Sign in to follow this  
zombieman

Just Announced - NEW STUFF FOR HHN HOLLYWOOD

Just announced today:

• From 10/29-11/2, park guests will be able to take a DAYTIME self-guided lights-on walkthru of the Stranger Things house.  It will be free with park admission.  No mention if pictures/filming allowed, or if there is an age limit.  NOTE that this does NOT overlap with the kid-friendly event announced below.

• Sunday November 4th has been added to HHN

• During daytime hours, USH is offering a family-friendly daytime "not-so-scary" Party in the Plaza.  From 10AM-4PM on 10/27 and 10/28 only.  Costumes will be allowed for kids 12 and under.  Live DJ, games, music, and trick or treating for 12 and under.  
    • 10AM-4PM: Trick or Treat and Character meet and greets at select locations (I wonder if Hollywood Harry will be a meet and greet :D)
    • 11AM-2PM: Halloween Party in the Plaza
    • 1PM-2PM: Costume Showcase in the Plaza
    • NOTE that this kid-friendly event does NOT overlap with the Stranger Things Lights-on walkthru.

Guaranteed this means one of two things..

1. Universal is testing the viability of a Hollywood version of Unmasking The Horror tours for future HHNs..

2. Universal is testing the viability of Stranger Things as a year round IP/attraction ala TWD for the future.. Start by testing how non-HHN guests react to seeing this IP during daytime USH..

I think you are correct.  I was thinking about item #2 as I read the announcement.  I wonder what the upcoming schedule is for that soundstage.  Wouldn't surprise me if ST is kept open even after HHN until it needs to be used.