Jump to content
mz_

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, themazethinker said:

after seeing overlord, i think it can make a awesome maze imo. they can reuse tons of nightingales sets, and there are tons of scenes they can use. [head on the desk,the attic mutation, zombie doc, etc etc]

See, I loved the film, but I also feel as though it wouldn't make a house at all.

 

@LegacyHas Universal tried working with Paramount or A24 for HHN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ryguyof87 said:

@LegacyHas Universal tried working with Paramount or A24 for HHN?

They've worked with Paramount before. Don't think they've tried working with A24 before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Legacy said:

They've worked with Paramount before. Don't think they've tried working with A24 before.

Good to know. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Legacy said:

They've worked with Paramount before. Don't think they've tried working with A24 before.

I wonder if that opens Pet Sematary up for play 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RevFreako said:

I wonder if that opens Pet Sematary up for play 

 

I think they’ll do bulk deals with Netflix and Paramount to fill out their IPs. There’s a lot from House Hill and Overlord to pull from and Pet Semetary looks promising ( those creepy kids from the trailer!). Not sure about A Quiet Place and haven’t watched Sabrina (which I think is produced by Warner TV)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ryguyof87 said:

In that case, can we get The Horrors of A24 instead of Blumhouse then? Kthxbye. LOL 

Put it in soundstage 24, call it soundstage 24. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are my predictions- 

 

Stranger Things 2

The house this year was hugely popular, and I could see them making this the main event again, similar to Walking Dead.

 

The Horrors of Blumhouse-Halloween

The movie has done very well and though I haven’t seen it, I’ve heard there are some haunted house worthy scares.

 

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

I think this will go the scare zone to house route, the scare zone was very popular and despite their size, I think that the house could be fun.

 

Child’s Play

Similar to KKFOS, I think this will go from scare zone to house, the scare zone was also very popular.

 

Pet Sematary

This one is less likely to happen, but I think it would be a very scary house and with the remake, it would be a cool idea.

 

Other possibilities- Scream, Candyman, Blair Witch Project, Ringu

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 5:54 PM, Aaronupsidasium said:

 

Not sure about A Quiet Place and haven’t watched Sabrina (which I think is produced by Warner TV)

I have a feeling Sabrina will end up at HMH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 7:55 PM, ryguyof87 said:

See, I loved the film, but I also feel as though it wouldn't make a house at all.

 

@LegacyHas Universal tried working with Paramount or A24 for HHN?

I think Overlord could actually make a really cool house. I feel like the lab would be such a creepy setting and they could do things with the cocoons people were kept in in the lab. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 2:50 PM, ryguyof87 said:

In that case, can we get The Horrors of A24 instead of Blumhouse then? Kthxbye. LOL 

I'd love that, but I think their films tend to be a little too divisive to play well to the general audience. 

 

Blumhouse is way more fan friendly, and tends to bring in slightly younger fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I'd love that, but I think their films tend to be a little too divisive to play well to the general audience. 

 

Blumhouse is way more fan friendly, and tends to bring in slightly younger fans. 

I know that their films could never have their own houses, but MAN, I'd love a triple feature of It Follows, The Witch, and Hereditary...

2 hours ago, swinney2 said:

I think Overlord could actually make a really cool house. I feel like the lab would be such a creepy setting and they could do things with the cocoons people were kept in in the lab. 

True. And Nightingales was such a great house. I just worry about a lack of variety of rooms.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, BoSoxFan1022 said:

These are my predictions- 

 

Stranger Things 2

The house this year was hugely popular, and I could see them making this the main event again, similar to Walking Dead.

 

The Horrors of Blumhouse-Halloween

The movie has done very well and though I haven’t seen it, I’ve heard there are some haunted house worthy scares.

 

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

I think this will go the scare zone to house route, the scare zone was very popular and despite their size, I think that the house could be fun.

 

Child’s Play

Similar to KKFOS, I think this will go from scare zone to house, the scare zone was also very popular.

 

Pet Sematary

This one is less likely to happen, but I think it would be a very scary house and with the remake, it would be a cool idea.

