Jump to content
mz_

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Tent 3 (MiB tent) Install permit has finally posted. Seems the permitting office is running behind with uploading them to the site. 

 

Edit: 

 

And we have:

 

Sprung 1

Sprung 2

B108 (new parade)

 

It’s HHN29 Permit Day, everyone!!

- Tent 3 (MIB Extended Queue)
- Building 108 (Parade building #2)
- ST2 (Sprung Tent 2)
- ST1 (Sprung Tent 1)

 

yeah this is what I saw so far I'm guessing, I was trying to post it but my internet keeps lagging.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

- Tent 3 (MIB Extended Queue)
- Building 108 (Parade building #2)
- ST2 (Sprung Tent 2)
- ST1 (Sprung Tent 1)

 

yeah this is what I saw so far I'm guessing, I was trying to post it but my internet keeps lagging.

So much for three locations from 28 being unavailable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

- Tent 3 (MIB Extended Queue)
- Building 108 (Parade building #2)
- ST2 (Sprung Tent 2)
- ST1 (Sprung Tent 1)

 

yeah this is what I saw so far I'm guessing, I was trying to post it but my internet keeps lagging.

 

Permit bot notifications are a wonderful thing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

 

Permit bot notifications are a wonderful thing!

I wonder when the others will get release, hopefully sometime today or tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 7:23 AM, HorrorUnearthed said:

I'm holding my breath on an icon, I feel like they might save it for 30, I hope they don't forget about 15 and the return of the Terra Queen and if it does mean a return to Islands for one year, 30 should definitely be year for a dual park more than anything else.

After the long walk just to Seeds of Extinction and Trick 'r Treat the dual park idea and all that walking can get the heck outta here haha stay in just Studios forever please .

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

HHN29 Permit Day!!

 

I smell a new custom HHN T-shirt for 2019

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 4:23 AM, HorrorUnearthed said:

I'm holding my breath on an icon, I feel like they might save it for 30, I hope they don't forget about 15 and the return of the Terra Queen and if it does mean a return to Islands for one year, 30 should definitely be year for a dual park more than anything else.

I honestly hope an icon returns this year! I'm really hoping for usher but honestly, I would like to see one last brand new icon before 30 but I don't think that's very likely anytime soon if ever. Personally, I feel this year would be a perfect year to let Eddie host the event!

Edited by USHER6998

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I honestly hope an icon returns this year! I'm really hoping for usher but honestly, I would like to see one last brand new icon before 30 but I don't think that's very likely anytime soon if ever. Personally, I feel this year would be a perfect year to let Eddie host the event!

They had plenty of opportunities to bring Cindy and Eddie to the Icon front but opted out for ips being the icons and center of the event now, I mean we were lucky to have Chance but I mean again, cash in on the fact that Harley was becoming the craze again after Suicide Squad, so of course they had Chance be the last icon, I think if they were to bring another icon back, they'd probably end up bringing Jack because see him as profitable, I love Jack but they are doing his character almost to death, I would love to see another icon as well take the reigns, I'd love to see Eddie back really I do, because it would be perfect to see him finally get his redemption, the promotion and everything would be perfect but I just feel like it might end up being another ip demand event again.

11 hours ago, Rikku said:

After the long walk just to Seeds of Extinction and Trick 'r Treat the dual park idea and all that walking can get the heck outta here haha stay in just Studios forever please .

I agree but I mean IOA is the home of HHN 12 - 15, just like they did with 16 when Horror Came Back to Studios, I honestly can see them doing the same for Islands next year. I'm not saying they are going to do it for the next couple of years or whatever but I can see them making 30 a one and done event for Islands and Universal and continuing the rest of the years in Studios.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rikku said:

After the long walk just to Seeds of Extinction and Trick 'r Treat the dual park idea and all that walking can get the heck outta here haha stay in just Studios forever please .

 

57 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

 

I agree but I mean IOA is the home of HHN 12 - 15, just like they did with 16 when Horror Came Back to Studios, I honestly can see them doing the same for Islands next year. I'm not saying they are going to do it for the next couple of years or whatever but I can see them making 30 a one and done event for Islands and Universal and continuing the rest of the years in Studios.

If they ever do a two park event again, I only see that happing at an anniversary year since if they do that they are closing both parks at 5. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kichkinet said:

 

If they ever do a two park event again, I only see that happing at an anniversary year since if they do that they are closing both parks at 5. 

That's what I mean about 30, I don't think they are going to do an anniversary event at Islands just a one done and that would be it because people have always wanted 30 to pick up where 15 left off with the Terra Queen and Terra Cruentas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Just saying I rather do more walking for more yield of reward, more houses counts. 
 I hope they put something worth while in the parade blding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kichkinet said:

 

If they ever do a two park event again, I only see that happing at an anniversary year since if they do that they are closing both parks at 5. 

 I think they would stagger start ioa..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably a major long shot but does anybody think that Game of Thrones has a possibility of being a house this year with it being the last season and all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USHER6998 said:

This is probably a major long shot but does anybody think that Game of Thrones has a possibility of being a house this year with it being the last season and all?

I don't think they'd bring the show to the event but they'd take inspiration from the show and make an original house centered around with much more gore and other horror aspects, sorta like what they did with The Fallen, I could see them going that route with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I don't think they'd bring the show to the event but they'd take inspiration from the show and make an original house centered around with much more gore and other horror aspects, sorta like what they did with The Fallen, I could see them going that route with it.

