Sign in to follow this  
zombieman

Delusion: The Blue Blade [Delusion returns for 2018!]

After having endured no Delusion for 2017, I am happy to say it is returning for 2018.

Tickets are already 90% sold out, with only some dates in November and December remaining.  I'd like to say to have no fear - that they will extend the run, but historically that is not a guarantee.  

I just purchased my ticket for Nov 8.  

The location is very different this year, and does not seem to be a house at all this year.  It is at 5257 W. Adams in Los Angeles.  It was recently a cafe/club called the Fais Do-Do (I have no idea...).   But it is now a 4200 sq ft building with 20ft ceilings.  That is small for a haunt but (1) Delusion has worked very well in smallish houses and (2) this ain't a typical haunt.

The price is now higher than ever before - $103.88 after all the fees.  GULP!  When Delusion first started it was around $65.  

Even at his price point, I think it will be worth it.

One reason for the price increase is that the group size has been lowered from 12 to 8 people.  They deliberately wanted a more intimate setting.

Since Delusion went on hiatus in 2017, other haunts have come on the scene, including the wonderful Willows by Creep LA, and Murder Inc which is up and running as I type this.  I gotta try Murder Inc soon, but it is such a drive... 

That Delusion has already almost sold out the entire season - IN JULY - speaks to how great of a show this is.  If you have the bread, I suggest you spend it here.

Here is the link.  The website is unfortunately really crappy and even dates that are not listed as sold out are sold out.  They don't seem to have a link to an honest calendar.  I had to go to page 3 before there were any real dates available.

• Like 1

Went to Delusion in 2016 and loved it! Was in LA for 2017 and bummed it didn't run. Not planning on being in LA for 2018 haunt season but I so want to sneak away just to see this, so jealous! Wanna buy a ticket before they are all sold out but I don't know what dates lol

2 hours ago, Rikku said:

Went to Delusion in 2016 and loved it! Was in LA for 2017 and bummed it didn't run. Not planning on being in LA for 2018 haunt season but I so want to sneak away just to see this, so jealous! Wanna buy a ticket before they are all sold out but I don't know what dates lol

The link is above at the end of my post.  Give it a try - quick!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 1:14 AM, zombieman said:

The link is above at the end of my post.  Give it a try - quick!

Yea I went to the website just I don't know if I am going to LA this year or not, and if I can when I can go. I already have Orlando trip booked and this year is busy for me so not sure if I can do LA or not and there lies the problem. By the time I find out the rest of the Delusion tickets will be sold out :(

Grabbed my tickets for sometime in November for a group of 4. I'm glad it's going to be smaller groups since it'll make it a bit more intimate again, as well as help with the tighter spaces. Man I'm looking forward to stepping back into the world of Delusion. I really hope they find a permanent location, it'd be neat if they did and rotated some of the plays they've done in the past. I really would love to go back to Lies Within. Regardless, I'm excited for The Blue Blade. 

All, very few tickets left.  

I want to let you know about ANOTHER way to see Delusion.

There is a site (that I am not affiliated with) called horrorbuzz.com 

They have been around for several years and organize trips to haunts.

For Delusion, they have bought several timeslots for Nov 17.

You can buy tickets from them.   The group would only consist of Horrorbuzz prople.

Once again, it will include a meet and greet with Jon Braverman.

Anyhow, I just checked the site and there are 21 tickets left.  They are $95 each.

HorrorBuzz is also doing 5 other haunt event trips, including Knotts, and a couple in the San Francisco area (including Winchester Mystery House).

I've decided to go with HorrorBuzz to Delusion, so I'll be going TWICE this year.  I've done that in the past.  Even if you go multiple times, it's not always the same

Blue Blade is done for the year.

Was not really a haunt this year, bit was an equally entertaining immersive theater.

Went TWICE.  They had a one night only 50% off for returning Delusionals so I took advantage of it and brought my daughter - who loved it.

Delusion did not take place in a house this year.  It took place in a former two story nightclub.  And once again, it was bigger on the inside than on the outside.  I don't know how the hell they do that.

Super immersive. Tons of tasks they want you to perform. 

As mentioned before, this year was NOT horror.  It was Raiders of the Lost Ark+Star Trek+WW II+Quantum Leap.  The plot was nonstop and quite complex.  Still had incredible live stunts.  The show ran through December and then returned in March for a short run.  They changed parts of the story as well as the ending between the runs.

Delusion is still the best thing going in LA theater.

Can hardly wait to see what they do later this year.  If you live out here and have read my reviews year after year and have NOT gone, what the heck is wrong with you?  It is a MUST SEE event.

• Like 1