Jump to content
mz_

Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

Fair. I'm just worried I guess. I'm hoping for 2 shows again 

It's cool :)I can only see AOV returning again this year, if we have a show, I can bet it'll be like Vamp and Chucky were last year and end up having two interactive scarezones, I don't see another Vamp scarezone but I could see something else promising coming to the event at least. I wouldn't mind seeing Psychoscareapy return to the streets again, that zone was fun.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 They are sure pushing the limits between scare zone and full on show. 
 I enjoy that a lot since they removed the second show. We won't get rocky horror again, or a magic show. I mean I would enjoy any second show. You know how many times I saw Brian Brushwood?  during 2010 like 20 times. I enjoy shows because it lets me sit down and relax despite the awful seats. 

 I think there could be a new purge tv inspired show scare zone. 
 Or it would 4 original zones and 2 ip again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope scare actor staffing remains strong until the end of the event (when I show up lol) in particular Scary Tales and Slaughter Sinema was almost always empty for me when I went through last year

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So an email rolled out today:

"Come back and experience new stories and visions from the world’s most notorious creators of horror on select nights Sep 6 – Nov 2. This year, the legend grows and the experience reaches beyond your wildest nightmares."

 

I'm probably looking into it waaayyyy too much, but thag last sentence is kinda interesting. "The legend grows". Are we getting more lore leading up to year 30? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 1:59 PM, zombieman said:

Episode 6 was truly amazing.  Even if you are not a fan of the show, it's wonderful to watch as it was presented as one continuous shot.  In reality it was not (the longest shot was 17 min), but it's simply captivating.  While Haunting of Hill House is not going to put you in a fetal position as was hyped, it tells a great story.  Absolutely worth watching.  And it would probably make a very good HHN house.

 

I disagree.. damn near put me in the fetal position.  As I've said many times - horror affects us all in different ways.  This particular show scared the living hell out of me!  I haven't jumped so much or screamed "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" so many times EVER.  And I DO NOT SCARE EASILY AT ALL.  So, kudos to them!  I'd love to see this at HHN.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

So an email rolled out today:

"Come back and experience new stories and visions from the world’s most notorious creators of horror on select nights Sep 6 – Nov 2. This year, the legend grows and the experience reaches beyond your wildest nightmares."

 

I'm probably looking into it waaayyyy too much, but thag last sentence is kinda interesting. "The legend grows". Are we getting more lore leading up to year 30? 

I mean it sounds interesting, it's not something to look into too much, but who knows, hopefully they'll give us a little more detail to what's coming this year, maybe some teaser or something.

9 hours ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

So now that we have this announcement, will the first house be coming in the next couple weeks?

I'm hoping that's the case, I mean they have been quiet for a bit but hopefully that means they'll announce a house soon, oh there's that word again lmao but anyways I'm betting that it'll definitely be Stranger Things being announced if not, maybe something and Stranger Things possibly being announced around July when season 3 is set to be released on Netflix. I mean they'll more to backup the house and promotion, like they did with AHS and HHN.

21 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

 They are sure pushing the limits between scare zone and full on show. 
 I enjoy that a lot since they removed the second show. We won't get rocky horror again, or a magic show. I mean I would enjoy any second show. You know how many times I saw Brian Brushwood?  during 2010 like 20 times. I enjoy shows because it lets me sit down and relax despite the awful seats. 

 I think there could be a new purge tv inspired show scare zone. 
 Or it would 4 original zones and 2 ip again.

That's what I'm thinking we are going to probably see is another Purge scarezone, the series is pretty cool, and it gives them another reason to make it happen but I think they might wait it out probably since Purge has been almost overused. It deserves a break. What 2 ips do you think would for as scarezone? I always have few but I'm not sure if they'd be executed or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I think the the potential Ip for streets could be 