 

Other possibilities- Scream, Candyman, Blair Witch Project, Ringu

 

No matter what happens, any Chucky house will not carry the Child's Play name, as Universal doesn't have the rights. I think we'll see Pet Sematary if Paramount has the rights without King's involvement. I'm thinking we e might get It as an East Coast exclusive, AS I assume WB wouldn't consider Orlando competition with their event. I'm hoping we get Hellraiser, myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overlord was great, could make an ok house, but I don’t think anyone will touch any nazis in haunts for at least another 40 years or so. I wouldn’t mind an original taking inspiration from the lab, especially the awesome imagery of what he found, basically do an original where the faction doing the experiments is different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ryguyof87 said:

I know that their films could never have their own houses, but MAN, I'd love a triple feature of It Follows, The Witch, and Hereditary...

True. And Nightingales was such a great house. I just worry about a lack of variety of rooms.

 

You coudl have several different rooms. The house the soldiers stay in and the attic, the entrance to the lab, you could go through the woods that soldiers go through at first. I think it would be awesome if they did it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ryguyof87 said:

I'd love a triple feature of It Follows, The Witch, and Hereditary...

I believe It Follows was actually distributed by a subsidiary of Warner, not A24.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Overlord was great, could make an ok house, but I don’t think anyone will touch any nazis in haunts for at least another 40 years or so. I wouldn’t mind an original taking inspiration from the lab, especially the awesome imagery of what he found, basically do an original where the faction doing the experiments is different. 

 

Not going to debate that, one could certainly argue that the sociopolitical climate is different now. However, I do find it a really cool coincidence that War of the Living Dead was a Scarezone in 2009, and shares almost the same exact premise as Overlord.

 

Speaking of things celebrating anniversaries, the following movies were released in 1989 and would fit the narrative of A&D wanting to mine more 80s ground:

 

OG Pet Sematary - So yeah, making a house for the remake seems like something they'd want to cash in on. I just feel like it may have to be overly reliant on puppetry, which kind of worries me.

 

Halloween 5 - If they can't secure permission for 2018's movie, this feels like a given, but I'd also be nervous given the lack of unique setpieces in the movie.

 

Nightmare 5: The Dream Child - Far from my favorite in the franchise, but Mark & Greta's dream world scenes could be fantastic rooms to walk through. SuperFreddy oof lmao. Hopefully the rumors that Uni is trying to get Freddy back are true and prove fruitful.

 

Jason Takes Manhatten - My guilty pleasure in the Friday franchise, idgaf what anyone says. A ship-turned-streets house could be incredibly cool too. If Universal could get Jason back on top of Freddy, we'd be in business here.

 

Puppet Master - You'd have to go the route of that one Chucky house and follow a narrative that you've been Honey I Shrunk the Kids-ed down to their size, but I lowkey really want actors dressed as Blade and Tunneler popping out at me.

 

Shocker - It's a Universal-distributed Wes Craven affair, but I don't know how well it'd translate to a house. 

 

1999 Releases:

 

Sleepy Hollow - Is everything Tim Burton did under Disney's foot now? Hopefully not, period pieces like Sleepy Hollow always make for great houses. Especially with that trippy dream sequence involving the iron maiden. Plus, CHRISTOPHER WALKEN HORSEMAN YES PLZ.

 

The Sixth Sense - Honestly, probably the most popular feature on this list. Feels a lot like Poltergeist where it had a few scenes that were creepy when my generation were kids, but A&D could flesh those scenes out into a more impressive house.

 

House on Haunted Hill remake - And The Haunting, but there wasn't much there to give scareactors to do. HoHH at least had visible ghouls (including the always dapper af Jeffrey Combs one). Still don't see this as likely.

 

The Mummy - I mean, they have the ride and have shown the film a lot of love in the past. I could totally see a 20th anniversary house for it.

 

Virus - This is kind of a longshot, but I mentioned in on Reddit as well. It's distributed by Universal. It turns 20 next year. It's set on a ship, and ship houses are always well-received. And the practical effects in the film were astounding (even if that was all that was good about the movie). I'd be cool with a house for this, fleshy android monsters tick a box for me when it comes to horror stuff I love. Also, DONALD SUTHERLAND ROBOMONSTER PLZ. 

 

2009 Releases:

 

Drag Me To Hell - Fun times, this movie. Doubtful though.

 

My Bloody Valentine 3D - Was already done in Silver Screams. Kinda doubtful as well.

 

Zombieland - Everyone is speculating it, and I don't doubt it as a possibility. Wouldn't be my favorite property for a house, but it could be fun I guess.

 

The Collector - Ayyyy, kinda always had a softspot for this movie and I think it could make for a badass house, or just be Saw revisited and disappoint. Still, probably not well-known enough.