 

I thought having Game of Thrones would bring in more adult fans and not teens and pre-teens like stranger things. Having an original centered around the same basic concept would be awesome and allow more creativity!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

I thought having Game of Thrones would bring in more adult fans and not teens and pre-teens like stranger things. Having an original centered around the same basic concept would be awesome and allow more creativity!

Yeah, that's the thing A&D try to their best to not only bring ips that they'd love and I think they would bring Game Of Thrones but probably have problems with the higher ups or something, I mean Stranger Things they struck gold with the show, so there's no doubt it returning, but once it's gone, I don't know what will technically take its place because the show has two more seasons left, the creators said that the show would have their 4th season I believe be the last one because they do not want to do what more shows do and drag it out, ie; The Walking Dead atm, so I could see ST being with us for at least one more year before it's done and then it might look like if it's possible The Haunting Of Hill House will take it's place while Universal tries to capture the ips they can get in their grasp that Fox and Disney and WB don't acquire. And yeah I could see them going further with an original take on it, it'd be more dark and scarier than what the show would intend you know and obviously throwing nods for it as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, USHER6998 said:

I honestly hope an icon returns this year! I'm really hoping for usher but honestly, I would like to see one last brand new icon before 30 but I don't think that's very likely anytime soon if ever. Personally, I feel this year would be a perfect year to let Eddie host the event!

agreed. Usher is my favorite icon... 2009 was my favorite year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

agreed. Usher is my favorite icon... 2009 was my favorite year.

He definitely deserves another year, bringing him back, could definitely bring back a bundle of sequel houses as well Ushers' Silver Screen Part 2 with more ip homages, it would definitely be an awesome thing to see as another Horror-Wood Die In scarezone as well, hopefully one of these later years they'll give him and others another year to run to the event after 30.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

He definitely deserves another year, bringing him back, could definitely bring back a bundle of sequel houses as well Ushers' Silver Screen Part 2 with more ip homages, it would definitely be an awesome thing to see as another Horror-Wood Die In scarezone as well, hopefully one of these later years they'll give him and others another year to run to the event after 30.

An Idea I had which seems really cool to me is if HHN does a full repeat year. Make it a year where all the houses(IPs and Originals) and Scarezones are all repeat and expect copies of fan favorites. Bring back Fear as well and all the icons(except Bloody Mary bc of her “issues”). I started going to HHN in 2013 and they are house and SZ I’ll love to do(Silver Screams as a house, and Die in(I know this was 25 but I don’t rem. It) as a SZ) and they are one I’ll love to do again(Poltrogiest as a house, Trick r’ Treat as a SZ). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never understood why Bloody Mary can’t be used anymore at HHN. How exactly is a myth copyrighted? I thought it was public domain. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sinfear said:

I never understood why Bloody Mary can’t be used anymore at HHN. How exactly is a myth copyrighted? I thought it was public domain. 

 

It's the right to use the myth as a character... or something. Basically, a company managed to get the trademark to her, I guess like how Marvel can have a trademark to a Norse god.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kichkinet said:

An Idea I had which seems really cool to me is if HHN does a full repeat year. Make it a year where all the houses(IPs and Originals) and Scarezones are all repeat and expect copies of fan favorites. Bring back Fear as well and all the icons(except Bloody Mary bc of her “issues”). I started going to HHN in 2013 and they are house and SZ I’ll love to do(Silver Screams as a house, and Die in(I know this was 25 but I don’t rem. It) as a SZ) and they are one I’ll love to do again(Poltrogiest as a house, Trick r’ Treat as a SZ). 

That's why we get sequels to the originals rather than the repeat of the originals, I think after Universal repeated AWIL in 2015, some people got pissed about it and others were excited for it especially since 2015's maze was better with more additions to the wolf and stuff, it was completely different and somewhat the same as the house the previous year. Anyways, I don't see Universal going on to do repeats of originals because that's why they plan sequels and let the stories grow and as for ips, they have to purchase the rights for one time only to use at the event, so it'd be a little bit pricey for Universal to use a lot of money on repeats because it would prevent them from making more originals. As for the icons, Universal have been making the event itself the icon and most of all the ips as well.

3 hours ago, DocNiktMarr said:

 

It's the right to use the myth as a character... or something. Basically, a company managed to get the trademark to her, I guess like how Marvel can have a trademark to a Norse god.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid but 2008 will go down as one of the best HHN year's in history and if it was to happen again, I don't think Universal would be able to compete with that year, Universal tends have hits and misses, like coming up with a really good year and then trying to follow it the following year and sorta miss abit, but the icon years have always been the best, not taking anything from the ip years but the icons made the event come alive because they were like the ringleaders you know. I wish they gave the other icons more chances they did with Jack, which I feel like they are going to try and bring him back for another year right after anniversary year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Know what could make a fun comedy house? Psych. The house could be a compilation of the more darker episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

Know what could make a fun comedy house? Psych. The house could be a compilation of the more darker episodes.

I don't see them really going for that show, in all honesty, I can see them wanting to tackle shows like Jordan Peele's The Twilight Zone or Creepshow, maybe Umbrella Academy, I could see them trying to go for horror ip shows, I'm surprised that they never snagged Bates Motel or Hannibal to bring to the event but they probably wanted to see how they'd do and with The Walking Dead craze at the time, it probably got in the way for them since it happened for 23 with AHS. Channel Zero is another good choice they should definitely look into as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...