Jump to content
mz_

Halloween Horror Nights 2019 Speculation

Recommended Posts

So long as the cage dancers come back this year, I'll be relatively happy. They were sorely missed this past year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 9:44 PM, HorrorRat said:

Do you actually think they’ll bring the gogos back?

I'm not sure, it looks like both coasts have gone abit pg now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I'm not sure, it looks like both coasts have gone abit pg now.

Last year Hollywood had the gogo stages out front, but just put dummies in them.  There is zero reason for gogo stages without gogo dancers.  The most logical explanation is the had planned to have them, but got skittish at the last minute  and scrapped the dancers.  I can understand this decision due to ST, but why even build the stages in that case?  I mean, put scareactor statues on them at least.  If the stages reappear with dummies this year, I will be baffled.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so the thread’s been stagnant for a little bit recently, but after some deliberation with other fans on Twitter, looks like Hill House is a pretty strong choice. I actually haven’t seen Hill House so I can’t make comments on the substance in the maze, but if the IP is chosen, we could get one of the biggest turnouts in HHN history (along with ST). So what’s the snow maze? My thoughts, an original. I know, I know, we don’t really get those over here as much as everyone (probably including John and Chris) want, but The Thing seems to be a maze that is always happening, but never does. I believe we could get some abominable snowman/yeti maze this year due to the fact that the theme is incredibly popular right now (for some reason?). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JZOMBIE said:

Alright, so the thread’s been stagnant for a little bit recently, but after some deliberation with other fans on Twitter, looks like Hill House is a pretty strong choice. I actually haven’t seen Hill House so I can’t make comments on the substance in the maze, but if the IP is chosen, we could get one of the biggest turnouts in HHN history (along with ST). So what’s the snow maze? My thoughts, an original. I know, I know, we don’t really get those over here as much as everyone (probably including John and Chris) want, but The Thing seems to be a maze that is always happening, but never does. I believe we could get some abominable snowman/yeti maze this year due to the fact that the theme is incredibly popular right now (for some reason?). 

I was thinking of 30 Days Of Night but idk if they'd go with that film, I mean there are lots of cool stuff in that film that they can replicate and add some things here and there and jump effects and stuff if they'd go that route, if you have not seen the movie it's definitely worth checking out A Alaskan town is plunged into darkness for a month and then it is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about a Jordan Peele maze - Us and GetOut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 11:43 PM, mbp said:

What about a Jordan Peele maze - Us and GetOut?

Get Out, I don't see happening, US might have a chance as a house but I don't know how they'll add it, if they do it might just be apart of The Horrors Of Blumhouse and might be put next to Happy Death Day 2 U and another Blumhouse ip probably, the film seems to be giving a lot of positive reviews, so it could be another hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it before, 30 Days of Night would be epic. I second HorrorUnearthed motion!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 1:56 PM, hgwy407 said:

I've said it before, 30 Days of Night would be epic. I second HorrorUnearthed motion!

Yeah the movie and the comics have so much for them to work and to combined both in one would definitely be really cool to see how they do it and the fact it's also different as well, I mean it's like The Thing but with Vampires in a isolated town. The moment we enter the maze, all hell breaks loose you know, the vampires have come and wreaking havoc, at every turn it's not safe from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Pet Semetary is going to be a sleeper hit based on Rotten Tomatoes: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pet_sematary_2019

 

I honestly thought it was a formulaic cash grab on Stephen King IP from the trailers. Great reviews are a pleasant surprise.

 

I know The Shining maze caused conflict with Stephen King. Could Pet Semetary be an IP maze through Paramount or could SK overrule that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mbp said:

Looks like Pet Semetary is going to be a sleeper hit based on Rotten Tomatoes: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pet_sematary_2019

 

I honestly thought it was a formulaic cash grab on Stephen King IP from the trailers. Great reviews are a pleasant surprise.

 

I know The Shining maze caused conflict with Stephen King. Could Pet Semetary be an IP maze through Paramount or could SK overrule that?

I honestly could see WB acquiring the rights and making it a house that their Horror Made Here event, Universal and King I bet have some kind of issue after the use of The Shining, after seeing WB have IT on a silver platter and making a house of it, I could King and WB having a working relationship together and having them make his mazes over Universal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JZOMBIE said:

Anyone know the reason for the King HHN strain in relationship?