 

Dead Snow - If we can't get Overlord for Nazi reasons, this definitely won't happen. But hey, I think it could make for a fun sequence or 2 if Silver Screams got a new house for Mr. Usher.

 

Friday the 13th remake - Again, no shame, I enjoyed it. Would be totally fine with trap-setting Jason getting his own house. Waaaay better than the trash Nightmare remake, at least.

 

The Human Centipede - Please no. -_-

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FaceBagman said:

 

Not going to debate that, one could certainly argue that the sociopolitical climate is different now. However, I do find it a really cool coincidence that War of the Living Dead was a Scarezone in 2009, and shares almost the same exact premise as Overlord.

 

Speaking of things celebrating anniversaries, the following movies were released in 1989 and would fit the narrative of A&D wanting to mine more 80s ground:

 

OG Pet Sematary - So yeah, making a house for the remake seems like something they'd want to cash in on. I just feel like it may have to be overly reliant on puppetry, which kind of worries me.

 

Halloween 5 - If they can't secure permission for 2018's movie, this feels like a given, but I'd also be nervous given the lack of unique setpieces in the movie.

 

Nightmare 5: The Dream Child - Far from my favorite in the franchise, but Mark & Greta's dream world scenes could be fantastic rooms to walk through. SuperFreddy oof lmao. Hopefully the rumors that Uni is trying to get Freddy back are true and prove fruitful.

 

Jason Takes Manhatten - My guilty pleasure in the Friday franchise, idgaf what anyone says. A ship-turned-streets house could be incredibly cool too. If Universal could get Jason back on top of Freddy, we'd be in business here.

 

Puppet Master - You'd have to go the route of that one Chucky house and follow a narrative that you've been Honey I Shrunk the Kids-ed down to their size, but I lowkey really want actors dressed as Blade and Tunneler popping out at me.

 

Shocker - It's a Universal-distributed Wes Craven affair, but I don't know how well it'd translate to a house. 

 

1999 Releases:

 

Sleepy Hollow - Is everything Tim Burton did under Disney's foot now? Hopefully not, period pieces like Sleepy Hollow always make for great houses. Especially with that trippy dream sequence involving the iron maiden. Plus, CHRISTOPHER WALKEN HORSEMAN YES PLZ.

 

The Sixth Sense - Honestly, probably the most popular feature on this list. Feels a lot like Poltergeist where it had a few scenes that were creepy when my generation were kids, but A&D could flesh those scenes out into a more impressive house.

 

House on Haunted Hill remake - And The Haunting, but there wasn't much there to give scareactors to do. HoHH at least had visible ghouls (including the always dapper af Jeffrey Combs one). Still don't see this as likely.

 

The Mummy - I mean, they have the ride and have shown the film a lot of love in the past. I could totally see a 20th anniversary house for it.

 

Virus - This is kind of a longshot, but I mentioned in on Reddit as well. It's distributed by Universal. It turns 20 next year. It's set on a ship, and ship houses are always well-received. And the practical effects in the film were astounding (even if that was all that was good about the movie). I'd be cool with a house for this, fleshy android monsters tick a box for me when it comes to horror stuff I love. Also, DONALD SUTHERLAND ROBOMONSTER PLZ. 

 

2009 Releases:

 

Drag Me To Hell - Fun times, this movie. Doubtful though.

 

My Bloody Valentine 3D - Was already done in Silver Screams. Kinda doubtful as well.

 

Zombieland - Everyone is speculating it, and I don't doubt it as a possibility. Wouldn't be my favorite property for a house, but it could be fun I guess.

 

The Collector - Ayyyy, kinda always had a softspot for this movie and I think it could make for a badass house, or just be Saw revisited and disappoint. Still, probably not well-known enough.

 

Dead Snow - If we can't get Overlord for Nazi reasons, this definitely won't happen. But hey, I think it could make for a fun sequence or 2 if Silver Screams got a new house for Mr. Usher.

 

Friday the 13th remake - Again, no shame, I enjoyed it. Would be totally fine with trap-setting Jason getting his own house. Waaaay better than the trash Nightmare remake, at least.

 

The Human Centipede - Please no. -_-

 

Sixth Sense would DEFINITELY re-use the vomit bedsheet hallway from Exorcist. I think Poltergeist was possible for them to pull off. Sixth Sense, not so much--even if the video tape scene is one of the most horrifying things I've seen from a movie. Betting Killer Klowns will be the comedy house next year (with which I am a-ok). If for some reason it's not there (I was absolutely convinced AHS would happen this time last year), I'd be down with Zombieland.