 purge again? but only tv series.
  I could feel they could go dark like La Llorona street maybe in kid zone ? I do not think wb has rights to urban legend. 
I think there is going to be the ip street of select ip through the park like last two years. I don't want it. 
 I want Army of darkness since they own the rights to it.
 Or a thing street 
I mean if they can do projections to south st.. Maybe they could put the thing or they live in both the alley way and south street.  
Have a "stunt show" of the glasses. 
 I think they could sell " sunglasses"  24.99 for they live sunglasses. 
 I think they could do something along the lines of original. give the actor more freedom to perform. 
 I don't know the future of the streets, but if they do something where the caynon of dark souls was  with Central park and still have roaming horde? or chainsaws in simspons and fast family area( hopefully with better lighting) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever house they announce is going to fit the theme. Last year was 80s. If this is an urban legends or similar themed year we might get an original first. I dont think they will announce stranger things first unless its paired with something else. With this hhn starting earlier and them rolling out prices as well I can see an announcement at the end of the month or mid March. I FEEL like they are going to announce something soon but not something like a house or ip. Keeping my fingers crossed for an icon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Child's play remake trailer came out... And it could be worst? I've still got my money on SotL. I feel like our first announcement is gonna be a big one. They obviously wanna get those preseason sales especially with the new promotion for BOGO. Im thinking ST2, House count, and Islands (If it is there). Im thinking mid/late March for our first Announcement. Anybody hoping for Gremlins? The way Murdy mentioned gremlins in the QnA seemed like Warner propertys are not completly out of the realm of possibilities. Keep your fingers crossed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 5 Scarezones I hope they scrap the awful “selfie zone” by the entrance to the park. It’s such a cop out and doesn’t actually stop the other zones turning into selfie zones. Maybe that’s what they should start calling them from now on......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

With 5 Scarezones I hope they scrap the awful “selfie zone” by the entrance to the park. It’s such a cop out and doesn’t actually stop the other zones turning into selfie zones. Maybe that’s what they should start calling them from now on......

Ban cell phones from the event and trespass anyone who smuggles one in.  

If that sounds extreme, it's not, really. 

It's what every day in any park was like in the 80's. 

 

And somehow, we survived.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 3:21 PM, nebulaexpress said:

So an email rolled out today:

"Come back and experience new stories and visions from the world’s most notorious creators of horror on select nights Sep 6 – Nov 2. This year, the legend grows and the experience reaches beyond your wildest nightmares."

 

I'm probably looking into it waaayyyy too much, but thag last sentence is kinda interesting. "The legend grows". Are we getting more lore leading up to year 30? 

The Truth is Legendary!!

 

I’m in full fangirl mode now. Someone talk me down!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zombieman said:

Ban cell phones from the event and trespass anyone who smuggles one in.  

If that sounds extreme, it's not, really. 

It's what every day in any park was like in the 80's. 

 

And somehow, we survived.

You mean when cell phones were the size of a briefcase and didn't have cameras in them?

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legitimately hate the losers who turn on their lights in a scarezone.  Like, dude, its dark for a reason.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

Legitimately hate the losers who turn on their lights in a scarezone.  Like, dude, its dark for a reason.

Completely agree, but they need them likes and followers to validate their existence on earth

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drummanmatt said:

Completely agree, but they need them likes and followers to validate their existence on earth

Not even the vloggers, the people using them as flashlights to see their way through....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

Not even the vloggers, the people using them as flashlights to see their way through....

These will be the same people that tell their kids to look out for Mickey Mouse at universal studios....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ueeediot said:

Legitimately hate the losers who turn on their lights in a scarezone.  Like, dude, its dark for a reason.

This. Not only is it annoying for us, but imagine how rude it feels for scareactors to have lights in their faces? I'm surprised they don't go blind, practice some courtesy y'all. 

 

If you watch the TimTracker they always get upset about people flashing lights in actors' faces, it's just common sense man :/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Legacy said:

You mean when cell phones were the size of a briefcase and didn't have cameras in them?

Yup.  Kids today think of an age when people didn't carry cell phones as being around the time of Copernicus.

 

Although you may have forgotten about this baby:

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

This. Not only is it annoying for us, but imagine how rude it feels for scareactors to have lights in their faces? I'm surprised they don't go blind, practice some courtesy y'all. 

 

If you watch the TimTracker they always get upset about people flashing lights in actors' faces, it's just common sense man :/

 Please don't get me started on Tim Tracker... 
 I can't stand him or all mighty thor and  a lot of these vloggers. 
  How can you be a review of everything and his dumb voice gives me headaches. 
 His videos aren't special.. I rather dive any more down that deep hole of hate.  


I just think we could freeze this thread for a week or two? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

 Please don't get me started on Tim Tracker... 
 I can't stand him or all mighty thor and  a lot of these vloggers. 
  How can you be a review of everything and his dumb voice gives me headaches. 
 His videos aren't special.. I rather dive any more down that deep hole of hate.  


I just think we could freeze this thread for a week or two? 

Yikes okay

3 hours ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

Does anyone know what would block HHN from using Pet Sematary, other than Stephen King’s Involvement?

Whoever's producing it/distributing it. I can't remember but if it's anything remotely Disney its a no-go. Though WB seems to be not totally out of the question!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...