality.   Damn them.  If Hollywood can have rubbish years, why can't they?

 

We've done Hollywood four different years in addition to Orlando.  I've always said that Orlando is WAY ahead on quality overall.  The only house I enjoyed better in Hollywood vs Orlando was Alien vs. Predator.  That's it.  Even given that,  if I had to choose, I'd take Orlando every time.  Unless there is an extremely compelling reason to attend the Hollywood event, I doubt I'd travel there to do it again.  My money goes to Orlando.  

 

I agree on the Express - it seems to get worse every year.  Also, since you can only use it once per house per night, you KNOW they are WAY over-selling Express.  I could see express lines going beyond 30 mins if you could use it more than once.. but you can't.  So, there is the answer.  I have no doubt they make an absolute killing on those passes.

 

Frankly, I wouldn't object to paying a bit more for the Express if would price out a larger group.. but they would need to cap the sales at a smaller number.  

 

I really don't have complaints about HHN Orlando.  I love this event more than anything else all year.  I just hope common sense overrides greed when it comes to pricing these passes in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

7SyeDSn.png

Oh, John. Doesn't give a crap and just says "This thing I worked on is not the other projects I'm currently working on" and one of other ones he lists is HHN29. So much more lenient than other IP holders hahahahah

Edited by nebulaexpress
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm from out of state too. I usually only get to go to HHN one night. Last year and this year I got to go/will get to go two nights thanks to the BOGO event they had. I do my best to get to experience everything when I go, and for the exception of the first year I went I have gotten to experience everything. The first year I went was HHN 21. I didn't see the drum show due to rain and didn't spend much time in scare zones because it was my first year and I still didn't exactly know how to tackle the event. Last year I didn't have an express pass, the second night I did. That first night I almost didn't get through everything, if it hadn't rained causing people to leave I wouldn't have gotten through everything. What I noticed that actually caused the most issues with getting through everything was the RIP tours. I understand it costs more and you pay to walk right in, but almost every house I went to there were four or five RIP tours that showed up within a minute or two of each other and it was like everything shut down until each group got through the house. I feel like those could cause more issues than Express Passes. No offense to anyone who does the RIP tours, I just noticed a large number of the groups last year, and in honesty, I'm a little jealous because I would love to be able to afford to do the RIP tours and be able to do the unmasking the fear tours. Also, I know this will most likely be an unpopular opinion, but I hope they don't end up having more than ten houses. For people out of state who only get to go one or two nights a year, it can be difficult fitting everything in and experiencing all the event has to offer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...