King doesn't like his films and novels be transitioned to haunted houses, I mean sometimes he can be skeptical about his books being turned to books sometimes but after some good hits like Pet Sematary and It, he has gotten over it, but he seems very picky-choosy about what should be done about his creations. Of course WB have say to make their houses because they have licensed the film and yada yada but I think the strain in the relationship is the fact that The Shining had come to HHN in both coasts without his blessing and say, even though he has discredited and did not want the movie to be the one that people remembered him for, he still did not want it to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if the soundstage from last year is still available, or has construction put it off limits?

 

I remember being in that soundstage queue looking at the huge black walls thinking it would be so great to have a wraparound projection of the shadow monster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, zombieman said:

Anyone know if the soundstage from last year is still available, or has construction put it off limits?

 

I remember being in that soundstage queue looking at the huge black walls thinking it would be so great to have a wraparound projection of the shadow monster

Yeah Murdy said it would be going in SS29 again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

info bout holidayz of hell

  • music by figure
  • maze inspiration from vintage post cards
  • [*]facade will be news year post card, will count down "10 9 8" and when it hits 0, the facade will go insane
    [*]news year will be like shining scene, it'll be a nursery with nightmare nurse, party guests, baby new year as scare
    [*]valentimes will be a tunnel of love, with a cupid ripping a girls heart out.
    [*]st patricks day will be cave, with evil fairies, and a leperchaun house, leperchaun will kill people by pouring molting gold on them.
    [*]easter bunny will be a 1970s photo op, bodies will fall out of eggs, will have a killer easter bunny along with monster peeps,
    [*]fourth of july with fireworks stand, with uncle sam and firework holding kid blown to shreds.
    [*]thanksgiving turkies murdering dinner party,
    [*]christmas will be a tree lot filled with bloody bits, will have a christmas tree scare designed off these (https://www.kickthefog.com/tree1.jpg), santa satan as scare.
  • christmas scare zone at end (dark christmas 2.0 basically)
Edited by themazethinker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Hollywood is just "another HHN destination" now or something?

 

...It's because it's such an inactive board, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so we just had the new Universal Monsters Mazes announced, and wanted to know everyone thoughts on Hollywood’s!

:chainsaw:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JZOMBIE said:

Alright, so we just had the new Universal Monsters Mazes announced, and wanted to know everyone thoughts on Hollywood’s!

:chainsaw:

I think it's going to be an awesome house, I grabbed some of the information from the Q&A Murdy based on the maze and I put it in the Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman section but here it is:

Murdy has said during the Q&A that the maze will be sorta in the same vein as they had done with AVP and Freddy vs. Jason also that the score for the house is also being written and recorded and he'll think about playing snippet of Slashs' upcoming scores.

 

He has also said Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman was always in his plans to make if the Universal Monsters maze succeeded.

 

He explained also that the maze will start with the Gypsy Camp which was a deleted scene and scenes from last year's maze.

 

Someone mentioned if next year would Murdy do a Creatures maze and his response "Lets see how this one does. But yes I'd love to do Creature. We've designed him."

Another person had also asked a question on why Murdy focused on why he only chose Frankenstein and The Wolfman for this maze and Murdy's response: " Always saw Univeral Monsters as the "Avengers" movie and now want to spin them off into their own mazes...but in pairs."

Murdy will also be making a voice cameo in the maze as last year he did voice cameos for Dracula and Frankenstein

The maze is also somewhere in between and inspired by the film.

Interrior and Exterrior scenes

The monsters will look abit the same but Wolfman will have some different iterations

It will be in the Metro Set on the Universal Backlot

 

and these are the only things he talked about since he cut the Q&A short

 

I think the house will be phenomenal, since it's a definitely a sequel and off the success of last year's maze, I could see this one doing the same.

 

 
On 4/15/2019 at 8:03 PM, DocNiktMarr said:

So Hollywood is just "another HHN destination" now or something?

 

...It's because it's such an inactive board, isn't it?

I think so and since a lot of people have been on the Orlando section or have gone to IU as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...