 

Of course, ideally, I'd love Leave It to Cleaver 2. How about "Just Die-sserts"?

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you can probably tell from my avatar (the Llamia) I’d LOVE them to do drag me to hell. It’s my go to Halloween film. It’s fun, scary, gory, and I think a great fit for HHN. They’ve done Sam Rami stuff before, so don’t see why they wouldn’t want to revisit his other works

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stranger Things 2

[This seems likes it's already set for season 2]

 

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

[I also think this will go the scarezone to house route do to many people including myself enjoying the scarezone] 

 

Aliens

[I can see them doing something to celebrate the 40th anniversary for the movie] 

 

Halloween 2018

[Another Halloween house but I doubt they would pass on doing it after seeing how great the movie did] 

 

Chucky

[Successful scarezone and a new movie coming out, I don't see why not]

 

Although it seems impossible at this point, I do hope that they can make an IT house happen or even The Nun. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It interests me what Universal has planned for the houses next year. Will next years event be HHN 29 or HHN 28 Part 2? Let's analyze:

  • An absolute certainty is that Stranger Things Season 2 will be a house.
  • Whether it will consist of new movies that they haven't done yet or it's strictly a Halloween 2018 house, there will definitely be another Blumhouse house next year.
  • It is very likely that Killer Klowns and Chucky could receive the Trick r' Treat treatment and get their own houses next year too.

So right there, that could be 4 repeats for HHN 29. Would Universal try and go after Poltergeist 2, and other similar 80's horror movies to continue what HHN 28 had? Mike Aiello has said 29 will carry the same feel as 28 had, so I see it being very possible that next year will consist of repeats and sequels of properties we saw at 28. Maybe a Slaughter Cinema 2 and/or a Hive 2 house (the original house took place in the 70s maybe Hive 2 takes place in the 80s). Money wise, they did incredible this year and probably want to capitalize on how successful they were with all of the 80's esque properties they had at the event. I'm not sure, personally, if I want that to happen, though.

 

HHN 29 sits in an unfortunate slot. It is right after a year that people are calling the best ever and will be followed by the events 30th anniversary. We obviously know nothing about the event yet and what they have planned for the houses, scarezones, show(s), and theme, and I hate to be pessimistic, but I have a hard time believing that 29 will live up to what 28 offered and what the imminent return of Jack for 30 will offer. Not to say the creative team won't go all out for 29, but they must be super focused on making sure 30 is the best year yet and 29 may not receive the TLC 28 got or 30 will get. I fully believe 29 will be a great year, but again, it is in a tough spot.

 

So what does Universal do? Do they go all out with another 80's theme for HHN 29? Will it be an exciting and respectable sequel to HHN 28? Or will the event be looked at like a bad movie sequel to an incredible original movie that shouldn't have been made in the first place? 

 

Personally, I hope they go with a 90's theme for 29 and then for 30 revisit the 80s theme again. Bring back Killer Klowns and Chucky, do a Stranger Things Season 3 house, do a Halloween 5 house (to keep with the two years apart Halloween houses if they don't do Halloween 2018 for 29), try and get Freddy and Jason for the event, have an awesome Jack anniversary house that is 80s themed, and things like that. I don't think they should strike so soon with basically giving us a repeat of 28 for 29. Changing it up to the 90s will make the event more unique when people look back on it years down the line. HHN 30 will stand on its own with or without an 80s theme but I think it would enhance the anniversary year a ton if this were the case. 

 

I trust Universal to put on an amazing event for HHN 29 nonetheless and I'm very intrigued thinking about what direction they will take...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some will disagree but I would be all for Uni cutting some content or cash for this year to make 30 the best it can be. For example, only having 8/9 houses and 3/4 scarezones. Sometimes we just have to make these cuts for a greater cause. This is fine by me, but others might not like there experience being taken away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haunting of Hill House has been mentioned, and I think it would fit, but might they wait until 30, since it took two years for Stranger Things to arrive?

 

It would give them a good second headliner: https://www.businessinsider.com/netflixs-haunting-of-hill-house-surging-in-popularity-with-viewers-2018-10

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My feeling on the comments that 29 will carry the same feel as 28 is that it will continue to be fun. I really enjoyed just how fun the scare zones were, and was more of a party atmosphere. A lot of the houses had fun elements in. Not sacrificing the scares, but adding more humour and more of a party feel to scare zones. I don’t think there was any deeper meaning to those comments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...