Jump to content
happy bunny rabbit

HHN 28: Slaughter Sinema

Recommended Posts

Thanks very much for posting these!  Maybe I was having issues with my computer or something.. but one of these was definitely lost underneath the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the video they released for this house on twitter, I found 8 movies that we'll be going through:

 

  • Pumpkin Guts
  • Cult of the Beast Baby
  • Amazon Cannibals from Planet Hell
  • Attack of the Swamp Yeti
  • The Midnight Attack
  • Cleaver's Kutz
  • Barber Chop
  • Devil Dogs

 

And with this comes my main concern for this house: What if every movie is only one room? 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

After watching the video they released for this house on twitter, I found 8 movies that we'll be going through:

 

  • Pumpkin Guts
  • Cult of the Beast Baby
  • Amazon Cannibals from Planet Hell
  • Attack of the Swamp Yeti
  • The Midnight Attack
  • Cleaver's Kutz
  • Barber Chop
  • Devil Dogs

 

And with this comes my main concern for this house: What if every movie is only one room? 

Typically in a Sprung Tent maze, there are usually 9 Scenes plus the entrance (so 10 if you include the entrance).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OrangeRyan said:

Typically in a Sprung Tent maze, there are usually 9 Scenes plus the entrance (so 10 if you include the entrance).

And we know that the first scene in the actual house will be the drive-in lobby... So does that pretty much confirm my theory?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

And we know that the first scene in the actual house will be the drive-in lobby... So does that pretty much confirm my theory?

I assume so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H.R. Bloodngutz was pretty much one room per season (a couple of exceptions), and a whole bunch of us loved it.  I think this is going to be just fine

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, zombieman said:

H.R. Bloodngutz was pretty much one room per season (a couple of exceptions), and a whole bunch of us loved it.  I think this is going to be just fine

Hope you're right! This is my most anticipated house!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

After watching the video they released for this house on twitter, I found 8 movies that we'll be going through:

 

  • Pumpkin Guts
  • Cult of the Beast Baby
  • Amazon Cannibals from Planet Hell
  • Attack of the Swamp Yeti
  • The Midnight Attack    Midnight Snack 2: The House Swarming
  • Cleaver's Kutz  (This one is tricky since you can't see the entire name of the movie on the poster. But for the first word it clearly starts with "SC", and at the end it's clearly "ITTIE'S". Meanwhile the third letter looks like a "K" or a "W". While the second word you can only make out the first letter of "K" and the last letter of "Z". The last word is probably "Kidz" since one scene involves a birthday party at a arcade. That and you can see several children on the poster. So I'm tentatively saying it's SCWITTIE'S (or SCKITTIE'S) KIDZ.)
  • Barber Chop
  • Devil Dogs

 

Fixed a couple of the titles.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After opening weekend, this may be my least favorite house of the year.

 

This house is just way too random, even for HHN standards. This house feels like the “extra” tenth house they advertise; it literally looks like they said “grab anything left in the warehouse, throw it all in and make up some random stories.”

 

I’m not really sure why some people call it the “comedy house.” Nothing made me laugh or smile. It was more like a “Huh”? It’s also a very bright house.

 

I’ve always been a supporter of all the original content houses over IP’s, so I’m hoping this house grows on me during the course of the event, but I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top Notch "fun" house. The film ideas are all very interesting and I could see either of them becoming fleshed out into their own full blown house concept (especially the Swamp Yeti and the Midnight Snack 2 sections) 

 

Lots of funs, and the scareactors seem to be having a blast with what they know is a very silly concept overall. Also it smells like popcorn when you go in. How cool is that? 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My girlfriend and I loved the House!
The environments were all so diverse and well- made, and there were quite a few good scares (The Swamp Yeti really got my girlfriend, and the Pumpkin Guts guy really nailed me).

The only part I was a little disappointed by was 'Cult of the Beast Baby,' I thought a lot more could have been done with that. 

btw, I noticed a possible Easter Egg, and I was wondering if someone who'd be hitting that House soon could look into it for me?
In the 'Devil Dogs' (Which I think could potentially make a good actual movie) section, the score screen on the bar's pinball machine displays the message "Open the Door." That definitely looks like a clue of some kind. Does anyone know what it's referring to?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These scareactors were some of the best I've seen acting and costume wise. Then again I might have just gotten a really good crew.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2018 at 4:28 PM, Nightcrawler said:

In the 'Devil Dogs' (Which I think could potentially make a good actual movie) section, the score screen on the bar's pinball machine displays the message "Open the Door." That definitely looks like a clue of some kind. Does anyone know what it's referring to?

I believe the exact message was "Open Door" - not "Open the Door".  That is a message that appears when the coin door is not fully closed.  

 

 

The easter egg that no one seems to be talking about is one that is in the previews themselves.

There is a preview for "Scarecrow: The Reaping"

There is a preview for "Hive"

BUT, did anyone notice....

There is a preview for "Hive 2"?

 

Why?  They didn't have to do that?  They have 40 minutes of video for the queue; no need for this 90 second filler....

Why not Scarecrow 2, with some sort of campy tagline?

I don't for a second think this was just a "why not?" thing to do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I believe the exact message was "Open Door" - not "Open the Door".  That is a message that appears when the coin door is not fully closed.  

 

 

The easter egg that no one seems to be talking about is one that is in the previews themselves.

There is a preview for "Scarecrow: The Reaping"

There is a preview for "Hive"

BUT, did anyone notice....

There is a preview for "Hive 2"?

 

Why?  They didn't have to do that?  They have 40 minutes of video for the queue; no need for this 90 second filler....

Why not Scarecrow 2, with some sort of campy tagline?

I don't for a second think this was just a "why not?" thing to do.

Maybe they want to give Hive a more “fleshed out” treatment than just a quick replacement house? I remember in your review last year when you said that it felt like it was an idea they had on the shelf.

 

On the subject of sequels, since we had two “10th anniversary sequels” this year, it’d be interesting to see a Leave It to Cleaver sequel next year (“Meaty Christmas!”)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great house with so many varied scares and sets, some really good scares, and some hilarious rooms.

 

More of a comedy house, but can still have its scares in the likes of Pumpkin Guts and Swamp Yeti, Barber Chop personally got me twice in one run.

 

I love the design with the poster before each film that you can admire and listen to the announcer hype up the movie. HoB tried to do this last year, but it just felt boring. The announcer and the fact that these are full posters instead of just logos make this structure work really well IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just appreciate that you can get a shirt made with your favorite poster from this house like mad props to the person who thought of that.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right when you walk into Midnight Snack 2, there is a fire alarm on the wall. Is this a real fire alarm or something we are supposed to pull down? I have a hard time thinking they would just have it out in the open for anyone to set off an alarm. Anyone else notice it or attempt to pull it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MGregorio594 said:

Right when you walk into Midnight Snack 2, there is a fire alarm on the wall. Is this a real fire alarm or something we are supposed to pull down? I have a hard time thinking they would just have it out in the open for anyone to set off an alarm. Anyone else notice it or attempt to pull it? 

 

There are no GATs in Slaughter Sinema.  

 

If you pull that lever, the house shuts down and the fire department comes.  Kidding.   It's a non working switch for a decorative alarm, as House Swarming is supposed to take place in a lab.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...